Almost Ten Years Ago…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Almost Ten Years Ago…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Lawrence: I’m thinking about adding a little hint to the installer that makes purists who don’t consider VR without full motion controls worth it aware of what to expect. Don’t want to waste anyone’s time.

That aside: motion controllers work fairly well as gamepad. They will be set to gamepad mode per default for the release, so no tinkering required to get any key mappings right.

Obviously not as good full native motion controller support, but leagues better than holding a gamepad in front of you when you play standing. Having your hands free just feels more natural and if you want, you even can fake object interaction or aiming with guns, playing ‘air guitar’ so to speak. That can add quite a bit to the immersion.

That works well with any FPS game where vorpX supports 6DOF Tracking btw. I played through large parts of Half-Life 2 that way for example some years ago. All you need is a bit of an inner child left in you, and you forget that you aren’t actually aiming in a blink of an eye.

smartin
    Participant

dont bother with the “hands-or-its-not-vr” people. they can never be satisfied with mods.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Too late, just added this before the actual install starts. Should clear things up without being too serious about it. :)

rift_un
    Participant

^ lol at the warning. I sense some sarcasm there (which it deserves!).

steph12
    Participant

haha !

kjracing81
    Participant

Sorry if this has already been asked but will we get an fov change when entering a vehicle? It was a killer for me in the standard cyberpunk vorpx profile.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Short and sweet: No.

Sephael
    Participant

Will CET mods still work same as they work with Voprx ?

markus3776
    Participant

Crazy. I bought cyberpunk about a week ago and now i’m reading this thread. This is going to be a very special Christmas this year. Thank you Ralf for your work all these years.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Sephael: Can’t guarantee that. If you encounter any issues, remove all mods you have installed and add them back in batches to find the offending one. Most should work, but some may not. Especially camera/graphics mods may – and often will – interfere. Pretty much like in any other moddable game.

luka2099
    Participant

@Ralf, sorry a question. In the description in the Paradise Decay video, it is written that the mod will be downloadable from the vorpx site and there will be no need to use vorpx. my question is: but will the mod be free for everyone? even those who have not bought Vorpx? I hope not! every time i talk about vorpx in a forum or in facebook groups, vr sommeliers arrive, saying that vorpx sucks (80% of these people still don’t understand how it works they don’t know they have to crush edge peek). They don’t deserve the free mod !!!

Jarilo
    Participant

Ralf, thank you for this piece of software that made my VR library of games bearable. By this point I have got more mileage out of VorpX titles than Native VR. Love the free Cyberpunk 2077 mod idea that’s coming, but wondering why can’t VorpX itself get an update for G3D for it as well.

@luka2099
    Well perhaps it will give people a free sample of what VorpX is like, curious people have been asking for some kind of sample for a long time. What do you mean by crush Edge peak? I probably just haven’t heard that terminology but how much success I have with VorpX do it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The next vorpX will have this included, just like now the GTA V and RDR 2 mods or all the DirectVR profiles where vorpX does similar things via the memory scanner are included.

The standalone version is meant as a 10 year anniversary special, but that won‘t change the general course of vorpX.

lizard
    Participant

Is it possible to run the game in 3024×3024 resolution even if the resolution is not supported by monitor?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The highest resolution vorpX does automatically is 3200×2400. In contrast to headset runtimes vorpX‘s custom frame interpolation can utilize some extra pixels on the sides, hence the 4:3. Results in less black sliding in from the sides when you turn your head at lower framerates.

Super easy too, you don‘t even have to add custom resolutions, just cranking up the ‚Resolution Quality‘ option in the vorpX menu does the trick, no matter wether your monitor supports the res or not. Be aware though that even with a high end GPU you will have to make some sacrifices in the graphics options at a res that high. Doesn‘t make much sense to run the game with 30fps.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 242 total)
  • The topic ‘Almost Ten Years Ago…’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!