Skyrim Special Edition

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Skyrim Special Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    surrealeus
    Participant

Hey BluePhoenix, thank you so much. That completely fixed my crashes. The game is running better now on the special edition that it ever did on the old version.

Ashieli
    Participant

Yeah the best thing with today’s bethesda games is the heavy moddability, the modder community will make all kinds of mods, and everyone can get their favourite flavours on the game sooner or later. and with the 64bit engine sse will be the victor over time, because of the new engine.

ps. today is the magic day, cant wait :P

14manj01
    Participant

Anyone have a working setup. Mine everything in the distance is quite blurry. Only detail i can make out is when people are directly in front.

Ashieli
    Participant

14manj01, wait for later today, Ralf will post a preliminary profile for SSE today. (or hopefully info if it isnt ready today)

that will propably be better than any of the custom setups ppl now have.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a little heads up that I probably won’t get the profile done today. I’ll try, but weekend duties (a.k.a. family) may interfere. If not today, the preliminary profile will definitely be available tomorrow.

alegse
    Participant

Tried Skyrim SE in VorpX with Fallout 4 profile and Z-3D

I must say I like it more than expected. It is nice to see all the distance detail so clearly with no flicker/ z-fighting.
    I still hate the colors, but many reshade mods are going up by the hour including ones for a more stark-bleak original skyrim look.
    Some re-shades say there may be performance hit, so hopefully there is no problem. Anyone know if these will work with VorpX? Anyone try one yet?

Also on monitor I can cut down the overly vibrant colors with nvidia digital vibrance slider bar, but it does not affect VORPX.
    Is there any way VorpX could have some kind of color control?

I found that Skyrim SE ran identically to old Skyrim in terms of same FPS and same smoothness in VorpX. I could see no noticeable difference. However this is just un-optimized test in Fallout profile so I can’t conclude on how it will be eventually.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The next vorpX version will have basic color correction built in: gamma (brightness) and saturation adjustable per game via the vorpX ingame menu. Enough to get the Special Edition pretty close to the original look.

alegse
    Participant

Sweet! Color and gamma could be very useful. I can’t wait for VorpX update!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Finally checked this today. Z3D works quite well, and the reduced z-fighting flicker for distant mountains is a big plus. That was always something that bugged me with the original, in VR even more than on a monitor.

Performance seems to be better for me especially in places that had quite low fps with the original. Haven’t measured it yet though, so maybe I’m mistaken. Certainly feels smoother.

I’m undecided yet regarding the more vibrant colors of the SE. Sometimes it looks worse, sometimes I like it better.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Might be system/settings dependent, but on my main dev machine here (fairly recent Core i7, GTX 1070), performance of the Special Edition is actually quite a bit worse than with the original DX9 version, same on a second machine with a slightly older Core i5 and a GTX 1080. Not only with vorpX but in general.

That’s not what I would have expected, but it pretty much is in line with benchmark comparisons I could find online, e.g. over here (German, but the benchmark diagram near the bottom of the article should be universally understandable).

grumdark
    Participant

Reading this…is a real shame.
    I imagine change FOV also alters much performance.

Yesterday afternoon, I was happy to see this video:

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe it is indeed system dependent or depends on the location. I tried Whiterun and the surrounding area so far and with a comparable detail settings preset there performance is clearly worse with the Special Edition than with the original.

With or without vorpX, the fps drop there is quite heavy.

Pretty much in line with the benchmarks linked above which are from the by far largest German gaming website, so I would consider them fairly reliable.

Ashieli
    Participant

Hmmm interesting findings, we will see, it might be rig dependent too. hows the preliminary profile going?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Basically working, fixing effects/HUD etc. right now. I will post it here later today as soon as I consider it good enough.

There is still one major issue left in regard to grass/clutter rendering that might not be solvable until the the next vorpX version, but I’d like a try a few things first to be really sure of that.

alegse
    Participant

Are the Skyrim SE performance drops due to some new post processing graphics that may be turned off (DoF, God rays, extra vegetation, motion blur ect.) ???

Maybe Nvidia settings could be used to boost fps by lowering image quality and turning off filtering and other effects.

For now I would say I will happily stick with original skyrim if it means better performance and I can keep SKSE and my game-play enhancing mods.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!