Almost Ten Years Ago…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Almost Ten Years Ago…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    Hoshi82
    Participant

Wheeeeeen? ^^ Please a date. Refreshing the site gets tedious ;). Today, tomorrow, 24th, next week?

Ralf
    Keymaster

24th. Would have loved it to be a bit earlier than that, but there is still some work to do until it’s ready for release.

Hoshi82
    Participant

24th. Would have loved it to be a bit earlier than that, but there is still a bit of work to do until it’s ready for release.

Got it. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Here’s what is to expect (and what not):

Sephael
    Participant

OOOOOH !
    You got me so hyped !
    So, i assume that i can play with mouse & keyboard right ? i can walk forward while looking on the left or right side, then when i take out my weapon, i aim using the mouse ?

Also, unlike G3D games in vorpx, shadows stay coherent ?
    If yes, will it be possible one day to get G3D in vorpx to keep coherent shadows or is it something too specific ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, shadows are fine. G3D is not done on the Direct3D level in this case, but directly ‘inside’ the game engine. That doesn’t come with the usual difficulties in regard to shader glitches. It’s entirely game sepecific though. Walk (or drive) and look direction are fully separate things.

The whole thing is basically vorpX beefed up with an individual Cyberpunk mod portion that adds some functionality vorpX does not provide normally.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Wow, this sounds amazing. G3D is so much crisper than Z3D that running at a bit lower resolution will certainly be possible.

Out of curiosity, will the G3D portion of this also work in Cinema mode?

VRan
    Participant

This is amazing Ralf, you genius you! Much love, thank you for everything!

Lawrence1962
    Participant

We will have a free standalone mod with an installer, and additionally such an amazing profile like RDR2 and GTA5 in the vorpx config tool. I guess that in the profile we can modify everything we are able to modify in RDR2 and GTA5 !

Lawrence1962
    Participant

@Ralf

Some guys on youtube are missing a weapon and bodytracking ! Why was it not possible to add that to your Mod ? Personally i will play it with a xbox controller, and i don’t need this feature. Aren’t there enough vorpx user that are using motion controller ?

Hoshi82
    Participant

@Ralf

Some guys on youtube are missing a weapon and bodytracking ! Why was it not possible to add that to your Mod ? Personally i will play it with a xbox controller, and i don’t need this feature. Aren’t there enough vorpx user that are using motion controller ?

Motion controllers or body tracking can’t just be “put” in, you would need to remove all integrated animations but keep then ones used in cutscenes in (when your character is interacting with someone or the enviroment), adjusting/fixing the playermodel. This would need way more time and programming to make it work propperly.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

I told the guys on youtube, that’s too much effort in free mod. I already thought they expect too much. They hope LukeRoss will add Weapon and Bodytracking, but i don’t think so.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

alternate frame rending is, L->R->L->R with Delay rendering at 45FPS per eye without Motion Reprojection, right ? I guess steam VR costs 4 Tera-flops for itself, because a GTX 1060 is the minimum requirement and Z3D additionally 25% of the fps of the game. Vorpx standard G3D has 50% performance cost because the image has to render two times. How many performance cost has alternate frame rending in percent, because it renders not two times ?

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Hoshi82
    Participant

I told the guys on youtube, that’s too much effort in free mod. I already thought they expect too much. They hope LukeRoss will add Weapon and Bodytracking, but i don’t think so.

He won’t as he also makes his mods with keeping the gameplay untouched.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 242 total)
  • The topic ‘Almost Ten Years Ago…’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!