Almost Ten Years Ago…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Almost Ten Years Ago…

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

1) For those detecting Malware, I’m running only MS Defender and it detected nothing wrong.

2) Played with it in v1.31 for a few minutes and it looks pretty good. I’m surprised the performance is as good as it is. So far this doesn’t impact performance as much as I expected it to. BUT, I do still notice a lot of artifacts around NPCs. I double and triple checked to be sure I was on “Direct VR” (or whatever it’s called). It also doesn’t get quite as much sharper as I expected at lower resolutions. Compared to, say, Fallout 3 or Fallout 4, where the Z3D -> G3D is blindingly obvious, it’s more subtle here. Is this due to the Direct VR mode, or do I have something wrong? I will also have to push 90Hz because the right/left interlaced rendering becomes glaringly apparent at lower refresh rates.

3) Is there any way I can make it respect my hotkey assignments from vorpX settings? I have things like ‘Reset VR view’ configured to different keys than usual. Most important would be the vorpX menu buttons, which I map to keyboard strokes only (I have an Xbox controller and I’ve added the little keyboard, so I can access all these right on my controller.)

I’ll try it with v1.23 once I get a full backup of that directory completed. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work.

Thank you Ralf! What a great piece of work.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

ok,thx Ralf ! I will use SteamVR, and wish you happy holidays !

Jasagna
    Participant

Game won’t start :(

GOG CP2077 1.31
    Quest 2 via Link Cable
    Windows 10
    2070 Super

Got the game to run enough to change my settings (set to Medium).
    Then I exited out and restarted. The game refuses to run now.
    I reinstalled the CP VorpX mod and reset options to Oculus.
    Instantly crashes. Recommendations? (Yes, I’ve rebooted lol).

Jasagna
    Participant

Well, got it to work by resetting via Geforce Experience.
    It’s running pretty terrible (lik3 5fps). Not sure why.
    I’ve got it set to Medium for a 2070 Super (was running fine at Ultra settings).

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Can you enable us a longer editing window on wordpress? I would go in and edit that post after I had some unexpected time to play with it more:

1) It does not work at all with v1.23, which is a bummer.

2) I totally misunderstood what Direct VR would bring; I thought it was a form of G3D, but it’s got so much distortion. It is wonderful to have that much accurate overall scene depth, but I would either need to turn it way down (which I can’t seem to do currently) or just switch back to Z3D – I actually get far *less* edge distortion with Z3D. Yes, the depth is no longer a bit wonky with Direct VR, but it halos so badly with this much depth. Is there any way we can turn that depth down?

3) Performance appears to be exactly the same as Z3D; switching to Direct VR gives me more depth, more distortion, and no change in performance.

I expect it would be a lot of fun to play with Index controllers, but unfortunately I won’t be able to push the frame-rate for that at anything resembling a high-enough resolution for me to tolerate, so it’s Cinema mode for me anyway.

onetoo
    Participant

I got it working. DLSS was getting in the way. Looks good and stable so far at nicer though I have occasional frame drops.

MGSnake19
    Participant

I have a Quest 2, oculus pc app updated to the latest version.

I keep getting
    ” Oculus runtime ini failed, vorpx will not work correctly.
    Try to restart the Oculus software or your pc.
    Switching vorpx to SteamVR mode may help in some cases.
    Oculus runtime error.
    LibOVRRT signature check failure {-3021}”

Game won’t hook with Quest 2 / Oculus Airlink. The above error is what i get.
    It hooks fine with Virtual Desktop / SteamVR.

PC and Headset were restarted multiple times to no avail.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try OpenXR or SteamVR if you have trouble getting it to work in Oculus mode.

mariametro
    Participant

For clarification, is the mod out for the regular version of vorpx yet or is it just the standalone version at the moment? if it’s just the standalonee version, is there an ETA when regular vorpx users can expect to see it rolled out in an update?

Kinda don’t want to mess around with varying installs in order to keep things clean.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

is the mod reshade compatible ? (FXAA,SMAA,TAA)

is it possible to use 1:1 or 10:9 or 10:8 aspect ratio resolutions ?

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Around the NPC’s is a flickering “gloriole”, specially the long hair of the female NPC’s are flickering. Can i reduce the TAA sharpening or the 3D Strength to reduce the flickering a little bit ?

luka2099
    Participant

ok, I have tried everything, the game runs very well, fluid, clean. but nothing to do no headtracking. tried with all three options available. does anyone else have the same problem? does headtracking work at all?

Lawrence1962
    Participant

i had the problem with RDR2 last week. I had to do a factory reset of vorpx, the RDR2 vorpx profile and a reset of the settings of the game in the geforce experience app.

The Headtracking depends on the mouse function of windows, you can set keyboard and mouse in the vorpx in-game menu to check the headtracking as mouse tracking.

jacketrooper
    Participant

Guys here’s my optimal performance for my preference with 3080ti with Reverb G2

– Choose the second option instead of Direct3D in vr settings (left thumbstick)
    – Resoulution ultra or phenomenal
    – Graphic settings low, RT off
    – Refresh Rate 60hz

This pretty much makes the game a fluid 60fps game with no fps drops, making it the most playable version of the game with highest resolution possible

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Do you use Z3D normal ? That is fake 3D, it looks better and the performance is great, but the DirectVR 3D is the real VR Mode. In DirectVR 3D you can feel the world, the traffic and the NPC’s are “living”. Give it a chance !

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 242 total)
  • The topic ‘Almost Ten Years Ago…’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!