vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

@ lichbane : same answer as above: The desktop app is not really multimonitor capable yet. This will be looked into.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
    Participant

Hi Ralf, and thanks for your great work.

I have a quick (and probably stupid) question: How do I watch SBS or OU 3D movies with Vorpx? Whether I use VLC or MPC, I actually get the double image on the virtual living room’s screen, not a 3D one.

What am I doing wrong/not doing? I must admit I have no idea how to setup either of those softs for 3D.

As for games, I’ll have to try and experiment with as many titles as I can. Only tried Skyrim and it was horrible. Probably not your fault :)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
    Participant

Ok, stop, nevermind!!!

I only had to toy with the effects tab in VLC’s Tools. My bad!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
    Participant

*sigh*

No, wasn’t it at all. Shame really, because the images do look crisp.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can set the stereo mode directly in vorpX. The setting is called “Content Type” and you find it on the image page of the vorpX ingame menu.

BTW: make sure to get the latest MPC-HC nightly build. The MPC-HC guys were so kind to implement a little addition that enhances the data transfer between MPC-HC and vorpX. This is only in the latest nightly build currently.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
    Participant

Mmmmhhh… I can’t seem to access the ingame menu when simply playing a video with VLC. I just launch the movie, which starts in the Rift alright in the livingroom setting, but then I can’t get the menu to come up, no matter how many times I push the “delete” button.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You may have to click on the player window once. It has to have focus, otherwise vorpX doesn’t get notified about key presses. Not sure what else could be the issue.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
    Participant

Not working. Maybe I should move this to the support section?

VLC shows a black window on the desktop and plays fine in the Rift. But even after clicking the window, borders or inside, still no way to get the ingame menu to come up.

I have the Xbox 360 pad plugged in. Could that be the problem?

Karlor
    Participant

Ran over some of my favs real quick to see how they did against the new updates:
    Bioshock Inf
    Fallout NV
    Skyrim
    Dishonored
    Dying Light

All work and hook normal, direct mode is cool(extended never was an issue for me but this is way nicer). The games all seemed to really run great. Super smooth and clear, it was fine before, but now Something just feels so much smoother. The view mode so people can watch is perfect too! Time for some serious VR sessions with the dudes now that you can see what the person is doing. Really lovin it so far, great job.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Phil_Giordana_FCD : No. There even are gamepad presets for playback control. The video player help page in the vorpX help explains them. Maybe you could try MPC-HC if VLC doesn’t work for you.

@ Karlor : Thanks. Have fun!

Laser
    Participant

I have the same thing with vlc, briefly tried the nightly mpc but it didn’t hook up at all, I’ll have to check that later when I have time. Otherwise the video player looks very nice in 2D mode and the async warp should help games that are just below 75.

Edit. Got the mpc working (with delete controls) needed to install x86 version, 64-bit didn’t hook up.

jasonbaz
    Participant

Guys…just use the web installer. Works like a charm.

JohnnyE
    Participant

Just Updated to 0.9.0 and updated everything else to lastest drivers (Nvidia/Runtime Oculus 0.8.0)

SLI enabled / disabled makes no differece

if i try to start Arma3 with Vorpx it directly closes the Game. The Game is Preloading some Data but if it trys to Output to the Rift A3 Crash (just close) without receiving any error Message! Anyone can help? Anyone A3 got running with 0.9.0 Vorpx?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure to play single player or join a server without BattleEye. A BattleEye update some time ago made it impossible for vorpX too hook with BE enabled. Discussing the topic with the BE programmer was fruitless.

JohnnyE
    Participant

Ok.. it´s starting the Game but not rendering with SLI (i know SLI is unsupported.. but it worked with the older Version without problems)…. and now CPU Utilisation is at 98-100percent if i enter a Map… (4.5Ghz I5 16Gb ram) i never have such poor FPS (about 1 in 20seconds) its a Vorpx / driver Problem …
    mmhhhh

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!