vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 0.9.0 has been released.

For more information please click here.

If you already own vorpX, it should auto-update when you start vorpX Control next time. If it doesn’t for some reason, simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorpX. It will download the latest version available.

Please note that the update may fail if you already have the Oculus runtime 0.7 or 0.8 installed. Your current vorpX version doesn’t get far enough to check for the update when you try to start it in this case.

Workaround 1: Use your web installer to install vorpX 0.9 manually.
    Workaround 2: Temporarily go back to the Oculus runtime 0.5/0.6 (you might also have to install a graphics driver that was released before the Oculus runtime 0.7). This will allow vorpX 0.81 to launch completely and check for/install the update. Afterwards you can reinstall the runtime 0.7/0.8.

shadowself
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! Very excited.

Tried rolling back to 0.5 to install VorpX. It downloads, then starts the install and quickly flashes “rolling back changes” and quits. I’ll reboot and tinker some more and report back with any progress.

Edit 1: Reboot didn’t help. I had rolled back to NVidia driver 355.83 but maybe that is still not old enough. Downloading 353.62, going to try that one.

shadowself
    Participant

Now VorpX won’t start. Error code 2.

Going to try installing 0.6 with this video driver (353.62).

Edit: I just realised – 0.6 isn’t gonna work on Windows 10, is it? And now my current install is borked, it won’t open.

Looks like I need the installer. I’ll wait for a reply from support.

shadowself
    Participant

Installed using the installer! Now to stay up waaay too late. Thanks again Ralf!!

v_lee02
    Participant

Same error code I need the installer too! Hope I get a reply before tomorrow D:

Jinglesnz
    Participant

Forgive my ignorance, but I cant find the link to download manually (as I am in the group that has 0.7 already and rolling back isnt working too well)

v_lee02
    Participant

I got it to download the update by uninstalling 0.7 and installing 0.5.0.1-beta (windows 10) good luck! :D

v_lee02
    Participant

I am not sure what the heck this web installer is but I don’t remember anything about it

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Jinglesnz : Please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com to get a new link. Rolling back will probably be the faster option though.

Karlor
    Participant

After doing the update dance its up and working great. It looks really good, just played bioshock inf and man it looks so clear!

smokedog
    Participant

Hi Ralf auto update is not updating, so tried looking for old link like you advised and they expire after 3 weeks when I checked emails so the original dl link from purchase no longer exists think you may need to resend to all emails as I can’t find another way to download on the vorpx website only seem to be able to buy another copy rather than having a download page as well

Laser
    Participant

Some bugs(?) that I’ve encountered so far. (windows 10, R290, sdk 0.8, vorpx 0.9)
    1. I use 3 monitor setup + rift and when using desktop viewer it renders the leftmost monitor to the rift but the mouse cursor is rendered from the middle (primary) screen, is there any workaround for this other than disabling the side monitors?

2. Borderlands 2 geometry mode is very buggy, z-modes work fine.
    3. System Shock 2, Kotor (non steam) hooks up but gives black screen on rift
    (Kotor2 actually shows up without 3d since theres no profile yet)

Laser
    Participant

Payday2 renders other eye with red colour on geometry mode, z-modes work fine.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Laser : The desktop viewer is not really multimonitor capable yet. Not sure about your game issues. Borderlands (all) always worked liked a charm. Will look into it.

@ smokedog : Please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com

lichbane
    Participant

How do I get the desktop app to recognise my multiple monitors?

My taskbar, icons and so on are all on my secondary monitor (as the games play on my primary monitor). When I use the desktop app, I see my secondary monitor, but the mouse pointer and icons just don’t match each other. Not good.

EDIT: I must have been typing my post as you entered the reply above. Any idea when you’ll support multiple monitors? It’s unusable as is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!