vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    forlaunchcast
    Participant

Fellow WMR-er here (Reverb G1). Can’t wait to finish my work day and give this a whirl. While WMR headsets might be low proportion overall, I’d put money that the vorpx community has a higher concentration given, for vorpx, picture quality is way more important than foolproof tracking. In sum, for vorpx community, getting WMR weaned off of SteamVR is an awesome direction!

Laser
    Participant

Yeah, great improvement for us Reverbers, before I was struggling with even older games, now I could bump the resolution up considerably.

Thanks for the update.

dborosev
    Participant

Red Dead controls no longer work properly. There is some definite wonkiness, I think with the new mouse cursor scheme. Its impossible to control, he runs around seemingly at random, like the keys are sticking. Menus take seconds to load then don’t work and don’t go away. Movement is almost non-responsive.

forlaunchcast
    Participant

I play RDR2 in cinema mode with controller. Just tried it and had no issues. Seems smoother and the menu highlight box now lines up with applicable option.

dborosev
    Participant

I’m sure the controller is fine as it doesn’t have to do with the mouse/keyboard input.

ShibbyPanda72
    Participant

Just got the update. Now my astro A-50s won’t have sound in them when vorpx attaches. before it worked fine and it still works fine if not using vorpx. I’m on a quest 2

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ ShibbyPanda72: Untick the “Use built-in audio device” checkbox in the config app. vorpX now switches to the Quest audio device automatically, which didn’t work before.

@ dborosev: I’m not really sure if I understand the issue, but I’ll check the game later. The game’s first ingame menu screen that pops up after pressing ESC is fairly sluggish even without vorpX if that’s what you mean.

HalloMolli
    Participant

Sigh. Dragon Age Origins is still randomly crashing after 10-15 minutes. Other than that no problems so far. Really appreciate this update.

RJK_
    Participant

Ive made a sortable list where you can get a quick overview of which game is working with the new wepaon hide function. Anyone can update the list by clicking a red game. ( I didnt want to overload the engine checker with that.)
    awsome invention Ralf !

steph12
    Participant

Sigh. Dragon Age Origins is still randomly crashing after 10-15 minutes. Other than that no problems so far. Really appreciate this update.

do you use the 64 bits patch ?

4GB Patch

steam discussion about this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233222451

without this patch my games crashe as well, with this patch my game doesnt crash.
    and yeah i’m using mods that doesnt help to have a stable game either.

dborosev
    Participant

@Ralf,
    No, there seems to be some conflict going on with the keyboard controls. For the most part, the mouse camera movement in 3rd person is fine, but moving around with wasd keys, using the radial menus is very bonked. Lag in key inputs, keys being stuck on (like if I start walking forward, he just stays going forward for 10 seconds), the radial menus will pop up when I hit tab, but then stay up long after I let go. Like 5-10 second lag with most keyboard input.

HalloMolli
    Participant

@Ralf,
    No, there seems to be some conflict going on with the keyboard controls. For the most part, the mouse camera movement in 3rd person is fine, but moving around with wasd keys, using the radial menus is very bonked. Lag in key inputs, keys being stuck on (like if I start walking forward, he just stays going forward for 10 seconds), the radial menus will pop up when I hit tab, but then stay up long after I let go. Like 5-10 second lag with most keyboard input.

No, in fact, I did not patch my game! So this explains a lot. Thank you so much for sharing this with me!

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ dborosev : Checked with a gamepad earlier and after reading your post I checked again with mouse and keyboard. The radial menu works perfectly fine here, I pretty much did nothing but selecting objects with the mouse wheel for a few minutes.

Not sure what to recommend other than generic stuff like resetting game settings and the vorpX profile to default or checking your GPU drivers are up-to-date. Might sound super-silly, but if your mouse is wireless, maybe try fresh batteries.

Since there have been no other reports like yours so far, currently I’m leaning towards thinking that this is likely some mysterious issue with your setup. If it’s a an actual, more widespread vorpX issue, there should be more reports like yours coming in shortly. I’ll keep an eye on that.

dborosev
    Participant

@Ralf,
    Very strange indeed. Both the radial menu and movement are both completely bonkers, and it happened right after the update. I’ve been playing this game daily for weeks.
    Again, it seems like a keyboard issue with the key input lagging, so the movement is messed up, and radial menus lag. Almost like the new mouse input causing the keyboard to jam up.
    Well I guess I’ll have to wait and see if anyone else shares the issue.

someskunkfunk
    Participant

I’m having trouble getting games to hook in openxr mode that all hook fine in steam vr mode. So far only Shadow of the Tomb Raider hooks in XR mode and doesn’t crash at start. It also runs much more smoothly than through steam vr so I can see the update working as intended for that but other games either hang and I get the message about it taking longer than expected, do I want to install hook helpers etc… also tried that to no avail and some start the triangle fade out in WMR then it crashes right back to cliff house. These are some I’ve tried:
    BFV – hangs
    SWBF2 – hangs
    Witcher 3 – fadeout and crash in wmr, game continues to run on monitor
    Dishonored – fadeout and crash in wmr, game continues to run on monitor

HMD is G2, RTX3090 GPU

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 180 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 21.2.3 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!