Pay now / Alpha or Beta version?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Pay now / Alpha or Beta version?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Oculus Prime
    Participant

What if we were all in one big episode of Catfish where VorpX didn’t really exist?

MrGeddings
    Participant

seriously just release the damn thing already this is ridiculous im starting to wonder if this thing will EVER get released i mean we all have DEV KITS it DOESNT HAVE TO BE FREAKING PERFECT! dont understand for the life of me why a guy has to take FOREVER to release a software for a DEVELOPMENT KIT! i mean its not like the first version has to be retail quality you know, its just insane that we desprietly need more content for the rift for those of us who have the rift and arnt entirely game devs (though i am giving the 4 month unity trial a shot and will come out with a demo or two using some sort assets) still..vorpx will add a very nice selection of more games to work with the Rift which is what we need right now. we dont CARE if its bet awe dont CARE if there is some issues. WE ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT ANYWAYS NOW! why the HELL are you dragging your feet on this thing? you TOLD US months ago “vorpx will come out around when dev kits start shipping”

YEAH ARIGHT!

come ON already…….what gets me is WE ARE WILLING TO PAY YOU. your not making any money right now until you open it up to buy (from it) why give it out free to a few people when a lot more people are willing to PAY you to get it!

crazy…..well im sorry but my first reply when this thing “does” come out is about damn time.

just what we need for this project a profectionest who doesnt give a crap about what his audience really wants now nor care about actually making any money from it ..apparently any time soon.

“sighs”.

MrGeddings
    Participant

the fact also that you cant even bother to proide any more blog post updates on your progress on this site but instead post it on other sites shows that you really dont give a crap about us … too. i mean i KNOW your not working on the thin 24/7 ……at the very least as i have requested quite a few times….you could give us a updated list of the “80 games” that work with it or something. the fact that you didnt even mention world of warcraft works with the beta even though a german site showed it off.

i mean seriously you want to make a product show a little respect to the people who want to be a part of it….ugh……dont even know why you have this site up honestly just deleate this whole thing and then make a simple page that says “vorpx will come out when I say it comes out and i coudnt give a crap about you ”

lol……..well whatever. least i have unity hopefully by the time my trial ends in 4 months vorpx will be out

yeah right. should have came out 4 months ago.

Oculus Prime
    Participant

I spent a ton of money on my Oculus Rift. I would easily pay $100 to $200 or more to receive a somewhat working version of the software. I am sure I am not alone.

In the meantime it’s back to Half Life 2 and Doom 3 BFG I guess.

yomer
    Participant

I really expected Ralf to releae VottpX before Steam’s Summer Sale. I’m deeply disappointed.

yomer
    Participant

*VorpX

dan
    Participant

When it’s finally released, I’ll probably wait until I see some reviews before buying. As we’ve all been in the dark for a while, the thing that worries me is what type of support we’ll get when we inevitably find bugs.

Nedo
    Participant

The delay, i do think it have something to do with the latest SDK release where you can measure your IPD and create a VR Player Profile.
    vorpX should use the player profiles, so no manual setup for each game.

MrGeddings
    Participant

Ok seriously you are starting to tick me off sir. its insane that you are taking FOREVER to release it because apparently it has to be perfect..even though the first users for it will be with the DEVELOPMENT KIT! therefor we dont CARE if its not perfect!!!! jebus fricking christ. It just really upsets and frustrates me.. your software is badly needed because lets be honest right now that many things to try with the rift i did most of the demos and the only real game i can play on it is minecraft as i dont like the perception driver settings and half life 2 i rather play it without the hud but you gotta freaking enter two console commands everytime you load a map (and thats not easy to do with the rift).

i got my hopes up thinking oh wow at least world of warcraft is going to work with it using a mod someone did.

it doesnt..well not for me. maybe because my moniter cant run the super low resolution apparently required by the mod. corse it doesnt help that you have litterarly like 42 steps to get the damned thing working and even after all that it didnt for me….not their fault though but if they had a coder like you who could simply inject a driver instead of relying on TWO other programs .to get it to “render” right.

(again not really their fault i suppose though i strongly suggest they come up with a better solution in the future at least…)

but seriously come on release the damn thing already. we NEED it. and hey we are willing to PAY you for it.

hell. ill say it. it pisses me off!

you annouced it before the rifts started shipping you told us then “ohh oooh it will be out around when the rifts start shipping”

YEAH RIGHT!! then hyou go and post a nice little interview and have Road to VR do a nice preview of Vorpx like what 2 months ago? and since then NOTHING?

really?? i mean come on..how freaking long is it going to take you? my guess is another company like tridef or something is going to come up with a solution before your slow ass does.

the fact that you freaking dont even BOTHER now to update the blog here AT ALL in what THREE frigging months. shows you really dont give a flying fudge about the people here who want to be a part of it.

God just what we need for this …some anal developer whos locked in his room in la la land taking FOREVER to release a damn product thats right now for a DEV KIT vr headset.

GOD! it PISSES me off! how long is it going to be? another 3 months?

what really rubs my skin is the fact that you gave out (free im sure) nice little beta versions to “special people” who have had it for MONTHS now but for those who are willing to PAY YOU for the damn thing oh no screw that….no we cant get in the beta…not even if we ask. no sorry screw us huh?

whatever. you should have had a beta program like what they are doing on steam now where you pay for beta at a discount and then get the full version too

that way people who really want it wont have to wait months and months and months and months and months. and that way you could take all the time you wanted in the beta.

UGH. whatever. gotta say development for the rift has been pretty slow lately. there was a bunch of cool demos and stuffs the last few months but i dunno the last few weeks its like been silent. i guess there busy working on their projects but we NEED VORPX!

god id almost be willing to pay 100 bucks right now to get it JUST to have some more content to use with the rift!

hell thats what im doing right now with Unity. because of the lack of content.. i bought a 90 buck asset pack (was a nice one too) to have something to work with

and im kinda using it as an alternative to garrys mod because that idiot (ok he has a great mod but..still this pisses me off too) decides to say that it has -vr mode support in the beta and HE DIDNT EVEN BOTHER TO TEST IT (YEAH ITS A BETA BUT STILL..AT LEAST if your going to enable a vr mode make sure it doesnt freaking crash the program every single time!)

so ive been trying to learn to import other models which ironically you most likely could get in garrys mod anyways.. so i can make my little scenes and its may cost me more as i might get some other programs to import more stuff into it.

but whatever. the rift is so awesome it just begs to have more content for it. and i dont mind paying for it if its cool.

but yeah…take all the damn sweet time you want. honestly wish someone would have uploaded a beta versoin of it on pirate bay or something so that those wanting to try it out actualy could as honestly a middle finger to you for annoucing this wonderful great awesome driver that now apparently has 80 game supported

AND TAKING FOREVER TO RELEASE IT AND RELEASING A FREE BETA TO A “SELECT” GROUP OF PEOPLE AND THEN COMPLETELY IGNORING US THE PEOPLE WHO ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT!

sorry. people may think im being an ass for posting this.

but COME ON. maybe if enough people bitch about it you’ll finally decide “ooh gee duh maybe i should go ahead and release the beta for people who want to buy it”.

sorry this sounds negitive but apparently not like anyone ever posts that muuch here anyways considering that he has all but abandoned this blog.

RELEASE VORPX ALREADY. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO BEG FOR YOU TO DO SO:?
    ugh.

deleate this post if you want i dont care just sick of waiting.

MrGeddings
    Participant

ok maybe i shoudnt have wrote all this i was a bit upset had a bad day but whatever seems you cant frigging edit or deleate posts you make on here so ..whatever. lol. just release it already seriously.

dan
    Participant

Don’t worry, I’m sure he didn’t read all of your post. I wouldn’t have.

Susu986
    Participant

Yeah, man, don’t worry, I’m upset too. But it doesn’t help. Try to find something that eases the frustration.

ssshake
    Participant

I get really annoyed when I see developers use preferential treatment. The media and the well known get closed beta access but the people who really want to give you their money can’t? We have dev kits, we have existing paid for games. Why not let us try the beta and submit our bug reports? You don’t like a large audience exposing defects?

To sound like a real ass here for a second it makes me want to give you my money less than if you were open and forth coming.

However I get a little irate when I see anyone do anything for the oculus but not release alphas/betas or source code because this product demands such a change in how we engineer things I think being as open as possible is better for the whole

linus
    Participant

Hi, got my “processing” mail from Oculus today – so very curious about status behind the silence … Any official statement would be great (hi Ralf :) )

Articles and tests in the press were very promising (especially in the C’t). But since weeks there is death and silence in the blog.
    Technical problems?
    Commercial issues?
    A very long holiday in Antarctica without any internet access?

HappyHimitsu
    Participant

I have to agree. While I don’t think that berating Ralph is at all the right thing to do, I do think his choice to keep it closed and sell it is somewhat contradictory to the way he is treating his future clientele.
    It is his right to hold off on a release (who knows, perhaps there was a deal breaker of a bug in there and he needs to rewrite half the code?) but leaving ‘average joe/jane’ in the dark does nothing to help his credibility towards the future, and he should be letting people know if there are problems.

This isn’t some console fanboy crowd that are going to be buying his drivers, it is going to be filled with PC savvy users who know better.

Perhaps he is sitting on a deal to buy out his code, or perhaps he just isn’t very good with people and suffers from some form of anxiety disorder and all of this attention is getting to him; it happens.

Give your people an update Ralf. You would be surprised how quickly an angry mob can be turned into adoring fans when you do things right. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!