Pay now / Alpha or Beta version?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Pay now / Alpha or Beta version?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    HappyHimitsu
    Participant

I am as frustrated as the next guy, but you know Mr. Geddings, developers have feelings too.
    Maybe Ralf is having Family troubles. Maybe the guy is having a hard time dealing with all the attention (I used to suffer from anxiety disorder); Maybe he realized that there was a huge problem in his code and he is struggling to figure it out for us.
    Or maybe he just figures ‘fuck all of you’ because he keeps reading disheartening comments and angry thankless statements like the ones you keep posting all over these forums…

The Man doesn’t owe us a thing really. Nobody has lost any money; and we can’t expect to have support for a product that doesn’t even really exist.
    In fact, people are amazingly lucky to have some 200 or so demos, as well as a few commercial titles already to play on their developer kits.
    Don’t expect anything software-wise outside of development tools until there is a consumer release (although Ralf (Ralph?) did say he would have something released by now so I can empathize a little)

P.S. I flipped it rather good on the OculusVR forums a while back when I found out our Rifts were being delayed by customs and it just resulted in me feeling and looking like an ass.
    Mind you I was nowhere near as rude to people there as you are being here to Ralph, but Man was I ever cheesed.
    lol

MrGeddings
    Participant

well im sorry for some of the things i said but whatever. i think this is redicilous. i wonder if this product will ever see the light of day

and of course the guy himslf didnt bother to reply to my thread. no suprise there. locked away in some dark hole somewhere im sure.

we NEED vorpx! right now. it would be so amazing. why in the WORLD are you TAKING SO DAMN LONG!

IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE PERFECT! sighs.

MrGeddings
    Participant

no word. i think this guy has sucked himself in some black hole.

its pretty poor doings. guys let this be a lession in how NOT to do PR for a product for the Rift. you dont make a few nice posts about how awesome and kool Vorpx will be and then completely stop updating the posts for 3 months barely reply on the forums and then give a few people some free beta versions just so they can hype it up only to take

FOREVER TO RELEASE ANYTHING

whatever. jerk. playing all those cool games with the Rift and not sharing it with us. thats like the kid at school with all the cool toys who never shared it with anyone.

and hey thanks for refusing to let me in the beta. oh im sorry i am not a well known youtuber or a website to give you more free hype and PR it was my birthday too!.

HappyHimitsu
    Participant

Personally I wouldn’t let you an inch within any of my software if you had that attitude towards me.
    I am going to make the guess that you are either very young (< 17) or that you suffer from some form of autistic spectrum disorder or the like, because your attitude here is truly nothing more than childish and trite.

Just because you feel like Ralph is purposely holding out on you, doesn’t mean he is; and again, you are acting foolish to be screaming for a product that by all means could hold off on a release until the consumer version of the Rift is out.

I do think the Man owes us an update though. Here’s hoping he’s ok.

linus
    Participant

Dears. Please not another pubertal thread with covering each other with insults.
    I am interested in some serious info about a release date (or some facts about the silence around this project). Nothing more, nothing less.

Ralf
    Keymaster

As much as I can understand that some of you are getting impatiant, complaining every few days won’t speed up anything. I would really like to work exclusively on vorpX, but like most of you I have to work for (serious) money too, which is eating away nearly all of my time ATM.

Getting something ready for a broader audience has still high priority, but things take as long as they take. Sorry. :)

@ Mr Geddings : No problem if you want to complain, but please do so in a civilized manner. And please don’t open new theads with the same complaint over and over again. Use this one for further discussion of this matter. Thanks.

Susu986
    Participant

Ralf: thank you for showing up!
    Most of us probably understand that you have your private life, and your priorities. I personally would like to ask you (and I’m sure many of us thinks the same way) if you could post weekly updates at least, even if you you didn’t find time to work on Vorpx. Just let us know, please, that things are still on track.
    It really doesn’t take much time to drop a few lines, and there are many of us, who are waiting eagerly. Thanks!

MrGeddings
    Participant

well yeah i understand that you have a job fine. but then again thats more the reason to release the thing now as a beta. you could earn some extra money and then just take it as you go. but whatever. what gets me is just that the fact you havent bothered to commmicate and provided any blog posts or any real updates in months i mean at the very least you could post a video once in a while of your progress you know? i didnt mean to be overly rude (and for the other guy so your saying you woudnt want a person to buy your product who was rude to you. online.thats stupid money is money if you take it so personal thats your problem)

it would just be nice to hear more updates or some sort of timeline. and i just wish youd go ahead and release the beta to those who wish to be “early adopters” its like what a lot of devs are doing these days, with kickstarter and things like star citizen. i honestly think thats a much better way to do a project anyways ….expecally if you are more transparent and at least try to provide good status updates too. just leaving everyone in the dark on things just is really frustrating.

but i really think you should release the beta for those who want to pay early that will releave some pressure as you have the beta out for users and can just take more time to work at it at your own pace while earning a bit of money from it. or at least give us a reason for such a long delay when you said it would be out shortly after rifts started shipping..

but whatever. i guess it comes when it comes. didnt mean to be overly rude but its just frustrating because we are all sitting her wondering whats really going on with VorpX.

i think a few more updates or somethng would at least help.. updating your blog even just once a month would be better then nothing.

linus
    Participant

Hi Ralf,
    thanks for info – with some understanding of current dev situation it’s easier to wait for your release.
    Nevertheless, have to agree: some blogged status update from time to time could limit the complaints and calm the roaring mob ;)
    The idea of a beta/early adopter release is nice – of course the driver has to be mature enough. Although preview tests of VorpX like that in the C’t sounded very near to this …

DonGateley
    Participant

A subscribable email list for announcements would complement the blog very nicely and get everyone who’s interested on board at the earliest moment you are ready without continually checking back here.

Thanks

museumsteve
    Participant

well yeah i understand that you have a job fine. but then again thats more the reason to release the thing now as a beta. you could earn some extra money and then just take it as you go. but whatever. what gets me is just that the fact you havent bothered to commmicate and provided any blog posts or any real updates in months i mean at the very least you could post a video once in a while of your progress you know? i didnt mean to be overly rude (and for the other guy so your saying you woudnt want a person to buy your product who was rude to you. online.thats stupid money is money if you take it so personal thats your problem)

it would just be nice to hear more updates or some sort of timeline. and i just wish youd go ahead and release the beta to those who wish to be “early adopters” its like what a lot of devs are doing these days, with kickstarter and things like star citizen. i honestly think thats a much better way to do a project anyways ….expecally if you are more transparent and at least try to provide good status updates too. just leaving everyone in the dark on things just is really frustrating.

but i really think you should release the beta for those who want to pay early that will releave some pressure as you have the beta out for users and can just take more time to work at it at your own pace while earning a bit of money from it. or at least give us a reason for such a long delay when you said it would be out shortly after rifts started shipping..

but whatever. i guess it comes when it comes. didnt mean to be overly rude but its just frustrating because we are all sitting her wondering whats really going on with VorpX.

i think a few more updates or somethng would at least help.. updating your blog even just once a month would be better then nothing.

..and even when Ralf posts a reply, you spew the same old text. Can you not just leave it now?.
    I can imagine Ralf bows to pressure and releases it in it’s current state and then you cant get a game working properly because people have different OS’s, GPUs, mem etc etc…you’d be here every day again moaning about when the next update is coming.
    I really wish you’d think about these things a bit more rationally.

For the record, I have had a retail shop for 18 years..and money certainly isn’t money. I’d refuse to sell something to someone that had the tone you have..and I have done and will continue to do so.
    Maybe you don’t read over what you write but regardless of your intention, you are simply rude.

DonGateley
    Participant

well yeah i understand that you have a job fine….

Yada, yada, yada… Your attitude of entitlement is simply astonishing.

MrGeddings
    Participant

Well sir. as i predicted looks like tridef is offically getting on the bandwagon, their beta driver support for the Rift isnt perfect at all.. and its more akin at this stage to the free perception drivers, however they are a larger professinal company and this may simply be the very first stepping stone for them to properly intigrate the Oculus Rift.

Time to get off your butt and release your driver sir, as even in the beta previews from what ive seen it has better options than is out right now,

however now the clock is ticking, tridef could easily work on making a well done driver with massive game support and good options

so if you wait too late your going to be left in the dust. Release Vorpx already do an early adapter thing where people can pay now to get the beta and then get the final release.

this is your chance sir….otherwise you wait too late and you just might be left in the dust.. tridef could easily improve their driver to support many more games with more options and better head tracking before your vorpx ever sees the light of day.

i hope this will put a little more pressure on you to release your drivers already.

but hey good to know another company is actually working on it. its not perfect but a step in the right direction.

please just release vorpx already, you wait too late and you could easily miss your chance. if tridef ends up getting rift to work with HALF as many games as they do their normal 3d drivers for…..your in trouble. just saying…..

HappyHimitsu
    Participant

Yep, as much as I don’t like your attitude on these forums Mr. Geddings, you are right.
    If Ralf is going to stand to make anything from his drivers, he is going to have to release them now or he is going to be left in the dust.

Now’s your chance Ralf. There are people here willing to give you money, but if you don’t jump on it and take it you are going to be left with nothing but a fading dream. Don’t let that happen, the time is now.

golem09
    Participant

I cannnot agree with MrGeddings attitude either, but I do wonder why Ralf is holding back. In a youtube video from nearly two months ago Cymatic Bruce shows off a build, switching between games without any problems or graphic errors.
    Now, certain advanced features missing could be a concern if Ralf was actually planning to release it to a “larger audience” as he put it, but currently the only possible audience is a mix of game developers and hardcore enthusiasts, that are even going as far as alpha testing hardware.
    I get that it’s not finished, and that there are probably problems behind the scenes that we haven’t glimpsed yet. But the alternative is to not being able to play games at all. So I’ll take a broken version anytime.
    Hell, I’ll take Cymatic Bryce’s two month old superbroken version.

Of course it’s possible that I still haven’t grasped the whole bigger picture, but that#s what goes through my mind right now.

Good Luck with vorpX, Ralph!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!