vorpX 18.3.2 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 18.3.2 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

In regard to latency try to disable FluidSync (display page of the ingame menu). Be aware though that doing so may introduce flicker/judder if you can’t maintain at least steady 45fps in a game.

The supersampling resolution you have set in SteamVR/Oculus is of no real concern for vorpX. You need to increase the actual resolution a game runs with to increase the image quality. This is very different from how native games work. 1600×1200 or 1920×1440 are usually good resolutions for vorpX.

Make sure to check the Custom Resolutions section in the help or this thread for additional information in this regard.

toxingames
    Participant

I know, I am saying that the in-game resolution doesn’t match what is being rendered in the headset. For example, I set 2560×1440 resolution in-game, I restart and the image still appears blocky in the headset. It is like it is being rendered in the original resolution for the headset. The issue is only apparent after updating Vorpx to 18.3.2. The image was fine in 18.3.1. Not sure what is happening here.

I have already tried turning off FluidSync, but it still feels like there is some smoothing going on. Again, this issue has only arrised after updating to 18.3.2.

I would like to downgrade to 18.3.1 if that is at all possible.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you are using SteamVR, please make sure your SteamVR is up-to-date. Should be 1.1.4. The fix that was necessary due to judder with the latest SteamVR version might have unwanted side effects with older SteamVR versions that do not support Motion Smoothing.

In regard to any potential issue with resolution please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send that to support |at| vorpx com. That will allow me to check whether anything unusual is happening with your headset render target sizes.

andrewtsubaro
    Participant

I am having one of the problems toxingames describes. It feels as if there is a dead zone or some delay in head tracking. This was not the case with 18.3.1. Switching FluidSync off does not help. And I do have the latest SteamVR version installed.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check whether you maybe inadvertantly disabled the new ‘Prediction’ option on the display page of the vorpX menu. If so, re-enable it.

RJK_
    Participant

I can confirm what toxingames said, very nauseating , best seen in cinema or edgepeek mode at a medium screen size. When moving my head like stevie wonder the image looks like i am under water, some kind of a weird delay draging the image around, hart to explain but it makes my extremely dizzy. (using Win 7, and old SteamVR, cant test the newest one because the gods question my authenticity ).

How about enabling the new software only if the user is using that smoothing by checking the SteamVR version that is installed ? Dont know if thats possible though.

Couldnt achieve different results by changing the settings on the display page.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m on it. Looks like the SteamVR judder fix introduced additional latency. An update for the update will be released later today.

RJK_
    Participant

Great Ralf , thank you

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 18.3.2.1 has been released. This hotfix addresses the SteamVR head tracking swim/latency introduced with yesterday’s update. No other changes.

zahncisten
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! You’re awesome. I just got it–no problems.

matteo39
    Participant

thaank you ralf! :)

andrewtsubaro
    Participant

Thank you very much, Ralf! The problem is gone.

steph12
    Participant

is motion smoothing still supported ? i ask this because i noticed with this update the option in relation with motion smoothing is gone (but i cant remember how it was called).

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s still supported. The option only has the described effect in Oculus mode hence it is hidden for SteamVR now.

toxingames
    Participant

Excellent! Thank you, Ralf! The delayed motion tracking issue is now fixed!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!