Resident Evil 2 Remake

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 2 Remake

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Jarilo
    Participant

Don’t mean to bump the thread if it’s old but I recently got the game. It runs and works with the first person mod, ( however the zoom-in FOV change during aiming is terrible). It looks good in Full VR first person and G3D , but it’s incredibly hard to barter for performance, in-fact you can’t. The game supposedly is well optimized, running it on flat screen I can get over 60 fps at 4k on max settings on the 1080 ti! so what gives in VorpX? I set everything to off, res is 1920×1080, under-sampled to .70 in-game settings, it looks like a mess and still it dips to frames as low as 40 to 50. I know G3D is expensive, but with how well it runs on the flat monitor one would think I could barter with the settings to attain 90 or 80 fps.

andirferner
    Participant

Hi, i’ve installed vorpx and it works
    but i can’t use the framework to activate first person mod
    it said that a dll conflict with vorpx, basically i can’t open the menu of the framework while vorpx is running. I saw a lot of people using the first person mod, so it should work. But somehow i cannot do it.

CrazyDolphin
    Participant

@andiferner,

I’ve been having the same issues as you.
    If I install the RE2 Framework files and the dinput8.dll for RE2 (both gotten off the github page), I can get the 1st person mod to work AS LONG AS voprX and SteamVR are OFF.
    As soon as voprX/Steam VR are active, the 1st person mod can no longer be enabled for myself.

vorpX works well without the 1st person mod, but the 1st person mod with voprX is really the only reason I want to play it.

matteo39
    Participant

up for resident evil 2 with first person mod

is now possible?

luka2099
    Participant

up for resident evil 2 with first person mod

is now possible?

sure, it always worked. but now le.mods are out for re 2 re 3 re 7 and re8 in which the motion controllers work as well. Without Vorpx

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

It’s true, and the stand alone mods for RE2r RE3r re7 and re8 (made by praydog), are quite impressive (though re7/8 are still in the experimental stage). They are also Open Source, so maybe some of the code could be used in vorpx as well? I don’t know that works exactly.. just my two cents

bjr84
    Participant

Trying to play in October 2022 and having hooking issues. Tried alt. hooking, running in different directX versions, and nothing. Any suggestions?
    Ben

bjr84
    Participant

Can anyone help with this?
    Ben

Sephael
    Participant

Capcom updated their Resident Evil 2,3 and 7 games to their Resident Evil 8 engine, so maybe it’s causing problems to hook.
    Have you tried other profiles ?
    Personnaly, i play RE2 with Praydog VR mod.

lokiss88
    Participant

Worth pointing out, you can swap back to the older releases of Resident Evil, if your having trouble with the update.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s probably the issue here. The recent update has removed DX11 support, which is required for vorpX. Luckily there is an easy way to deal with that:

1. Right click the game’s entry in Steam’s game list
    2. Click ‘Properties’
    3. Go to the ‘Betas’ page
    4. Select the ‘dx11 – non-rt’ beta (which is actually not a beta, but the original game version)

bjr84
    Participant

Thank you, Ralph!
    best,

ben

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

VorpX is an amazing piece of software. I use it all time time. I recommend it all the time.
    I used it for RE2 remake the first time.
    But specifically for RE2r, RE3r, RE7, and RE8. There is a free mod by Praydog and it is full VR with motion controls and 1st/3rd person options. For this one particular situation, Pd’s mod is the definitive experience. though for re8 there was a recent update that doesn’t work with the mod, but it is being fixed

ToxicMike
    Participant

Trying to play in October 2022 and having hooking issues. Tried alt. hooking, running in different directX versions, and nothing. Any suggestions?
    Ben

Capcom updated their Resident Evil 2,3 and 7 games to their Resident Evil 8 engine, so maybe it’s causing problems to hook.
    Have you tried other profiles ?
    Personnaly, i play RE2 with Praydog VR mod.

Not sure if i am missing something here, but you can easily make vorpX hook into the game with using the HORIZON-profile, which i am using for most DX12 games these days.

Of coures you can´t use 3D-effects (z-normal is working here to some point) and full-vr mode is also out of any questions, but when it comes to hooking, that´s not a problem.

By the way, those RE2(remake)-profiles indeed don´t work with the updated version, so you must use, as i said, the horizon-profile.

FrankHorigan
    Participant

Amazing Resident Evil 2 on 3D projector..
    A must for every fan 3D SBS..
    Perfect, thx Ralf….

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!