Skyrim Special Edition

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Skyrim Special Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    reanor
    Participant

Not the ENB graphics mod, the ENBoost memory fix. It fixes the game’s memory allocation and greatly improved performance.

The big question here is, will the Vorpx provided performance of fully modded 32-bit game, even with ENBoost fix, be equal to the Vorpx provided performance on 64-Bit engine, considering that you don’t need really need to mod any graphics now. I always thought that 64-Bit and integrated graphics upgrades would outperform heavily modded old skyrim.

Since Ralf talks plain engine, no mods, having SSE in vorpx over old skyrim is already a big win, since unmodded old skyrim looks like a poop at dusk, and SSE, while there is still room for improvement, already looks great and provides huge boost to performance (after VS and file integrity issues are fixed) thanks to 64-bit engine.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not sure whether I really understand everything you Skyrim pros are talking about, sorry. But you will very soon have the choice yourself and can then experiment and see what you like best for what exact scenario. I will make a recommendation that I think is the right one with vorpX for people who just want to play the game. At least for now that is the DX9 version.

That might not be the right choice for installations with dozens of mods, texture packs etc. though.

Ashieli
    Participant

How is the preliminary profile cooking up? any updates or kinks you have ran into which would impact the time table by a large margin?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I knew I shouldn’t have a promised a date the moment I did it. :)

Seriously: It will be made available later today with the caveats outlined in some of my posts above. To clearly say it again: apart from situations that absolutely require the Special Edition (super many mods and/or extra large HD textures), the original will be the better choice for vorpX, at least for now.

Ashieli
    Participant

It’s okay dont sweat it Ralf, its ready when its ready, im on ict industry (programmer) by trade also so i get where you are on now. :D

Just taking a peek couple times a day on these forums to spot it when its ready, so i can use my flex hours and rush home from work to try it out. :D

Fredthehound
    Participant

Don’t worry about it Ralf, I’m sure we’re all grateful that it’s coming even if it takes some time.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The preliminary Special Edition profile is now available from this post in game settings sub forum.

Make sure to follow the instructions! It’s extremely important to run the included gamesettings.cmd, otherwise all you will see is a blurry mess.

Fredthehound
    Participant

Looks good so far!

Some bugs (FOV switches off 120 when fast traveling into Whiterun) but overall it’s performing really well. With Vsynch turned off I get 43-45 interior and 33-45 outside on a fully modded game with big rez textures and high poly meshes. Which is damn impressive. Dragonreach stairs are low 30s daytime, 40-45 at night.

Looking forward to the finished version. You’re doing the Work of Mighty Talos, Ralf.

sucaj
    Participant

Thanks Ralf!

I’ll know for myself in a few hours, but how are the new shaders working in 3D?

Fallout 4 is such a disaster in the shader department in G3D that I find it completely unplayable. I’m really worried some of that will carry over to Skyrim SE.

Opinions on lighting aside, what are the referred-to downsides of using VorpX with SE vs the original?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Shadows are better with the original (but can be disabled in the vorpX ingame for the SE if you want). Also G3D is a bit faster with the original unless the DX9 resource limits are hit with many mods, large textures etc. The DX9 profile also was honed and refined for months, so naturally it has quite a few minor things fixed that I coudn’t touch for the SE within 1.5 days.

sucaj
    Participant

Got it. Awesome that you are willing to work on/release a profile so quickly, and looking forward to it mature. Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

We’ll see what will be possible. As far as I can tell there is no forward rendering path for shadows anymore in the remaster for example. Deferred shadows like used in the remaster (and many, many other games) sometimes can be partially “fixed” to a degree so that they look almost right in important parts of the scene (e.g. close to the player), but that will never be as 100% perfect as shadows that are directly rendered into the scene.

BluePhoenix
    Participant

Wow, even at the “preliminary” stage this profile is pretty amazing. Much better than what I concocted off of the Fallout 4 one.

Is there any way to get the left analog stick on the controller to still act as a joystick instead of a binary move? Maybe I need to play around with the Partial controller override.

Fantastic work Ralf! Thank you!

reanor
    Participant

Using new profile right now, its already pretty awesome. I don’t know what fps I have, prolly not 90, but I am not nauseous yet.. haha. Thank you, Ralf!

kurry
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I’m getting similar fps in both versions.
    I like the color and trees in Skyrim Special Edition better, so I think I will stick to playing the new version.
    Thanks for all the hard work!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!