Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    VRan
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I just purchased Vorpx for Resident evil 8. However, it keeps failing to attach and it’s stuck on the loading screen for Oculus and stuck in the home screen on SteamVr. I am using a Rift S and rtx 2060. Bought resident evil 8 on steam.

I need help!

You might want to change the Device Selection to SteamVR (Index, Vive, Primax) if it is not injecting.
    If you read the conversation that is in this post, my friend, you’d see that as it is now, RE8 is not good friends with vorpX…

The Demo was in an OK terms…
    So we all have to sit tight and hope for some sort of a solution, BeardoBenjo and the-VR-realm get low 7-8 FPS in game. As BeardoBenjo said in his comment – A SlideShow…

dborosev
    Participant

I don’t have the game yet, but I would suggest to people to try disabling different things in the options and see how it runs. AA, change resolutions, post processing, etc.
    Also, try it in cinema mode at 1080p to see.
    I remember Cyberpunk had a similar issue where a setting in the options totally botched the game, until it was fixed.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ all: Just purchased the game and will look into it early next week. I’ll get an official profile ready as soon as possible.

VRan
    Participant

@ all: Just purchased the game and will look into it early next week. I’ll get an official profile ready as soon as possible.

Yesss! Ralf to the rescue!!! Thank you!

the-vr-realm
    Participant

I don’t have the game yet, but I would suggest to people to try disabling different things in the options and see how it runs. AA, change resolutions, post processing, etc.
    Also, try it in cinema mode at 1080p to see.
    I remember Cyberpunk had a similar issue where a setting in the options totally botched the game, until it was fixed.

I have been through and turned everything to low and off (if off was an option), running on my 2080ti, i9, and 32DDR4 still getting 7fps

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just briefly read through the thread: considering that the demo ran well and the game apparently doesn’t there is a certain chance that the performance issues you are experiencing *may* be caused by some copy protection that dislikes something hooking into the game.

Just a guess for now since I haven’t checked myself yet, just wanted to mention it. I’ll try as soon as I can and let you know how it goes.

thenevik
    Participant

Ralph is the man. Hopefully we get to the bottom of this soon. This would be such a great game for VorpX. Keep plugging away guys! I’m sure we’ll be VRing in village before long

frenchiebong
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

The program didn’t work for me. I tried everything including every game I have in my computer..

Best of luck to others that can run this program. Wish everybody having a blast with VorpX.

TheBalt
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

The program didn’t work for me. I tried everything including every game I have in my computer..

Best of luck to others that can run this program. Wish everybody having a blast with VorpX.

I dont work for Vorpx but I can try to help see if you got stuff set up correctly to get games to attach. If you want to leave your steam name or discord name here I can shoot you a message later and we can try to see if theres just some configuration issue. ive been using vorpx for like 5 years now, so if its something simple we could probably figure it out. just let me know if you want to try to get it running later, ill add you on discord or steam

VRan
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

You should watch Youtubers like: Paradise Decay, Beardo Benjo or myself.
    We post videos showing and explaining how and what to do for the best way we find using vorpX. Dont give up!

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Yeah tried the game with Cyberpunk profile and getting 7FPS

RE2Fan
    Participant

Please add Geometry 3D, Z 3D is not good at all

thenevik
    Participant

Gotta love how difficult these game devs make it for us to try and make their games even better. Pretty sad that it seems like they’ve not only trashed the thought of making any future RE games in VR but also made it so we can’t enjoy it our way

thenevik
    Participant

Thoughts on any potential workarounds for what might be causing the program to drag like this after hooking?

jjensson
    Participant

Just a heads-up to all fellas that loved RE7, and expect RE8 to be as good: It’s not, unfortunately. If you like serious horror and a cohesive experience, you will be disappointed by RE8. If you just want to have some mindless horror-ride, you will not be let down. It’s certainly not a game i will invest time (and money) in, that much i know. []-)

Source: SkillUp’s review.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!