Resident Evil 2 Remake

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 2 Remake

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Profile is available in the cloud as ‘Resident Evil 2 [vorpX]’. Make sure to check the hints in the top left corner of the game window. The required .ini edit will be done by DirectVR with the next vorpX version, for now you have to do it manually.

The profile defaults to Immersive Screen Mode, supports both G3D and Z3D, also a scalable 3D HUD is available. Pretty much everything that makes sense for a third person game.

G3D looks flawless (checked in the police station), a fast machine is recommended.

Head tracking is off per default for now, didn’t have time yet to check whether that would introduce any issues with the gamepad. Probably it won’t, set the head tracking multiplier to 0.3 in the vorpX menu if you want to try.

rashkenes
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! I literally came here two minutes ago to see if there were any updates and you just happened to be responding! Loving VorpX so far

VRified Games
    Participant

Aaaaahhhhhhhhwwwwww yeah,

Nice.

Gonna tweak settings for the first person mod, full vr and stuff.

Ralf, you are a genius sir.

dborosev
    Participant

Imported profile,
    did the vendor extensions ini disable,
    Set to dx11,
    No luck – either won’t run or doesn’t hook. What am I missing?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you have set the game to DX11 already, there might be something on your PC preventing vorpX from hooking it. Please check the trouble shooting guide for more detailed information in this regard. It lists various potential candidates and a few less common issues that may also lead to hooking problems. You can find it either in the vorpX help or here.

d0kt0r
    Participant

@ Du1g0 : That hint was pure gold! I spent hours with this thing shortly after release without getting anywhere…

Don’t get overly excited yet, but if all goes well I *might* have a working profile later today.

Hahaha. It is always great that credits goes to someone else :-D

By the way Ralf, this line of configuration edit should be the same for another RE Engine title : Devil May Cry 5.
    As far as I know, you have to write the line inside the config file (it is not even there in the ini file). But after writing it, it should be fixed.

I will try it with the same RE 2 cloud profile and the change in the ini file.

Cheers,

dborosev
    Participant

@Ralf, Yes I tried all the usual suspects, even tried creating a VorpX shortcut.
    I’ll play around with it some more this weekend to see what else it could be. If I’m the odd man out, then it must be something in my environment causing it. But at least you have one non-working sample, in case anyone else reports the same. I’ll report back later if I figure it out. Thx.
    @doktor, I noticed he credited the wrong person too. ;)

d0kt0r
    Participant

About DmC5 :
    I’ve tried the new geometry RE2 Remake and the older RE7 profile. None of them works, the game throws a Fatal exit application in a D3D dll.
    About the fix line, you have to create it inside “dmc5config.ini”. If you dont have this ini file, you will have to run the game at least one time.
    Special careful with the DX12. You dont have the option inside the game to change Directx, and you have to do it here on the config file aditional to the mentioned “UseVendorExtention”.
    dmc5config.ini
    [Render]
    PCTargetAPIFallback=Enable
    Capability=DirectX12
    TargetPlatform=DirectX11
    UseVendorExtention=Disable
    UseOptimizeShader=Enable
    LastCrashReport=

VRified Games
    Participant

Credit absolutely goes to @ d0kt0r,

I merely posted my findings, based on d0kt0rs tip.

Here’s hoping DMC5 will work also,

Many thanks d0kt0r and Ralf for making this happen.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Mea culpa! then. d0kt0r you are the man!

Although you could have come up with that a few months earlier. Would have saved me countless hours of fruitless work. Just kidding :). Thanks again for the hint.

I’ll take a look at other games using the engine later.

d0kt0r
    Participant

@Ralf, Yes I tried all the usual suspects, even tried creating a VorpX shortcut.
    I’ll play around with it some more this weekend to see what else it could be. If I’m the odd man out, then it must be something in my environment causing it. But at least you have one non-working sample, in case anyone else reports the same. I’ll report back later if I figure it out. Thx.
    @doktor, I noticed he credited the wrong person too. 😉

Headtracking in inmersive is working fine here. There are a few tips to enable/disable headtracking based on gamepad (vorpx menu inside the game). You should try it. If you dont get it done, Ill check my config.

Tested the new RE2 geometry profile and it is GORGEOUS. Tweak the graphics menu based on your graphic card performance, but with a good light quality, the environment on the darkness is absolute jaw-breaking.

dborosev
    Participant

Still no luck getting it working. I did notice that there is a local profile called resident evil 2 (which I can’t delete), and when I import the cloud based resident evil 2 [vorpx] profile, it says imported, but nothing changes. The name is still without the [vorpx] in my local game profile list.
    Is this supposed to be this way, or is my profile not importing and over-writing the existing “resident evil 2” profile?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The author name isn’t displayed in the local profiles list, so that’s perfectly fine.

Might still make sense to try a factory reset (config app > trouble shooting). Make sure to backup settings you consider worth keeping, after a factory reset they are gone otherwise! To do that you can drag and drop profiles from the local list to a folder on your PC or your desktop and vice versa.

dborosev
    Participant

Also to mention, there was an error when I try to reset just the resident evil 2 profile. “There was an error restoring the profile. If the error persists, please re-install VorpX.” Maybe I’ll reset things once I exhaust all the other options.
    Is it normal to not be able to remove a profile that you added from the cloud? Because it looks like the re2 local profile was there permanently. Could this be the original re2 game profile, not the remake of the game?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try the factory reset and then re-import the profile from the cloud. If there is any issue with your profile database, that will definitely fix it. I’m out of ideas otherwise.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!