vorpX 18.3.2 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 18.3.2 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

great :)

thanks again Ralf !

RJK_
    Participant

Thanks for fixing !

Martin
    Participant

Just finished Mirrors Edge #1 again in preparation for Frostbite G3D (and thus ME Catalyst in real 3D!), with the new Motion Smoothing support it feels soo much better than before.

Only issue I encountered was that having DirectVR cache enabled caused FOV scan to fail but disabling it fixed it.

nieda113
    Participant

@ralph, i havent been updating since 18.1.0. I have been using existing profiles and customized those to be able to play th latest games.( FC5,ACO, ASOdyssey just to name a few) So can u tell me, if there might be a G3D option for those games can still use this old release ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

NEVER use newer profiles with an older vorpX version. You can use older profiles with newer vorpX versions, backwards compatibility is usually ensured as far as possible, but the other way around in many cases will not work correctly. With the next release 19.1.0 for example new G3D profiles will contain various settings that older vorpX versions (obviously) do not even process.

Most new G3D profiles in 19.1.0 either won’t do anything or have severe issues in older vorpX versions since those lack the functionality that makes the new profiles possible.

BTW: If you are using a SteamVR headset, you have to update to the latest vorpX anyway, no way around that. Older vorpX versions do not work corrrectly with the latest SteamVR update.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Update 2018/12/15

vorpX 18.3.2.2 has been released. This (hopefully) concludes the series of fixes related to issues with the most recent SteamVR version.

Changes/Fixes:

• Improvements for WMR headsets related to issues with most recent SteamVR.
    • Fallout 76: FOV did not work since the game got official FOV change support.
    • OpenVR updated to 1.1.3b

@ RJK: Just in case: you may encounter the same openvr_api.dll issue that you encountered a few months ago. If so, please update SteamVR. Unfortunately this time it’s not possible to revert to an outdated OpenVR version just for you.

matteo39
    Participant

ok now i hope for g3d in frostbite 3! :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Still coming in 19.1.0. Unfortunately I lost a full week to fix everything related to the recent SteamVR issue(s).

Fingers crossed that no more unplanned fixes will be necessary before the next regular update.

matteo39
    Participant

wonderful job, ralf!

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! God damn, VorpX has to be the best product I’ve ever purchased (besides my Odyssey+ and Vive of course).

daggey
    Participant

Hey I am using Vive Pro (SteamVR) – everything working perfectly up until update today (18.3.2.2) – now I get a black screen whenever I load into a game ? Rebooted etc after installation. Desktop viewer works fine, but whenever I hook into a game (Kingdom Come, Arma3, Star Citizen) – I just get a black screen in the HMD. The game screen on the monitor has the Vorpx logo, so it seems to be hooking OK, and audio plays fine – but now everything is black – any ideas ? Tried running as admin but no joy. Thanks.

daggey
    Participant

Kingdom Come works (it just randomly froze when I tried to load it) but I have got it working since. Arma3 and star citizen still no good though. Weird.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please first check whether your issue maybe is caused by an external factor, many issues seemingly appearing after vorpX updates proved to be pure coincidence in the past. First steps should be: 1. reboot PC, 2. ensure that SteamVR and display drivers are up to date.

If the issue still occurs afterwards, create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send that to support (at) vorpx com.

blanka4545
    Participant

Forget resident evil 7 vr on pc it’s a failure concept now Vr will natively go insane starting next year look at Visage screw resident evil 7! Indie developer too yeah let’s go! Resident evil 7 optimal and working on pc is a fantasy lol! We live in a reality here lol!

sov
    Participant

and when to wait for version 19

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!