vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    luka2099
    Participant

Wow the new release is awesome! the gesture function, makes it really good.
    I would like an explanation of the various parameters if it were possible, because what is written in the menu as information is not very clear.
    I find the dx12 hookup improved, even if some games I have to start them with openxr rather than with steamvr, while others the opposite.

with titanfall 2 i had to remove the hide weapon function to have a nice effect with the rifle gesture,
    in Forza Horizon 5 instead, the steering wheel gesture works well, I need to figure out how to best adjust the sensitivity of the steering. the problem is that the sensitivity of gestures creates some problems. Let me explain, it doesn’t take much to lose the “signal” of the steering wheel gesture. a suggestion could be the possibility to activate the gesture with a key, for example the left grip. so that beyond the position of the hands, the gesture of the steering wheel starts. I hope I was clear .

VRified Games
    Participant

thank you :)

Ralph
    Participant

I was very concerned about vorpx, and am so relieved about this beta release. Vorpx has a future and that is so important for myself that you can’t even imagine that. Without vorpx my gaming hobby will die !

I hope that the release of Starfield, The last of Us and the Cyberpunk DLC will relieve me in the same way, and will vorp the gaming industrie to the good old times !

Ralf
    Keymaster

@luka: Thanks! Recentering head tracking (alt+space or in the vorpX menu) may help with the steering gesture if it loses track occasionally.

luka2099
    Participant

@luka: Thanks! Recentering head tracking (alt+space or in the vorpX menu) may help with the steering gesture if it loses track occasionally.

Yes! With this advice , work better !

dborosev
    Participant

Interesting to see where this goes.

Ralph
    Participant

I hope 2023 will be a good vorpx year even for gamepad gamer ! What gamepad vorpx user need are a new bunch of official vorpx profiles !

But I wish the native vr gamer the success with this new vorpx update !

dellrifter22
    Participant

Any chance you could sneak a small adjustment to the authoring tool for testing in the beta?

The Stereo 3D Multiplier shader modifier currently works great for decreasing 3D strength for selected shaders, but there are times when I need to increase the the 3D strength beyond the default. Some games have arm and weapon models very flat looking, compared to the game world behind, and it is very eye straining.

This is probably due to the low fov set for first-person viewmodels, and I realize that simply increasing their 3D strength might not translate perfectly for natural 3D, but I think it could be better than nothing in these cases.

Of course a full fov and positional override of the viewmodels like you did with Titanfall 2 would be best, but if at the very least you could allow the current multiplier to go higher, I would like to try it out.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll add an extra shader type for weapons and viewmodel stuff instead. That’s a better solution since it would allow to disable the shader definition if both viewmodel shader definitions and auto weapon hide are enabled in a profile. Might prove useful once I finally get the UI for the weapon hide ready…

Technically the viewmodel shader type actually exists already, was added for future use ages ago. It just doesn’t do anything currently, hence it can’t be selected in the UI. Shouldn’t take too long to make it change the stereo separation instead of doing nothing, so that will definitely make into the next beta.

Edit:

Better idea: Why not use the viewmodel shader definition as a manual flag for the auto weapon hide feature. Not quite sure whether that will work out, but I’ll try that first and if it doesn’t work out, it will be handled as described above.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Great! Assuming the auto weapon hide feature set includes stereo separation.

If it can also adjust position like Titanfall 2 – even better.

Thanks for getting this in.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Provided this actually works as planned, you’ll be able to tweak the perceived weapon scale with the ‘Weapon FOV’ and the ‘Weapon 3D-Strength’ settings in the menu, just like in games that currently have weapon hide functionality.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Works beautifully, at least technically. Not sure how many games actually use different shaders for rendering the view model, so this might be of limited use, but since it only took a few hours to implement, I’d consider it worth it anyway.

In the long run a decent authoring UI for the automatic viewmodel detection might make more sense. I haven’t forgotten about that, there are just so many other things…

VRified Games
    Participant

Beatibg up school kids,with the BETA Gesture System in Bully 1st person VR

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that there will be a new beta on Thursday, in case you are wondering what happened to the ‘this weekend’-release that I mentioned in another thread ten days or so ago. Bringing the virtual monitor stuff to a point that I consider release-worthy (as always) took somewhat longer than I thought it would originally.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Really looking forward to this Ralf. I’ve been resisting the urge to play with the Beta so far, but maybe I’ll bite the bullet on this next beta version and give it a whirl. Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 23.1.0 BETA’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!