Resident Evil 2 Remake

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 2 Remake

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Since it got already buried, here’s the post regarding the profile again:

Profile is available in the cloud as ‘Resident Evil 2 [vorpX]’. Make sure to check the hints in the top left corner of the game window. The required .ini edit will be done by DirectVR with the next vorpX version, for now you have to do it manually.

The profile defaults to Immersive Screen Mode, supports both G3D and Z3D, also a scalable 3D HUD is available. Pretty much everything that makes sense for a third person game.

G3D looks flawless (checked in the police station), a fast machine is recommended.

Head tracking is off per default for now, didn’t have time yet to check whether that would introduce any issues with the gamepad. Probably it won’t, set the head tracking multiplier to 0.3 in the vorpX menu if you want to try.

Nikolai
    Participant

Firstly, BIG ups to Ralf and d0kt0r for bringing us this profile. Sounds like a lot of hours went into it. Both G3D and Z3D look really amazing.

d0kt0r, not sure if this helps in any way for DMC5 but I also got a similar fatal exit application when running this profile with RE2 stock settings. I was able to fix it by launching the game vanilla and turning graphic settings down then relaunching with vorpx.

dborosev, are you by chance running any mods in your game folder? When I first launched the new RE2 profile it worked perfectly. I wanted to try it in first person so I installed the mod which worked on its own and in the past with vorpx using the RE7 profile. Now it seems to be causing hooking issues with this profile. I was having the same error messages as you when trying to restore the profile but a factory reset worked. I got the profile working again by just replacing the game folder with a backup I had. Hopefully a game reinstall fixes the issue for you.

If anyone else got this profile to run in first person give a shout! But looks great as is.

VRified Games
    Participant

Works great with First Person Mod

Some tweaks required

Set to ful vr

Geometry

3d strength to .30
    Fov to .60

Hud I have (I forget the names but in order from top to bottom is)

And if required (only slight lighting issues in select places)

Unlock positional tracking,

Strength 1.25

d0kt0r
    Participant

Firstly, BIG ups to Ralf and d0kt0r for bringing us this profile. Sounds like a lot of hours went into it. Both G3D and Z3D look really amazing.

d0kt0r, not sure if this helps in any way for DMC5 but I also got a similar fatal exit application when running this profile with RE2 stock settings. I was able to fix it by launching the game vanilla and turning graphic settings down then relaunching with vorpx.

dborosev, are you by chance running any mods in your game folder? When I first launched the new RE2 profile it worked perfectly. I wanted to try it in first person so I installed the mod which worked on its own and in the past with vorpx using the RE7 profile. Now it seems to be causing hooking issues with this profile. I was having the same error messages as you when trying to restore the profile but a factory reset worked. I got the profile working again by just replacing the game folder with a backup I had. Hopefully a game reinstall fixes the issue for you.

If anyone else got this profile to run in first person give a shout! But looks great as is.

Hi Nikolai!
    Yep! That was exactly the issue on DmC5. I will create another post related to DmC5 with all the info so far.
    Thanks!

Jarilo
    Participant

Since it got already buried, here’s the post regarding the profile again:

Profile is available in the cloud as ‘Resident Evil 2 [vorpX]’. Make sure to check the hints in the top left corner of the game window. The required .ini edit will be done by DirectVR with the next vorpX version, for now you have to do it manually.

The profile defaults to Immersive Screen Mode, supports both G3D and Z3D, also a scalable 3D HUD is available. Pretty much everything that makes sense for a third person game.

G3D looks flawless (checked in the police station), a fast machine is recommended.

Head tracking is off per default for now, didn’t have time yet to check whether that would introduce any issues with the gamepad. Probably it won’t, set the head tracking multiplier to 0.3 in the vorpX menu if you want to try.

Oh man, awesome news.

EmceePanic
    Participant

i finaly got resident evil 2 to play using the vorpx profile.but while playing in vorpx only i cant save the game.but when i turn off vorpx i can save the game.would anyone know what the problem is,also takes several attempts to hook everytime i try to launch it.but it does eventualy work just will not save.

angelayla
    Participant

Hi there! I have the same problem as the partner Du1go, the game does not get hooked and returns to the desktop screen. I have restarted the profile, I have DirectX11, I have also tried to finish other applications and processes, but nothing. Any solution?

angelayla
    Participant

Sorry, I’ve the same problem that Dborosev, not Du1go. The game work perfectly without Vorpx, but when I try the new profile or the clouds profiles doesn’t hook and return to the desktop screen 😕

EmceePanic
    Participant

this is what i did to get the game to work.
    i had so many problems trying to get it to work.
    just closed out every time i launched it.
    so heres what i did.
    i had to open oculus trey tool as administrator
    then steam as administrator
    then steam vr as administrator
    then vorp x as administrator
    then resident evil 2 as administrator
    also it still takes 2 or 3 times to hook but it does hook.
    im half way through the game now.
    also i had to instal my game in
    localdisk(C)program files(X86)
    then i had problems with saves so i had to run the game as normal until i could save .then i had to copy that save over to the steam game save folder
    LocalDisk(C)programfiles(x86)steamuserdata(your steam id)thats were you put the win64_save. but this is only if your game is not saving .
    hope this helps

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ angelayla : If you happen to use any mods for the game, please remove them. According to an earlier post that helped someone else with an issue similar to yours.

angelayla
    Participant

EmceePanic and Ralf, thank you very much! I’m going to follow your advice!!

Nikolai
    Participant

If anyone is still having issues getting the profile to hook try running it with alternative hooking. Worked for me when I was having hooking issues while using mods.

dborosev
    Participant

What is alternative hooking?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Alternative hooking can be enabled in the config app (‘General’ page).

IMPORTANT: Only try this in case of hooking issues with specific games. It is not better than the normal hooking method, just different. If in doubt always try both methods.

dborosev
    Participant

Ah, good to know thanks. Never noticed that before or heard of it before in all this time I’ve been using VorpX. I’ll give it a try.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!