vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Warrie
    Participant

Wow, GTA 5 really runs smooth now, much better than the other alternative rendering method. Amazing work as always.

2 issues –
    The map in the left bottom itself shows correctly, but to the right of the map is another vertical bar showing a portion of a zoomed in map.

When I quit GTA 5 and restart it, I only get a black screen (G2 Reverb, OpenXR). When I open the Vorpx menu I do see that in VR, but GTA itself does not appear. Only fix is to completely restart my pc.

What I liked about the other mod is the option to recenter by shaking your head left and right, could that be integrated in Vorpx?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll definitely take a another stab at getting rid of the HUD glitch. The usual way that vorpX uses to make HUDs 3D causes this annoying glitch unfortunately in GTA V.

Not sure about your other issue. Incidentally Reverb G2/OpenXR is what I currently use too most of the time. Never encountered what you experienced. If you want, please create a troubleshoot data archive in the config app and send it to support at vorpx com. Maybe the logfile contains something useful.

steph12
    Participant

would assassin’s creed valhalla be a good candidate for AFR G3D ?

Warrie
    Participant

Someone on Reddit just posted that when you set the resolution by hand the map is fixed, but if I remember correctly it’s not a good idea to change the resolution manually, performance-wise?

I’ll send you the logfile for that other issue :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

How exactly the glitch manifests itself may indeed depend on the resolution, with the suggested 4:3 res and the HUD scale at default the minimap should just be a bit wider than it is supposed to be.

Normally you should be able to set the resolution in the vorpX menu (‘DirectVR’). If that doesn’t work, please make sure that your normal Windows user account has write access to the commandline.txt file inside your GTA V install folder. Alternatively launching both the game and vorpX as admin would also ensure that vorpX can write to the file.

On a sidenote: currently the game looks best with vorpX with a higher actual resolution instead of using the game’s resolution scaling option for upping the internal res.

Minabe
    Participant

AFR is great for more options, i personally can’t stand it but as it can help other ppl with less powerful pcs (or new, more demanding games) it’s a great feature.

ShibbyPanda72
    Participant

Not sure what happened but for some reason since the update it’s near impossible to read the game menu text in RE Village. The vorpx lettering is easy to read but the game lettering is super blurry as well as graphics in game

AnonPanda
    Participant

Redownloaded game fixed issue

Tonezone7
    Participant

I find that this update with the Mass Effect Legendary 1 profile works really well with both #1 and 2, but does not want to hook into #3 so far- is this a known issue?
    [the supported games list does not yet show this new profile, but is in the menu]

Is the Direct Vr utility still present but does not work for ME LE ?
    [really secretly hoped to play it in full direct VR]

Great job as always, playing the remaster in VR is just wonderful, they’ve upgraded the character models in high res and the locations and weather, and lighting etc., just makes it so beautiful to be “inside” that world.

Thanks again!

Dave
    Participant

+1

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla AFR Direct3D

nrosko
    Participant

How do you change resolution in the vorpx menu? I can’t see anything in the menu to change resolution.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If a profile supports automatic resolution (indicated by an according message in the top/left corner of the game window), you find the according option on the ‘Direct VR’ page of the vorpX menu, it’s labeled ‘Resolution Quality’.

Dave
    Participant

On July 13, Rockstar Games will introduce DLSS support to Red Dead Redemption 2 ! Will Vorpx AFR 3D support it ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Impossible to answer at this point, but I’m cautiously optimistic. If not, I’ll definitely check whether something can be done.

Dave
    Participant

DLSS can be the gamechanger to get a decent performance in your RDR2 Project. Many user with a mainstream Graphic Card will be able to play it, if DLSS is an option. For myself with RTX 3080, i will be able to play it in very sharp resolutions with medium or high details. I cross my fingers for you !

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 180 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!