RESIDENT EVIL 7

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion RESIDENT EVIL 7

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Oody
    Participant

Andrew: Click right on your Vorpx logo and use “pause watcher” before launching the game. Then do the same quickly again when the game is launching before the window pop up

Andrewcd
    Participant

but the window pops up too fast to unpause the watcher

AerowynX
    Participant

got it working.. curious what in-game graphics settings you guys are using to maintain stable FPS

Ursus
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same problem: Resi7 starts on the monitor, but not on the vive. I tried to disable the virus scanner and all other tools, I tried the trick with the watcher, but it just won’t start on the vive.
    Does anyone has an idea or any suggestion?

Regards
    Ursus

Oody
    Participant

sorry my solution doesn’t work. Try to unpause when steam is telling you “Resident Evil 7 is launching”

dborosev
    Participant

For anyone who experiences the warped vision on head movement issue, and things not looking like they’re moving right, I highly suggest trying cinema mode no environment, with a distance offset of -70.
    It keeps the VR feel without all the headache.

VoodooDE
    Participant

I just played it on my PC and it is AWESOME!
    Everything works finde, runs smooth (GTX 1080 Ti) and controls with my Steam Controller are good, here my gameplay video of the first minutes of RE7 [english subtitles, commented in german]:

Oody
    Participant

Thinking also to switch to a 1080ti. Perf are good with a GTX 970 and I don’t feel dizzy but the resolution is just too shitty

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ dean : if you experience warping while rotating your head, make a factory reset, follow the hints during the game startup and DO NOT touch any vorpX settings afterwards. The profile is tuned to work perfectly with default settings.

@ VoodooDE : awesome video. Thanks for posting it here.

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I’ll give it a try.
    The things like about Cinema mode however, are that you can run it at higher resolution (You dont need to maintain the super high framerate for head movement), and that for shooting, you get to use the mouse aiming, not head aiming. Much more accurate and feels better. (for me anyways)
    And it really feels much the same, immersive-wise.

AerowynX
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I’ll give it a try.
    The things like about Cinema mode however, are that you can run it at higher resolution (You dont need to maintain the super high framerate for head movement), and that for shooting, you get to use the mouse aiming, not head aiming. Much more accurate and feels better. (for me anyways)
    And it really feels much the same, immersive-wise.

i don’t find cinema mode even close to as immersive.. main thing is quick turning your head you see the side of the screen in cinema no matter how much you zoom it in.. i like to play standing with 360 controller and non cinema mode is way more immersive then trying in cinema mode for me

dborosev
    Participant

@aerowyn,
    The thing is, in cinema mode, you don’t need to turn your head. You use the mouse. So you don’t see the edge of the screen.

AerowynX
    Participant

@aerowyn,
    The thing is, in cinema mode, you don’t need to turn your head. You use the mouse. So you don’t see the edge of the screen.

full headtracking is one of the #1 keys to being completely immersed though

StreetPreacher
    Participant

I’m having no problems hooking, however with the Rift I seem to be getting a letterboxed image with the resolution set to 1280×960? The image fills my fov horizontally, but vertically I can see black bands above and below the image in-game using the rift.

Anyone else seeing the same thing, or is this just me? :)

And yes, with a gtx970 the image looks pretty jaggy at 1280×960 with 1.3x scaling (in game option).

to the Vive guy, how high can you push the scaling with a 1080ti?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s how it works. if you want, you can try to raise the “G3D FOV Enhacement” further and then the Image Zoom accordingly, but I would *very* *strongly* suggest not to do that. The profile’s default settings are very much the sweet spot between glitches caused by the FOV enhancement and black bars.

As soon as you get into the house you will have a very hard time noticing that unless you look for it since your flashlight doesn’t illuminate the whole FOV anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!