RESIDENT EVIL 7

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion RESIDENT EVIL 7

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there any chance to get positional tracking with this game ?

There is head tracking and geometry support.

Sheeplovsky
    Participant

I don’t know you, so please forgive me if I misinterpret your message and if I tell you common knowledge here:

VR with 3D geometry and headtracking is great. But since the release of Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Playstation VR it can do better.

Positional tracking “knows” where you are currently positioned in the room. It’s the thing that distinguishs computer generated 3D graphics from filmed 3D graphics. You can easy see the difference if you try to get close to whatever you see just by moving your head. Graphics with 3D geometry and 360 headtracking only, will always stay at the same distance when you move your head, while “real” VR with positional tracking will let you approach and even go around it … That’s a huge advantage over VR as it was 20 years ago. It is the thing that makes your brain belief, your there more than anything of this kind before.

90% of all VR content today has positional tracking. Also Resident Evil 7 on Playstation VR. So this is currently still standing between VorpX and the original release of Capcom on PS4.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice question then, but do you know any game where it properly works with vorpx at all? I’m using pimax hmd so i never realized there is no “positional tracking” because my headset simply doesnt have it (so i never expected to feel it, although i understand very well what you mean, had oculus and vive once).

Sheeplovsky
    Participant

I have not tried many games with vorpx yet, because my current CPU is too slow to handle the extra power. But I found a video on youtube showing Dead Space 3 on vorpX, running pretty well with everything: 3D geometry, head- and positional tracking.

Check out this thread. There should others running well with positional tracking: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/is-there-one-game/

ckcollab
    Participant

I posted this in another thread but it may be useful:

I believe I had success (not quite sure since some other things are acting wonking) changing the fov in Resident Evil 7 via the re7_config.ini file in the root folder of the application.

Fov=40 changed to Fov=120 is nice. But, like I said, there’s all this weirdness/blurring/zooming… so close!

dborosev
    Participant

Running it in cinema mode, love it. And no fov issues.

AerowynX
    Participant

Running it in cinema mode, love it. And no fov issues.

real VR mode is soooo much better with RE7 though

dborosev
    Participant

Tried both on many occasions. I have to say, I still like cinema better. Better, clearer resolution, smoother, fov adjustability, less dizzyness. And still really amazing immersion if you do it right.

ckcollab
    Participant

How do you do it right? What settings do you use? I’ll google “cinema mode” though!

dborosev
    Participant

I use G3D of course most of the time. I zoom the window up close to -80 or -90.
    I make sure the FOV is set quite wide. I set the 3d strength to 1.30.
    And screen res of the game to 1600×1200.
    I think thats about it. Even Z3D games look decent in this mode. Seems to give about 50% more clarity and resolution this way, and its the closest thing to actual VR while not being “actual” VR you can get. Highly immersive, and you can use the mouse/kb and all the menus, HUDs, etc on every game.
    Some people don’t like not having the head movement, but it doesn’t bother me at all, having using kb/mouse/controllers my whole 2 decades of gaming.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, try my settings

Game fov – 8 (110)
    Game res – 1920×1440

G3D
    fov – 80
    strength – 1.30
    other settings = 0

looks realy cool & text are readble

peteostro
    Participant

I don’t know you, so please forgive me if I misinterpret your message and if I tell you common knowledge here:

VR with 3D geometry and headtracking is great. But since the release of Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Playstation VR it can do better.

Positional tracking “knows” where you are currently positioned in the room. It’s the thing that distinguishs computer generated 3D graphics from filmed 3D graphics. You can easy see the difference if you try to get close to whatever you see just by moving your head. Graphics with 3D geometry and 360 headtracking only, will always stay at the same distance when you move your head, while “real” VR with positional tracking will let you approach and even go around it … That’s a huge advantage over VR as it was 20 years ago. It is the thing that makes your brain belief, your there more than anything of this kind before.

90% of all VR content today has positional tracking. Also Resident Evil 7 on Playstation VR. So this is currently still standing between VorpX and the original release of Capcom on PS4.

If the game supports G3D (like RE7 does) it supports positional tracking

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!