Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    VRan
    Participant

It is probably the LOD that is off in game and when you set it to max it doesnt rush into replacing meshes according to distance. It could be a bug? It wont calculate your distance properly and just change the mesh in front of you to a lower LOD. Interesting.

luka2099
    Participant

hi everyone, i keep having problems with this game. latency suddenly increases and fps drop. with any graphics setting, whether there is ray tracing or not, whether it is in 2k or fullhd. That’s fine as long as I don’t switch to the desktop or go into the game options. it starts giving me problems. I don’t know what Ralf did to fix the initial problem he made the hotfix with, but I still believe that’s where the problem is. I have tried 150 games with vorpx and this is the only game that gives me this kind of problem. both using openxr and with steam and virtual desktop.

bravekat
    Participant

I have similar issues whenever I make resolution changes to the game, change from full screen to windowed, make vorpx changes like changing room anti aliasing thru vorpx menu or anything that triggers the waiting steam overlay, I get huge fps drop until I restart the game. Also the z3d does not work after making any of these above changes until I restart the game. Once all these settings are dialed in though, the fps and z3d work perfectly. Actually this game is truly great in z3d! Thanks Ralf! I play in cinema mode, have i7-9700k, rtx2070, valve index hmd and controllers, xbox controller. Forgot to mention cyberpunk 2077 had this similar fps drop issue at launch but was fixed.

luka2099
    Participant

Ralf sorry if I ask you, but technically, how did you solve the problem on the game on day one, the one where it started at 4 fps?

mrshantiman
    Participant

@TheBalt: Thanks a lot for your post. Can confirm that setting Mesh to max is stopping the weird texture pop in. Now my new game+ will be even better.

TheBalt
    Participant

@TheBalt: Thanks a lot for your post. Can confirm that setting Mesh to max is stopping the weird texture pop in. Now my new game+ will be even better.

No problem brother, hope it makes that second playthru a bit more fun for ya!

take care

frenchiebong
    Participant

I suggest don’t go into the game menu when you start the game. If you do need to change the settings in the in game menu, change it once and then restart the game from Windows. I’m having the same issue as others where the fps will drop and only fixes after I exit and restart the game.

Jarilo
    Participant

No G3D yet ?

dborosev
    Participant

@jarilo
    Your 1080ti (same card i have) will start on fire within 10 seconds of trying to run G3D with this game, if it existed. Also, you will only get 4fps for those 10 seconds.
    Crank the 3d to 3.0 in settings to get as good approximation as you can get to G3D.
    Suggestion to ralf: would be nice to allow more settings – separation etc, for the 3D in a new vorpx version, to allow more “pop” and deeper 3d look for games in Z3D.

Dave
    Participant

yes, stronger 3D convergence settings are urgently needed. If i set the convergence and 3D strength very high in reshade’s SD3D, it will look deeper and has more “pop” than many of the official G3D profiles with G3D standard setting at 1.00. And set G3D to 2.00 or 3.00 is often very buggy. We need something like a new second version of Z3D ! But i know that vorpx beginners will have motion sickness with to much 3D, so it should be in the expert settings.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Max Z3D in RE8 is already twice as strong as in most other Z3D profiles to please guys like you, it’s also enough to create a realistically strong 3D effect except for objects very close to the camera (<50cm or so), which isn't really what you look at 99% of the time while actually playing a game.

Z3D in general is not suitable for unrealistically exaggerated dollhouse 3D due to its inherent artifacts. No Z3D algorithm is. I understand that apparently you don't care about half the image being completely broken for the sake of "more 3D", but that's not what vorpX is about.

vorpX is about VR and stereo 3D is only a part of VR. 3D in VR means realistically strong 3D. No native VR app does anything else. If you think RE8 with vorpX doesn't have "enough 3D", you could just as well complain about the same thing for every native VR game out there.

Dave
    Participant

Even the 3D of many “nativ” VR Games is not good enough to get the maximum immersion. For example in Asgard’s Wrath and Fallout 4 VR. It depends subjective how many hours i play in vorpx every week. I play often 4 Days a week for 4-5 hours per day, and that weakens the 3D more and more, and you don’t take that into account. I’m no hostile of vorpx, on the contrary i’m one of the biggest fans and i use it many hours every week. But I’m very impatient in the progress of vorpx and also stereoscopic gaming in general. But I’m a nice guy, and that is why I’m looking like a please guy. I exercise my constructive criticism with gentle pressure, but in a nice way. You don’t respond well to criticism either,not even if she is meant nicely. I’m not your hostile, i love your vorpx. But i want the progress of vorpx faster, because I’m impatient ! You like your Z3D like it is, thats your opinion and that’s perfectly fine. We don’t have to argue about that ! To mention that in RE8 or CP77 thread was a mistake, i also had other older game profiles in mind.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This isn’t really about evolving or opinions, it’s a conflict of goals between what VR is and the exaggerated Stereo 3D that S3D enthusiasts like you prefer.

The strength of the 3D-effect in reality (as well as virtual reality) is defined by the distance between your eyes. “More 3D” than that is simply wrong in terms of replicating reality. If you consider the 3D effect in native VR games not immersive enough, you must also consider reality not immersive enough… Now one could argue who cares, it’s all virtual, but as far as Z3D is concerned, it can only do so much before things start to fall apart due to its inherent artifacts.

To cater for the needs of S3D enthusiasts in G3D mode vorpX typically allows a 3D-effect that corresponds to having your eyes 30cm apart, i.e. about five times stronger than what is realistic, but with Z3D something like that is just too glitchy unfortunately. I will however revisit a bunch of older profiles and adjust their base parameters to match how the RE8 and CP2077 profiles work.

Jarilo
    Participant

@jarilo
    Your 1080ti (same card i have) will start on fire within 10 seconds of trying to run G3D with this game, if it existed. Also, you will only get 4fps for those 10 seconds.
    Crank the 3d to 3.0 in settings to get as good approximation as you can get to G3D.
    Suggestion to ralf: would be nice to allow more settings – separation etc, for the 3D in a new vorpx version, to allow more “pop” and deeper 3d look for games in Z3D.

If I can do Deus Ex Mankind Divided with high settings and 1440p in G3D at playable settings I’d be good in RE8 G3D. You guys can talk amongst yourself all you want but Z3D and Z normal, all that just looks like cardboard cut outs to me.

dborosev
    Participant

I’ll tell you what really makes the 3D pop on any Z3D game – and thats a wide FOV. Its almost comical how strong the 3D effect you can get by having a higher FOV compared to a small one. Its almost better than G3D and looks great in RE8.
    (For anyone out there who likes popping 3D!)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!