vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Just to clarify, its a problem with the keyboard keys, the mouse works fine.

Ralf
    Keymaster

First please make sure that both your Windows 10 and the WMR software are fully up-to-date. OpenXR is still very much a moving target, everything has to be up-to-date. The Windows 10 version should be the current feature release dubbed 20H2. You can check that by clicking on the start button and typing ‘winver’ + Enter.

If you are sure, everything is up-to-date, please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after launching a few games and send that to support at vorpx com.

Stryker_66
    Participant

Again, it seems like a keyboard issue with the key input lagging, so the movement is messed up, and radial menus lag. Almost like the new mouse input causing the keyboard to jam up.

I don’t anything about your setup but do you have a Keyboard/Mouse combo that is using some sort of “profile” or “programming” software? Example, I have Logitech products (Programmable Keypad) and this has what’s called a “Gamepad/Joystick Emulator” driver that has given the problems you’ve described with some of my games. My remedy was to go into “Device Manager” and right click this “Gamepad/Joystick Emulator” and disable it. I no longer have these problems.

USB device drivers are often culprits for these kinds of issues. Suggestion is to look in this area and troubleshoot which may or may not solve your problem.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ dborosoev: Can’t really say anything else right now. I’m currently reinstalling the Steam version to check that one too for you, just to be sure it’s not some issue that only occurs with the Steam version. Other than that: apart from apparently noone else having this problem so far I have no clue in general how the game’s keyboard input should have been broken by vorpX. Nothing is impossible, of course.

I’ll keep an eye on any potentially incoming report that sounds somehow similar.

What you could try on your end is checking whether the issue also occurs when you use your VR controllers in keyboard/mouse mode. That might also be a viable workaround for your problem BTW, VR controllers can be used either as gamepad or keyboard/mouse. Even if they fail in kb/m mode, maybe you can use them as gamepad.

Edit: Steam version also working fine here.

rustyshackleford
    Participant

@Ralf Playing Portal 2. Weapon hiding stops working after I run the directvr scan.

forlaunchcast
    Participant

Hey dborosev, I’ll try to check RDR2 with mouse/keyboard in cinema as soon as I get a chance. Just FYI, that my version is from Rockstar only. Will keep you/Ralf posted.

forlaunchcast
    Participant

Can’t figure out to edit post….

Ok, ran RDR2 from Rockstar with 100% Mouse/Keyboard in immersive mode. No keyboard WASD lag issues at all. Sorry I can’t duplicate the issue. It seems to run flawlessly.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ rusty:

Try to reset the profile to default in the config app. If you played the game before with vorpX, the settings might not have been fully updated with everything the weapon hide feature needs. Also please don’t change any settings that affect the game FOV (e.g. the ImageZoom value). The default is right anyway.

On a sidenote: odd that you have to run the scanner at all. For Portal 2 the scan results are fully cacheable, and the profile comes with an updated cache for the latest game version (until the next game update makes a re-scan nevessary). Try to delete the ‘C:\ProgramData\Animation Labs\vorpX\Cache\dvr’ folder, maybe vorpX couldn’t replace an older cache file or something.

rustyshackleford
    Participant

@Ralf I’m actually playing the Portal 2 mod called Portal Reloaded. When I launch the base game no issues, but the mod requires a directvr scan to get the fov right i guess.

sergeant82nd
    Participant

I have been playing ACV with no issues until the update. Now I can’t even pull up vorpx menu with the delete key and the game thinks I have no gamepad.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Assuming ACV means Assassin’s Creed Valhalle, there is no official profile for game currently since 3D doesn’t work 100% reliable., so I can’t really say much.

Try to remove the user profile that you used and re-import it from the cloud. That way its settings would change back to the defaults the profile author had dialed in.

sergeant82nd
    Participant

Yes sorry its AC Valhalla. Just thought it was strange I couldn’t even get the vorpx menu to come up with the default delete key. I’m not giving you a hard time I love your work!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked the game, there seems to be some issue with getting it into foreground, which would also explain why you can’t open the vorpX menu. Same thing for AC:Odyssey (which definitely is supposed to work).

I have a hunch, but am not 100% sure, have to take a closer look at that. Not today though. It’s almost midnight over here, time to call it a day.

dborosev
    Participant

@forlaunchcast, thanks for trying. I guess its something on my end messing with vorpX thats causing it. Works fine without VorpX, and with VorpX right up until the new update. Oh well I’ll try to track it down over the next few days.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ dborosov: Did you get my mail earlier today? Following the procedure in the mail will allow you to check whether your issue is related to the update or not. Considering that forlaunchcast also wasn’t able to reproduce it, I suspect it isn’t. The only way to know for sure however is you checking it.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 180 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!