Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

For FullVR mode the right FOV is actually more important than stereo 3D. With the FOV being right and no 3D you get what you get when you close one eye in reality: mono, but still works in principle. FOV being wrong however doesn’t work at all, with or without 3D, since you get a warped/zoomed image that is just nauseating.

In immersive/cinema mode the FOV doesn’t have to match exactly, which makes it more forgiving in that respect, but as you suggested, the closer it matches your actual FOV, the better in immersive/cinema mode too.

When it comes to setting up a game where vorpX doesn’t handle FOV/3D automatically, always keep these priorities in mind: FOV first, 3D second. No way at all to get things right in FullVR mode without the right FOV, and also in cinema/immersive mode a matching FOV does wonders.

dborosev
    Participant

Fully agree that for FullVR, the magic “reality” formula should be adhered to as much as possible, to prevent throwing one thing or another out of whack, causing an imbalance.
    However, I end up playing a lot of my games in immersive or cinema as you know. Why? Could be bc I have a lower end card, could be because I want to prioritize graphics and sacrifice framerate, could be because its 3rd person, could be just personal preference of wanting a larger fov for a game, etc etc.
    And I think in these cases, most of the rules could be thrown out the window. Want a massive fov? Go for it. Want that dollhouse effect? Do it. I would say the more options the better, but lock them to the cinema modes perhaps to prevent people shooting themselves in the foot for FullVR.
    Just my 2 cents. I think VorpX is great as-is, but there are times where I wish I could have a bit more of that 3D pop for certain situations.
    I can feel Ralf rolling his eyes hard right now. hahaha. ;)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t really say anything else than what I said above alraedy: in G3D profiles the base settings are dialed in to provide up to five times the realistic 3D-Strength for those who want a dollhouse effect. Base parameters are typically dialed in so that the default 1.0 provides realistic 3D, by raising the strength you can get five times more if you want, corresponding to the inter-eye-distance of a respectable hammerhead shark.

No native VR-game lets you do something even remotely like that. vorpX does, although this is not really what it is supposed or meant to do. On an admittedly slightly annoyed sounding sidenote [insert rolling eyes here]: sometimes I wonder if all other VR devs also are forced to have this discussioun on a regular basis considering that in contrast to vorpX they don’t offer such an option at all. Or maybe they aren’t BECAUSE there isn’t such an option in their games in the first place. I’m almost tempted to try. ;)

For Z3D that much 3D is too glitchy, hence for Z3D profiles the max. limit has to be lower unfortunately.

Seriously guys: If you want a developer (anyone actually) to answer your questions in an open and direct way, you have to accept the possiblitly that sometimes the answer may not be the one you hoped for. The alternatives are no replies at all or meaningless feelgood replies (‘Thanks! Great feedback, we have have forwarded your suggestion to the team’) as you would typically get in forums of bigger devs/publishers. They know why they do it that way, but that is not what I want for you here.

Deadaus
    Participant

Ok guys. How do you exit the game when the exit game key is the delete key. Every time I click the delete key it brings up the Vorpx menu?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Four options:

1. Exit the game from the main menu
    2. Rebind the exit key in the game options
    3. Rebind the vorpX menu key in the vorpX config app
    4. Exit the game via ALT+F4

Additional workarounds: ALT+TAB out of the game and close it via its taskbar icon or the task manager.

Deadaus
    Participant

Four options:

1. Exit the game from the main menu
    2. Rebind the exit key in the game options
    3. Rebind the vorpX menu key in the vorpX config app
    4. Exit the game via ALT+F4

Additional workarounds: ALT+TAB out of the game and close it via its taskbar icon or the task manager.

Thanks.

newend
    Participant

Has anyone had an issue with the mouse cursor showing up in game (windows mouse cursor)? Alt+ c doesnt work and its the only game ive tried that does this. Also tried windowless/windowed mode and that doesnt work either. Any suggestions?

Jarilo
    Participant

Anyone play this lately with the FOV mod? It’s fine on desktop but a crash fest when hooked with VorpX. I set FOV to 127 using the Lazy FOV Mod Hardversion. I tried windowed and fullscreen.

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

I’m reading RE Village requires dx11 so is there not a command line to force it like some other dx12 games?

markbradley1982
    Participant

I can’t really say anything else than what I said above alraedy: in G3D profiles the base settings are dialed in to provide up to five times the realistic 3D-Strength for those who want a dollhouse effect. Base parameters are typically dialed in so that the default 1.0 provides realistic 3D, by raising the strength you can get five times more if you want, corresponding to the inter-eye-distance of a respectable hammerhead shark.

No native VR-game lets you do something even remotely like that. vorpX does, although this is not really what it is supposed or meant to do. On an admittedly slightly annoyed sounding sidenote [insert rolling eyes here]: sometimes I wonder if all other VR devs also are forced to have this discussioun on a regular basis considering that in contrast to vorpX they don’t offer such an option at all. Or maybe they aren’t BECAUSE there isn’t such an option in their games in the first place. I’m almost tempted to try. ;)

For Z3D that much 3D is too glitchy, hence for Z3D profiles the max. limit has to be lower unfortunately.

Seriously guys: If you want a developer (anyone actually) to answer your questions in an open and direct way, you have to accept the possiblitly that sometimes the answer may not be the one you hoped for. The alternatives are no replies at all or meaningless feelgood replies (‘Thanks! Great feedback, we have have forwarded your suggestion to the team’) as you would typically get in forums of bigger devs/publishers. They know why they do it that way, but that is not what I want for you here.

I love it that Ralf is keeping it real. I also loved his detailed explanation on why FOV is more important than 3D. VorpX gives endless enjoyment.

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

from what I’ve read, some guy named PrayDog is working on a VR mod for RE2r RE3r RE7 and RE8: Village, so maybe he’s found some trick for G3D to work in this one.. why i’m waiting to play this

luka2099
    Participant

<font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Qualcuno ci gioca ultimamente con la mod FOV? </font><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Va bene sul desktop ma un crash fest quando è collegato a VorpX. </font><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Ho impostato il FOV su 127 utilizzando la versione hard del Lazy FOV Mod. </font><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Ho provato in finestra e a schermo intero.</font></font>

I play it with this mod . Never crash!

Jarilo
    Participant

It’s far more stable now when I use the alternative hooking method. Either way, good times. I wonder why this game’s Z-normal 3d strength is so much more pronounced than other games, what does that depend on?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Different base paramaters during authoring. I’ll revisit some more Z3D profiles from time to time over the next weeks/months and make similar changes to them either.

In RE8 and other newer Z3D profiles everything more than about 1.5 meters or so away looks practically the same as with G3D in respect to realistic 3D. Even ‘more 3D’ really doesn’t make sense anymore though due to excessive glitches.

Jarilo
    Participant

Different base paramaters during authoring. I’ll revisit some more Z3D profiles from time to time over the next weeks/months and make similar changes to them either.

In RE8 and other newer Z3D profiles everything more than about 1.5 meters or so away looks practically the same as with G3D in respect to realistic 3D. Even ‘more 3D’ really doesn’t make sense anymore though due to excessive glitches.

I have to say, at 1.33 3d strength, RE8 between 5- 30 feet infront of my eyes is pretty incredible and rivals G3D. It just gets messy up close. I’m having a good time with it. The higher frame rate is nice though.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!