vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 11 posts - 301 through 311 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Marozaki
    Participant

I played GTA5 in the beta version.
    Gestures were perfect for driving and shooting, but they had the following problems.

・Even when I get out of the car, the viewpoint cannot be moved from the top of the car.
    ・Because the HUD size is 0.40, the GPS and route layers are displayed out of sync.
    ・Edge peek becomes impossible and a bug occurs where you take out your phone.

I have high expectations for the future of vorpX.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I tried installing the beta but the vorpx service won’t start. The vorpx log contains the following:

INF: VorpControl: Starting (32bit, version 23.1.0).
    INF: VorpControl: Starting elevated (32bit, version 23.1.0).
    INF: vorpControl: Processing cmd switch: -startService
    INF: WinHelper::ServiceStart: Service start pending…
    INF: WinHelper::ServiceStart: Service started successfully.
    ERR: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I obviously don’t know that error means but fyi. Back to the old version.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That‘s just a dev message I forgot to remove. Occasionally I use easy to spot stuff like that to briefly check whether or when a certain point in code is reached.

You can safely ignore this message. It‘s not an actual error.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Hmm. Well, I checked the service control panel and the service wasn’t running, nor was vorpcontrol.exe.

Not a real issue with me, I’m not interested in the gestures at this point but thought the virtual desktop looked pretty cool.

joprysko
    Participant

I notice sometimes it will launch then crap out and not want to start. Logging out and back in will fix the issue for me, so you may want to try that.

gellu
    Participant

– Gesture editor for rifle aim is not working as expected tried to assign all possible axis — not working, trigger button is possible to assign only for right click, not possible to assign to left trigger gamepad.
    – left handed mode swapping controllers including start button (and this button is preserved for re-centering and activating dash). If you go to update button mapping— there no option to swap that buttons only, and remap to left controller — it gone.(not only beta problem)
    – gamepad emulation is mapping to keyboard buttons, which not always matches game situation, like for Starfield, button up/down/left/right maps to 1/2/3/4 and when you are controlling ship —- it has combination of alt + arrows, so it is safer to have virtual gamepad and map binding through that, virtual controller. Also it would help with on screen hints, because they all shows keyboard keys, but overlay for touch shows xbox buttons.

GoooRooo
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying get Cyberpunk running on latest beta, but this pop-up window is asking to update components (recommended) or continue. I cannot move mouse cursor with both mouse and controllers, so I cannot click this menu item. Also, I can move selection with cursor keys, but cannot confirm with enter or space.

How can I select required menu item?

sd_tom
    Participant

just started playing with the beta after using the regular since october. Is there a way to get rid of the “start room” that is new? Or, have something on the left controller to dismiss it. Why? The way my setup is (star citizen) there is already too much crap on my desk with HOSAS and I only need the left hand controller to run SteamLink (new to Oculus). Having to have the RH controller to dismiss it and nothing else is less than ideal.

Smoils
    Participant

just started playing with the beta after using the regular since october. Is there a way to get rid of the “start room” that is new? Or, have something on the left controller to dismiss it. Why? The way my setup is (star citizen) there is already too much crap on my desk with HOSAS and I only need the left hand controller to run SteamLink (new to Oculus). Having to have the RH controller to dismiss it and nothing else is less than ideal.

No way currently to get rid of it, Ralf promised to remove it after first launch in next version. Only thing now is first time you launch it asks you to go through whole thing with arrows forst before you can press a/e but after that you can just press a/e straight away on a controller or keyboard, but screen will always pop up on each launch for now

Ralf
    Keymaster

The start room will stay like it is: going through the tutorial on first launch, one click exit afterwards. Extremely unlikely that I promised anything else anywhere.

Suggestions are always welcome, but saying I’ll consider a suggestion is not a promise to implement it 1:1. To prevent misconceptions as much as possible I actually explicitely add a ‘no promises’ disclaimer on such occasions. Should I really have forgotten that when you made your suggestion (unlikely but not impossible, of course): sorry for the confusion.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thread closed. vorpX 24.1.0 has been released, the beta cycle has ended.

Viewing 11 posts - 301 through 311 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 23.1.0 BETA’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!