vorpX 18.3.2 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 18.3.2 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Wanny say thanks too for the update. I like new the optoins like the shadercode parser info. Very useful !

nieda113
    Participant

Mafia 3,G3D, assassins creed origins, G3d, Dying light , G3D,Farcry 5, G3D…..???????

matteo39
    Participant

Mafia 3,G3D, assassins creed origins, G3d, Dying light , G3D,Farcry 5, G3D…..???????

are affermations, or questions? :)

RJK_
    Participant

Nieda113, as usual

moarveer
    Participant

A pity, I should be recieving my Pimax 8k next week and I wanted to make a full Bioshock franchise rerun with Vorpx, I suppose I’ll skip to Bioshock Infinite.

BTW I have requested a new key, I had problems to install PiTool and had to reinstall Windows so lost my Vorpx installation (details here if curious: http://forum.pimaxvr.com/t/tried-to-install-pitool-latest-version-getting-openssl-error/9318 )

Thanks for the sustained support for Vorpx though, I just read in the Pimax forums a guy that tried Dying Light with Vorpx and 8k and was annoyed because the head tracking was extremely sensitive, and I told him to adjust the mouse sensitivity and use Vorpx config app, I’m still surprised that so many people pay $40 but don’t give it a minute to learn how to config games.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ all (most): Thanks for the kind words.

@ moarveer: Bioshock Remastered is a rather odd case technically unfortunately due to the way they did the DX9>DX11 conversion. As soon as I have an idea to tackle this in a decent manner, the game will be added, but I can’t promise anything. Currently it’s too glitchy.

@ nieda: FYI: About 90% of official profiles have G3D now. For AC:Odyssey you would need a GTX4080Ti (sic!) for G3D, not even AC:Unity G3D runs exactly great on current hardware. Far Cry 5: anticheat prevents vorpX from hooking as discussed multiple times here.

@ dborosev: AC:Odyssey Z3D base parameters have been adjusted to look more realistic. In Origins elements nearby looked extremely large and then got too small too quickly in the distance. This is more balanced now. You can however play around with the near/far option like dellrifter suggested if you prefer something else.

@ dellrifter22: no changes to the way Image Zoom is used. Only remotely related change is that in immersive screen mode a higher FOV is set if vorpX can adjust it. But that only affects immersive screen mode and there it has the opposite effect of what you describe. I’ll double check to be extra sure.

@ OculusRiftRocks: native 3D means that the game has its own SBS stereo mode. What the vorpX profile does is automatically setting the game options to utilize it. You could do the same with Crysis 2/3, but those had indeed a depth buffer based approach. Crysis 3 with vorpX G3D is superior.

steph12
    Participant

Ralf, you are the best :)

Thank you very much !

RJK_
    Participant

I thought of this twice last night but i would like to make a suggestion concerning the huge gift (authoring tools) that you have made to us. May be it would make more sense to make the tools only available for profiles that have been previously uploaded to the cloud or a similar method, all the base profiles are in the cloud anyhow IIRC, so may be for authoring using a “cloud copy” or simliar like under “local profiles” that can be dedeleted if not suitable). It takes sometimes weeks to finish a good 3D profile and it would shurely be a waste if someone creates a (good or not good) profile and doesnt share it with others afterwards. I think that would be just be a “fair” deal for everyone. ( keeping in mind that these huge tools are completely free to use for VorpX users ! )

Comments welcome.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Only the shader authoring has been made available for everyone since it’s easy enough to understand even without any knowledge of how 3D rendering actually works. Flipping through shaders and marking them as shadow/HUD etc. is more or less self-explanatory, or at least requires only minimal effort to learn without even really knowing what shaders are/do.

matteo39
    Participant

ralf, wonderful job.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Don’t overdo it with the praise, guys. I might start to believe it otherwise. ;)

dSpect
    Participant

Thanks, this was a nice surprise for the weekend. I can’t wait to try the Monster Hunter profile!

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 18.3.0.1 has been released. This is a hotfix that addresses the issue below. No other changes.

• Black textures with Z3D in some D3D11 games (18.3.0 regression)
    dborosev
    Participant

It didn’t update for me. Just run like normal.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the auto update fails for some reason, you can reinstall with the web installer.

If you don’t have it anymore, you can get one here: http://www.vorpx.com/request-new-download/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!