vorpX 18.3.2 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 18.3.2 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    sapolettos
    Participant

I closed and reopened vorpx for the update, but appeared “download error”

I can not use vorpx anymore

Ralf
    Keymaster

Download should work now. Sorry for the hiccup.

RJK_
    Participant

After using vorpX for more then 1 year i still find (old new) things to discover. Sift+Mousewheel in Magnifier mode, VERY logical and useful ! Recently i found out that even Cubemap Images can be loaded into background…

dborosev
    Participant

Works great. I think this is the first time that I actually prefer the Znormal profile over the G3D one. Not sure why, it just seems crisper and clearer, and of course performance. Something about the shadows with all the foliage is just better in ZNormal.

sapolettos
    Participant

Works great. I think this is the first time that I actually prefer the Znormal profile over the G3D one. Not sure why, it just seems crisper and clearer, and of course performance. Something about the shadows with all the foliage is just better in ZNormal.

FALLOUT76?

dborosev
    Participant

Yes, fallout 76. Should note that I’m using cinema mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

What a waste. :) Works beautifully in full VR. Ideally in 1440p or even above.

dborosev
    Participant

Lol. Yeah yeah. Ok I’ll give it a try sometime for this game.
    In case you’re wondering, my main reasons are that
    a) it lets me sit down and play. Full VR I’d feel compelled to stand. And mmo style games would be marathons.
    b) FPS are always more accurate with kb+m. (hate controllers).

But maybe there is a happy in-between I’ve left un-explored.

ptapang
    Participant

when you say full vr for fallout 76 do you mean like fallout 4 vr? like free hand aiming?

Martin
    Participant

RE: Frostbite G3D

Awesome! I actually played through Mirrors Edge Catalyst in “Fake 3D” not too long ago and it was incredibly fun, probably going to have to do it again then.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 18.3.2 has been released. This is a maintenance release mainly addressing frequent frame judder in SteamVR mode after the latest SteamVR update.

In addition to that some related changes originally intended for vorpX 19.1.0 have been backported to 18.3.2, most notably support for Motion Smoothing (SteamVR), respectively Asynchronous Space Warp (Oculus). vorpX 19.1.0 is still on track for a pre-Christmas release.

Changes/Fixes:

• SteamVR: Fix for frequent judder below 90fps with recent SteamVR versions.
    • SteamVR/Oculus: Motion Smoothing/Asynchronous Space Warp support.
    • SteamVR: Supersampling <1.0 is now taken into account (only important for Pimax 5k/8k).
    • Oculus: Crystal Image setting takes user set super sampling into account.
    • D3D11: several multithreading fixes and improvements
    • The Witcher: better Geometry 3D profile, Z3D parameters tweaked
    • The Witcher 2: G3D did not work anymore, Z3D parameters tweaked
    • GTA V: scalable HUD added
    zahncisten
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! 😃 got it without a problem.

steph12
    Participant

thank you Ralf for this update :)
    and very pleased to hear that vorpx supports now motion smoothing.
    good stuff ^^

matteo39
    Participant

now i wait g3d for prey! :)

toxingames
    Participant

Ever since the latest update (18.3.2) the motion tracking doesn’t feel right. It is like there is a slight delay and that is smoothed out. I am guessing this is due to the new “Motion Smoothing”. However, it doesn’t feel right and is quite nauseating. Also, I have noticed that in-game resolution does not appear in the headset (as super-sampling), it is always rendering default resolution of the headset which makes games appear pixelated.

Is there a way to turn off the “Motion Smoothing”? I don’t have it enabled in Steam, as it is not supported for my OS, Windows 7. If not, is there a way to downgrade to 18.3.1?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!