vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Fr4nK
    Participant

Yep, Skyrim work too!!! :D

slonaker.j
    Participant

Hey Ralf, any idea on when we might see the next update with ESO fixed? I’m extremely bummed about this not working now. :/ I used to look soooo forward to playing ESO after work in VR. Now the game feels so much LESS without VR! *grumbles to self*

My setup
    DK2 / SDK .8/ Radeon r290x 3GB / 16GB Ram / i7 (4770) 3.4Ghz

Most games on the supported games list still work just fine. Some work even better than before from the looks of things. I just tried Bioshock Infinite. Pretty fun. Works flawlessly. Definitely playable with some setting adjustments. Since ESO and World Of Warcraft BOTH stopped working though, I am weary to even try a new title based on the supported games list… :/

So anyway. I know you said it will be looked at by the next update but I was hoping for a more concise answer than that if possible.

Thanks

modelmode
    Participant

Hi Raif,

Can I get the previous version of Vorpx (8.1 I think)? I was able to get 0.9.0 to working fine, but Minecrift needs an older version of the Oculus runtime Until they update it, and that would of course break Vorpx 0.9.0. Thanks.

marks
    Participant

I cannot get .9 to display with any of my games. I just get a black/blank screen. I can hear game audio (Arma 2 and 3), I get the safety warning, but no video on my DK2 or monitor. Setup is an i5/GTX660/DK2/358.78 driver/Win 8.1/Vorpx .9.

The DK2 test scene works fine, had no issues before the nvidia/sdk/vorpx updates.

modelmode
    Participant

Hmm, Your specs are exactly the same as mine except I have a GTX970 (driver:10.18.13.5878). Sorry I can’t give you an immediate answer, but I have a few ideas:
    Are you on a laptop? big issues have been reported with laptops as I understand it.
    You might check your firewall. I noticed that my Norton firewall would block certain .dlls of Vorpx or the Oculus runtime, but wouldn’t completely stop the installation. Leaving me thinking everything installed correctly with no notification.
    Are you admin? Even doing a ‘run as admin’ can have issues. There’s no substitute.

marks
    Participant

Desktop, no firewall, uninstalled AV, running as admin. Might double check the install.

marks
    Participant

I am getting an error in my Windows event logs
    “11/07/15 02:01:49: Error: [FirmwareVersions] WARNING: Unable to load the firmware file. Version checking for device firmware will be disabled and will report that firmware data is “not found”.

marks
    Participant

I tried rolling back to Windows 7, fresh install, no change.

There are alerts in my event logs for “ERROR:[IPC] WARMING”: Overhead alert threshold exceeded for Compositor_Endframe: x665….”

Given the fresh Win 7 install maybe the GTX660 isn’t up to the latest driver?

Trying Windows 10 next.

marks
    Participant

Spent most of my weekend trying to resolve this issue. Nothing works with vorpx, all the native Rift apps are fine – it is nothing but black screens on vorpx (even the desktop view doesn’t work).

How does one get hold of the old vorpx (pre 0.7/0.8 SDK)?

Karlor
    Participant

Maybe your rift is stuck into direct mode, mine was and this what I did. I had Oculus 5.1 and had my rift set to extended and rift set as primary so it would work with vorpx 8.1… when I updated to Oculus 8 and vorpx it updated fine but stayed “stuck” in the old direct mode. It would turn on and do everything but actualy display on the rift… so I reinstalled oculus 5 and swithced my rift to direct and all that THEN update back to oculus 8 and bam my rift pulled its head out and works now… maybe worth a go? Hope u get it solved.

marks
    Participant

Nothing has worked. I’m suspicious it may be a video card issue (GTX660) but not 100% sure. I even tried the command line utility to set it to the new mode.

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!