vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

There is an unpleasant issue with the Oculus runtime (or apparently a part of the nVidia driver) eating away an entire core on CPUs than don’t can do hyper threading (like your Core i5):

https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25914

JohnnyE
    Participant

Ok .. Other question.. is SLI support on your List? .. i think with VR is the maximum Performance needed and Max performance is similar with SLI support..

Why SLI don´t work with arma3 in Vorpx VR in my case .. is there a way to “force” SLI when running VorpxArma??

Thanks for the info of the Issue with nonHT pc´s

Phil_Giordana_FCD
    Participant

Since Nvidia mysteriously removed 358.70 last night, I’ve switched back to 0.7 with 358.50, just to be safe. Still works.

I managed to run MPC alright, though VLC still doesn’t show any ingame menu. I’ll survive.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ JohnnyE : According to the Oculus community moderator SLI currently does not work at all with the DK2: https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27030&p=301690&hilit=Sli#p301690

slonaker.j
    Participant

So Elder Scrolls Online isn’t working anymore. Big sad face.

Other games seem to be fine but ESO doesnt ever make it to the HMD. I noticed that the mouse is inaccessible if the vorpx watcher us up and ESO launches but no HMD action. Helps! I have been chomping at the bit for this update just so I could play ESO without rolling back drivers and unplugging extra monitors. Now I can’t even roll back because the old vorpx isnt available. :(

v_lee02
    Participant

Thanks Ralf I got it working just trying to get GTA open right it works fine and goes the the loading screen just never stops loading single player or multiplayer… Still trying different settings

peteostro
    Participant

Raf any chance for G3D support with Star Wars Battlefront?

slonaker.j
    Participant

Elder Scrolls online -> Doesn’t launch to HMD; mouse stops working.
    World of warcraft -> doesnt launch to HMD; mouse stops working.
    GTA 5 -> Working great!
    Half Life 2 -> Working great!

REALLY hoping to get ESO figured out if anyone has any tips. Thanks!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
    Participant

Since this thread is still active, could I get some REAL help with setting my xbox 360 controller for Skyrim with Vorpx, and incidently a correct resolution as well? I’ve posted something in the Tech Support thread, but no luck yet.

Skyrim (again)

Thanks.

slonaker.j
    Participant

Error when launching ESO —> The rendering API is not supported (D3D11)
    No errors but no HMD with D3D9

attempted forcing dx9 through vorpx config manager; still no luck. Was working fine before update.

v_lee02
    Participant

Well the problem I have so far is in GTA5 I will get in game and everything looks like it works but my gamepad, keyboard, and mouse stops working

Anyone have a solution to this yet?

slonaker.j
    Participant

I had success with GTA5 by switching back and forth to cinema mode. Matter of fact, this was the case for a few games I tried. I lost my mouse a few times and then I got stuck with the zoom window. I’m sure Ralf will have these bugs worked out soon :)

shadowself
    Participant

Thanks Ralf I got it working just trying to get GTA open right it works fine and goes the the loading screen just never stops loading single player or multiplayer… Still trying different settings

Run the GTA launcher as administrator, see if that works. I run into this problem with GTA V on Win10 even when not using VorpX.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ v_lee02 : I remember a similar behaviour (loading forever) from before vorpX 0.81. This was actually one of the reasons for releasing a 0.81 version.

Never heard again of this since then, though. Do you by any chance use an unusual graphics card? Optimus laptop, something older than three years, Intel graphics? Something like that *may* be the cause of the issue.

Short addition to shadowself’s hint: If you run GTA (any game) as admin, you also have to run vorpX as admin. In general that shouldn’t be necessary thoogh and should in fact be avoided.

@ all : In case of mouse/keyboard issues make sure that the game has focus by clicking into the window once (assuming the game runs windowed). Although nothing is displayed, game windows still need focus to process mouse/keyboard events.

slonaker.j
    Participant

No idea on elderscrolls online then anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!