vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    petokaske
    Participant

yes I tried with vorpx desktop viewer.
    I put on SBS and removed the zoom but the picture is somewhat distorted unless I put ratio 4:3 or 5:4

I would do with.

Karlor
    Participant

Yeah you got it I just couldn’t remember what it was called. It works great sometimes there’s just a little jitter on screen while I used it with certain settings. I set it all back and it goes away so good to go. Also how does that nvidea core problem manifest itself? does it cause flicker or just slow down? I notice about everyother few times I boot a game I get black flickers until I restart/reload a game. Could the core issue be doing that?

Ralf
    Keymaster

According to the thread on the Oculus forum it can manifest itself in anything from dropped frames to dramatic FPS loss.

https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25914

A workaround would be to open the Oculus Configuration Utility as the first thing you do right after starting Windows and then not close it again until you’re done rifting, so that the blue light stays on all the time. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE RIFT IS POWERED ON ALL TIME WHEN YOU DO THIS, SO DON’T DO IT OVER LONG PERIODS OF TIME.

Fr4nK
    Participant

I want to be able to return to 8.1 too because now skyrim wont work and I need older sdk version to play Elite Dangerous. I dont thing we should be force to get an update that require a new version of the SDK if we dont want to.

Fr4nK
    Participant

vorpx desktop viewer wont work either. I have windows 10, latest 358.78 nvidia driver and sdk 0.8 too. The only thing that work now is the (show demo scene) from the oculus configuration utility… not cool. Pls give us a link to install back vorpx 8.1

thx
    Francois

Laser
    Participant

Video player with MPC seems to work fine but I was wondering is there a plan to support 180/360 degree videos? (Or is there allready a way to watch them by changing settings?)

feathers632
    Participant

Video player with MPC seems to work fine but I was wondering is there a plan to support 180/360 degree videos? (Or is there allready a way to watch them by changing settings?)

Yes, it’s called Virtual desktop and it’s amazing. It will stream 360 videos (and 3d ones) or play from hard disk and it lets u use windows desktop from Oculus.

http://www.vrdesktop.net/

Laser
    Participant

Yeah thats what I currently use for 360 vids, I was talking about vorpx adapting this too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not actively worked on ATM, but I won’t rule it out. The desktop app will definitely receive further updates, how far that will go feature wise depends on a few variables.

peteostro
    Participant

Ran over some of my favs real quick to see how they did against the new updates:
    Dying Light

All work and hook normal, direct mode is cool(extended never was an issue for me but this is way nicer). The games all seemed to really run great. Super smooth and clear, it was fine before, but now Something just feels so much smoother.

Is dying light using z3d or G3d?

Blackaria
    Participant

vorpx desktop viewer wont work either. I have windows 10, latest 358.78 nvidia driver and sdk 0.8 too. The only thing that work now is the (show demo scene) from the oculus configuration utility… not cool. Pls give us a link to install back vorpx 8.1

thx
    Francois

I am on windows 10 also with sdk 0.8 withthe new nvidia 358.78, was not able to find 358.70 either so I went with the new one oculus had a link too. I was not able to get the desktop viewer to work either but then I when in the the vorpx setting and enabled expert setting and checked run as admin in vorpx. For some reason when I would right click the desktop icon it would still only open it but not display it on the riff, when I checked the box it works now for me. I also turned sli before hand to see if that was it but now that I got it running right sli does not seem to change anything for me at least.

creepshow
    Participant

just to say thanks ralph for this update and i had no problems with this update vorpX 0.9.0 everything is working fine i have tested loads of games on the update vorpX 0.9.0 and they work ok and by the way i am using sdk 0.8 and keep up your good work ralph

feathers632
    Participant

I want to be able to return to 8.1 too because now skyrim wont work and I need older sdk version to play Elite Dangerous. I dont thing we should be force to get an update that require a new version of the SDK if we dont want to.

Elite Dangerous is amazing. I’m using 6.0.1. runtime because it’s the most compatible although 5.0.1 gives better performance with Elite. Frontier really need to bring their space sim up to date. Runtime 8 is here now and quite a few apps and games have already been updated for 7 (seem to work fine on 8 as well).

Fr4nK
    Participant

I have a GTX 760 Mars and it doesnt work at all, I can’t launch skyrim and I can’t launch vorpx desktop viewer (running as admin or not). It crash instantly. I tried desactivating multi gpu (sli) but doesn’t work neither. It would realy help if I could keep the Vorpx 8.1 for now. Because I just can’t make itto work at all. I tried to install older version of SDK to run Elite Dangerous and it work well. But I want to play Skyrim and it use to work before I got vorpx auto update to 9.0.

Ralf, could you pls allow to install back vorpx v8.1???

Fr4nK
    Participant

Ok it work now! I install virtual desktop and it give me a warning that both my hmd needed to be on the same graphic processor as my monitor. (I have 3 output) I put the oculus to the next one and it started working. Tried Vorpx desktop viewer and it work too. Now I will try Skyrim :D

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 0.9.0 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!