vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

You have to use the OK&SAVE button in the vorpX menu, that should store the settings in the database.

When you close the vorpX menu just with OK or the e.g. the B button on the gamepad they aren’t saved. I actually wanted to change the latter for this update, but forgot about it.

Megablaster
    Participant

I use the *ok & save button but it still refuses to save my settings. I’m forced to reload my settings every time I restart any game, Ralf. Or maybe I’m forgetting something. I’ve got DOA 6 running with great 3-D & I’d like like to upload it & a couple of others. I’ll recheck my settings & try *saving again. Thanks for the reply.

dborosev
    Participant

Gamepad seems to work.
    Outstanding work on this, its quite good actually. My computer may not be quite powerful enough, but I’ll play with it for sure.

Ralf
    Keymaster

With a 1080 you will definitely have to settle for graphics settings below what one would wish for. To get 60-90fps at a high res and with high settings that looks really great something more powerful is required.

Touch controllers have to be set to gamepad emulation in the vorpX menu. That should work (just checked to be sure). Maybe you didn’t reset the profile when vorpX asked about that? The reset would have taken care of adjusting everything. I use these prompts as sparsely as possible, but whenever you see them, there have been so profound changes to a profile that you definitely should do the recommended settings reset.

dborosev
    Participant

Yep first thing I did was a reset.
    But the gamepad works fine so its all good. (probably something I did or didn’t set at some point)
    I may wait until I do a computer upgrade later this year to play this one. I want to see it in all its glory.
    I did experience one semi-crash where the framerate of the entire headset went to about 1 fps permanently in game. Menus, gameplay, everything. Seemed like a vorpx new alternate eye thing as it popped into edgepeek mode as well. Anyhow just thought I’d report it.
    For the most part it worked wonderfully. Just need a new pc sometime soon. :)
    Maybe GTA is more my speed for now.

dborosev
    Participant

Also just some feedback on the resolutions:

“Res: 3:4 is a bit too narrow. I would suggest a 4:3 res instead”

I was initially running at 1920×1440 which is 4:3, and it was very blurry.
    Thats why I changed it to 1440×1920 and the blurriness went away.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately the game’s antialiasing is quite blurry, hence you need a high resolution to make it look totally crisp. A 4:3 res that fits the bill would be 2560×1920. You can pretty much forget about that without a high-end PC though. If you’re lucky, everything set to minimum in the game’s graphics options might work for your GTX1080 at that resolution. *might*

Decent performance is even more important with Alternate Frame 3D than it is normally since each eye only gets updated every other frame. You can’t have it both ways with your machine. It’s either perfect graphics or acceptable performance. Not both at the same time for a game as demanding as RDR2.

Jarilo
    Participant

I’m not sure why but after this patch that just got pushed my left “alt” key binds as “shift” instead for some reason. lol

dellrifter22
    Participant

4:3 @ 2304×1728 is a good balance of G3D clarity and performance in most games with my HPG1. You can also lower your image zoom down a bit to increase the pixel density. I can go a little below .90 before the screen edge becomes noticeable.

Just curious… besides the obvious performance advantage, is there a reason it must be alternate frame rendering? Is normal G3D SBS not possible in a similar fashion?

@ Jarilo I did notice that the vorpX overide keys are now working again, so I had to go to the input page of delete menu and set Alt key override to NO, and now I can use they Alt key as normal.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The main advantage in the special case of GTAV/RDR2 is that it’s done by directly manipulating the ingame cameras with modding functions, much, much simpler than how vorpX normally creates G3D, which essentially involves re-writing half the D3D API.

There is a reason why noone does 3D this way normally though. Even with the frame interpolation trickery that can make rotation feel right in VR you still always have two images rendered at two different points in time. Any motion except first person rotation, where the oddities can be tricked away, will never look right. Fast forward/backward motion can even feel extremely uncomfortable since the left and right images don’t really match at all.

That being said, it was fairly low hanging fruit and apparently some consider it OK, so why not? I’ll check in the future what games might also be candidates for the method.

dborosev
    Participant

I’m not sure why but after this patch that just got pushed my left “alt” key binds as “shift” instead for some reason. lol

My left Alt key went bye bye as well, right after the patch. Edit: Ah, just saw Dellrifters comment too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please be aware that this ALT-blocking feature exists for a reason since some vorpX hotkeys also use the ALT key, I didn’t just put this option in because I felt like it. :) In some games disabling the lock can – and will – cause issues. E.g. in GTAV disabling it will cause seemingly mysterious video clip recordings since ALT is the game’s recording hotkey.

Better either rebind any game action that uses ALT or alternatively the vorpX hotkeys you regularly use that involve pressing ALT.

Jarilo
    Participant

Ah thanks you all, that makes sense, I was like what the heck, am I going crazy and is my keyboard trolling me?. I’ve mapped out my ALT keys in VorpX to other things previously to begin with.

onetoo
    Participant

I tried GTA V. It looks good so far. I’m using the Quest 2 via AirLink. I have the Touch controllers mapped to the gamepad, but that’s not working. I tried the KB&M but it’s conflicting with the Manual Transmission mod. I haven’t tried my wheel yet. The driving is a bit weird too with the acceleration the left stick.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just in case: if you played the game before this update with vorpX, please reset the profile to default once.

The gamepad should work natively now, car controls shouldn’t differ at all from playing the game without vorpX. Prior to this update vorpX had to override the gamepad to enable head tracking, but that is not necessary anymore.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 180 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!