vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

21/09/06
    vorpX 21.2.3 has been released.

This is a maintenance release with the below changes and fixes. Note that the config app will still display 21.2.1 as version number since there have been no changes to it. The actual version number is shown in the bottom/left corner of the game window.

• Fixed: Delayed hooking did not work under some circumstances (e.g. Control).
    • Fixed: Saving shader definitions did not work under some circumstances.
    • Fixed: Some DX9 games (e.g. Call of Juarez) did not work correctly with recently introduced matrix array transforms.
    • Fixed: Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition (and potentially other DX9 games) could get caught in a device reset loop when run fullscreen.
    • Fixed: Dark Souls Remastered (and potentially other DX11 games) could deadlock.
    • Improved: reduced CPU usage while checking for newly launched programs.
    • Improved: DX11 G3D authoring auto projection search can handle nested structs
    • GTA V: script DLL updated.
    • Red Dead Redemption II: hints were not shown on start, script DLL updated.
    • Vampire: Bloodlines: automated settings applied correctly for community patch.
    • Nier: Automata: support for Game Pass Edition added.
    • Dead Island: support for Definitive Edition added.
    • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: DX12 support added (Z3D), for G3D stick to DX11.

21/06/17
    vorpX 21.2.1 has been released.

Originally this was supposed to be just a maintenance update, but in the end became an almost-major-release due to two huge additions in the form of vorpX connection mods for GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2 that provide a great out-of-the box FullVR experience for both games. Both are still somewhat beta, but good enough for a first public release.

The connection mods implement perfect 1:1 headtracking, decoupled walk/look/aim, auto switching to EdgePeek in cutscenes and menu screens for improved comfort, and unique VR optimized cameras for both games that get rid of nauseating head bobbing and whenever possible the equally nauseating moments where the games briefly take away control, e.g. when entering a car or mounting a horse.

They also add Alternate Frame Geometry 3D for both games. If you are sensitive to the comfort issues inherent to AFR 3D, vorpX’s built in 3D methods are still available without losing the other benefits of the more direct connection like positional tracking and decoupled walk/look.

Nice detail: For the heck of it GTA V got an additional driving view that mounts the camera on a car’s hood, similar to what you may know from many racing games. Turned out to be the most fun and immersive way to cruise through Los Santos you may have ever experienced.

Full changelog:

• Dedicated connection mods (BETA) for Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA V to provide a great out-of-the-box FullVR experince: VR optimized cameras, decoupled walk/look, auto EdgePeek handling, alternate frame G3D, and more.
    • The shader authoring tool can be used on top of official profiles now.
    • Profiles can now be restored to default from within the game, having to switch to the config app for that was always a bit clunky.
    • Internal frame interpolation can handle alternate eye rendering without relying on support provided by headset runtimes.
    • Fallback hooking mode that improves compatibility with some mod loaders (e.g. Resident Evil 2)
    • ‘Loft’ cinema environment (finally) finalized.
    • Some textures were blurry in cinema scenes since earlier this year.
    • OpenXR now working for games that utilize nVidia Ansel, e.g. SW: Battlefront 2.
    • DirectVR memory scanner caching didn’t always work as intended.
    • D3D9: Fixed a regression that could cause heavy flicker in older fixed function pipeline games (e.g. GTA: Vice City with the D3D8>D3D9 wrapper)
    • Head roll wasn’t always applied as intended (e.g. Resident Evil 7)
    • Some Epic Launcher and EA Desktop related improvements
    • Elder Scrolls Online: HUD shader fixed for latest game release.
    • Fallout 4: Lightning shader fixed (thanks RJK)
    • Skyrim SE: Some effect fixes (thanks RJK)
    • Mass Effect: Legendary Edition: ME1/2: G3D/Z3D profiles added, note that G3D performance isn’t exactly great due to a somewhat ineffecient D3D9 to D3D11 conversion. Especially for ME2, which doesn’t look that much better, the DX9 original is still recommended.
    • MPC-HC/VLC: some default settings tweaks,

21/05/08
    vorpX 21.2.0.3 has been released.

This is a small in-between releases hotfix with the below changes:

• Fixed: Low framerate with the Resident Evil Village release version
    • Fixed: Some buttons in the vorpX menu didn’t work via keyboard/gamepad anymore
    • New Profile: Resident Evil Village: Full VR, scalable HUD

21/04/21
    vorpX 21.2.0.1 has been released.

This hotfix addresses a positional tracking glitch in EdgePeek mode. No other changes.

21/04/20
    vorpX 21.2.0 has been released.

vorpX 21.2.0 is the second major release for 2021. This time mainly focusing on making vorpX future proof by adding support for the industry wide OpenXR standard. Apart from that there also are two brand new game related features: for one the DirectVR feature family got a new member named Automatic Weapon Hiding, great for first person games without a built-in option to holster weapons. No more ‘gun face’ in games that work with the feature. And secondly hardware cursor capturing, which is mostly helpful for games with interactive cursors.

List of games that currently have Auto Weapon Hide, more to come: Half-Life 2 (+episodes), Portal 2, Black Mesa Source, Titanfall 2, Fallout 4, Crysis, Skyrim Special Edition, Aliens: Colonial Marines

No new profiles this time (booooooh!), the coding stuff ate away all time for that. There will be either a maintenance release or a profile database update with a bunch of new profiles in the not too distant future.

New/Improved

• OpenXR support added (beta): this is the big addition this time, making vorpX’s technical fundament future proof for the next few years to come. OpenXR is the upcoming industry wide VR API that will – or at least is supposed to – eventually superseed the current vendor specific APIs from Oculus, Valve and Microsoft. OpenXR is recommended now for WMR headsets, works better with vorpX than WMR over SteamVR. For Oculus there isn’t much of a difference, so you can stick to Oculus or try OpenXR if you want. Valve’s OpenXR implementation isn’t quite ready yet (e.g. no 32bit), so for native SteamVR headsets like Index/Vive/Pimax stick to SteamVR for the time being.
    • Auto Weapon Hide/Adjustment: With Auto Weapon Hide weapons are only in view while shooting, reloading etc., otherwise they are automatically moved out of sight by vorpX, even if a game does not provide the means to do that at all. Won’t be possible for all games, but for those that do work with it, it’s frankly just awesome. One of those little things you might never have thought about, but don’t want to miss again once you have them.
    • Improved hooking timing/safety: fixes some DX12 games not hooking anymore since Microsoft split the d3d12.dll into two separate DLLs a few weeks ago. Also improves hooking reliability with some games that initialize DirectX very early in their launch process.
    • vorpX can now grab the icon of the Windows hardware cursor instead of showing a custom vorpX cursor in the headset in games that use the Windows hardware cursor. Improves playability of affected games with context sensitive cursors. If you still encounter games that show the vorpX cursor instead, let me know. I can’t entirely rule out that there may be some unusual cursor format that the grab routine doesn’t handle yet.
    • Custom background images can now be applied in immersive screen mode, not just as background scene in cinema mode as before.
    • Improved immersive screen size/distance default and range. The default values now provide a more natural world scale at typical game FOVs while at the same time you can adjust the screen size/distance even more to your own liking than before.
    • Improved EdgePeek scale behavior: factors in the current user set screen scale/distance in a better way.
    • Catched a few more edge cases where blocking game mouse movement/clicks didn’t work while navigating the vorpX menu.
    • New shader authoring option: shaders can be switched between normal/special based on frame stats, e.g. the number of draw calls. Useful for treating shaders differently during gameplay vs. in menu screens.
    • User profile comments are now displayed in the top left corner of the game window instead of just as tooltip in the config app.
    • User profile authors can comfortably edit profile comments and dedicated start messages in the config app instead of just adding a comment on upload.
    • UI sliders now work in a non-linear fashion when you grab them with the mouse. Makes it easier to finetune settings.

Fixed

• Fixed an edge case where the DX11 G3D CPU workload optimizations introduced in the last vorpX version caused some flickering objects (e.g. Batman: Arkham Knight).
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent the Steam version of FarCry 3 from getting hooked.
    • Regression fixed where vorpX could lose connection to the headset after ALT+TAB or minimizing in DX10/11/12 games.
    • Bound mouse button hotkeys for buttons 4/5 (X1/X2) work again.
    • Flickering weapon/hands in Bioshock 1/2 fixed
    • Nier: Automata stereo loss after a few frames fixed.
    • Red Dead Redemption II: better menu detection, buttons now properly scaled.
    • Red Dead Redemption II: occasional depth flicker fixed.
    • Quake II (probably some other OpenGL games too) crashed on start.
    • Death Stranding hook didn’t work anymore after a recent DX12 related Windows update.
    • The infamous Far Cry 4 black screen after intro issue that some of you encountered should finally be gone.
    • Arma III could crash when launched in fullscreen mode
    • Mass Effect: Andromeda: shader fixes (unwanted temporal blur on some objects)
    • Metro Redux: FOV etc. .ini changes now working with the Epic Store version
    • Various MPC-HC related issues fixed
    ToxicMike
    Participant

Yeah!!!!

Fu** new profiles, the changes in this Version are great enough without any new profiles! I am especially thankful for “Improved immersive screen size/distance”!!!

Besten Dank und beste Grüße aus Österreich! :-))

steph12
    Participant

Congratulations for releasing such nice update !!!

HalloMolli
    Participant

Great work, Ralf! Have just tested the update for 30 minutes myself with The Sims 3 (Anna profile) and Sims 4 and everything ran flawlessly. This is a huge update for me as a G2 user (due to the OpenXR implementation). Alt-tabbing works again as well finally.

When I return home later I will give it another try. Usually I had no problems with vorpx, however, for whatever reason Dragon Age Origins (Steam) kept always crashing after 10-15 minutes of gameplay. I wonder if that has been fixed too. Anyway: Thanks again!

Zloba
    Participant

Thank you Ralf! Time to get back into Metro again.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Wow! I just had a quick go with Titanfall 2, and I must say I am super impressed by the new weapon adjustment system.

I don’t think the auto-hide timeout was working properly here, as the gun was never visible for any animations in auto-hide mode (only ads scope), but the options in the other mode – to position and scale the weapon exactly how I want – works incredibly well.

This is exactly what Titanfall 2 needed, and I am already jazzed about the possibilities with this being added to the profile authoring tool for user profiles.

Oh, and about the advanced authoring tool… I have noticed that I no longer have access to the advanced pages suddenly with this update, only the Shaders page. Do we need to request new keys?

OpenXR seems to be working great so far, and the custom profile messages are indeed appearing on the monitor, which is helful. Thanks for that Ralf.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The weapon should appear when you press one of the related gamepad buttons or keys normally. Did you maybe raise the camera height before to lower the weapon on the screen? That’s pretty much the only thing I can imagine to be the issue here.

Might make sense to link the weapon y-position to the camera height modifier now that the camera height doesn’t have to be changed anymore to change the weapon position, didn’t think of that.

Your key should still be valid. I fixed a small bug in the check routine, shouldn’t really affect its outcome though (and doesn’t here in a brief test). Probably some weird coincidence. If you need a new one, just shoot me a mail.

adzter
    Participant

Been playing Rocket League. WAY smoother than it ever was through SteamVR.
    All the judder completely gone.

Had a quick go with Battlefront2 as well. The G3D works again!
    Can’t explain it, but I won’t complain!

Only (small) issue I’ve found so far is that the Vorpx menu won’t allow me to use the xbox controller ‘A’ button to ok some options. I have to use the mouse button sometimes.

Awesome stuff Ralf. Thanks for a fantastic update.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For Windows Mixed Reality headsets this update is really quite something. WMR was always extremely clunky with SteamVR compared to other headsets. I’m really happy to have that out of the way. With OpenXR WMR headsets finally are on par with how native SteamVR headsets like Index or Vive work with SteamVR.

Stryker_66
    Participant

Just checked out a few games and without a doubt your OpenXR implementation has a very notable increase in performance. Very nice Ralf, definitely a game changer for sure.

I also love the weapon handling features, just played with that in Alien Colonial Marines. The scaling is a really nice option and for this game specific, I will do a play through. I never got into it because of the size of gun models, was immersion breaking. Not anymore!

Just a FYI for those that have a HP G2 WMR headset. I was getting no audio so I disabled “use built-in audio device” within Vorpx Control Panel and selected the “Speakers (2-Realtek USB 2.0 Audio) in the windows task bar.

I suspect you can also get the “use built-in audio device” to work if you change within SteamVR -> settings -> developer -> “Set SteamVR to OpenXR Runtime”. I have other games that need “Windows Mixed Reality” Runtime so I have gone with the first method.

Perhaps, Ralf can chime in on that if I have something wrong but this works for me perfectly.

Again, nice update Ralf and thanks for all your hard work!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Indeed, the ‘Use built in audio device’ function doesn’t work as intended for the G2. It’s not really necessary anymore anyway since all vendor runtimes have options to define how audio is supposed to be handled. Pretty much a relic of the past.

I’ll upload a quick fix later that disables the function for OpenXR. Thanks for the heads-up.

cercata
    Participant

Hey, OpenXR is working great on Reverb G1, very smooth, and now I can ALT-TAB with other apps while playing AC Origins.

I have a small issue, beside Reverb I have a Quest 2, and it seems VorpX is forcing the Windows sound to Oculus Virtual Audio Device when it starts in OpenXR mode, even if the active OpenXR runtime is WMR, so the game starts without sound.

If I change it WMR sound before launching the game, it seems VorpX doesn’t want to hook. No problem for me, I launch the game and change the sound after, just in case you wanna look it.

Edit: Just disabling “Use built in audio device” works everything perfect on launch !!!!!

angelayla
    Participant

Thank you so mucho Ralf! I’m Gotinga to try ir with my WMR!!

dborosev
    Participant

Future proofing is worth the no new profiles. Very nice.

angelayla
    Participant

Marvelous! !! I have been trying in my WMR and the performance improvement is amazing!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 180 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!