Windows Mixed Reality with VorpX?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Windows Mixed Reality with VorpX?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Nivarius
    Participant

Hey guys,

so as the title states: does it work? Will it work in the near future? As far as i know the Windows MR do work with SteamVr.

Considering buying one due to higher clarity of the screen.

Cheers!

Kimerus
    Participant

I ordered the HP windows mixed reality headset and would love to use vorpx with it too. Any news?

Ralf
    Keymaster

WMR headsets will work with vorpX through Steam VR.

I’m not sure whether Steam VR drivers are available already for all WMR headsets, but as soon as the headset manufacturers have their Steam VR drivers fully functional, WMR headsets will work like any other Steam VR headset.

Kimerus
    Participant

Thank you. Steam VR is in closed beta for developers right now and Microsoft announced that it will be publicly available by the end of the year. Looking forward to Steam VR for WMR!

Thick8
    Participant

So glad to hear this. My Odyssey should ship Monday. Can’t wait…

dimensionaldude
    Participant

So glad to hear this. My Odyssey should ship Monday. Can’t wait…

Please give a follow-up of your impressions of VorpX with the Odyssey. How well it works with it is one of my considerations for pulling the trigger on it.

Thick8
    Participant

Got the Odyssey on Monday. The overall clarity is great compared to the Oculus or Vive. Nice big clear sweet spot as well. The SteamVR drivers are supposed to drop on Wednesday. I’ll let you know if Vorpx works.

Kimerus
    Participant

I have the HP HMD with VorpX but I can’t get games in vr. They just started in desktop, but my HMD continues to display the Cliff House. What can I do? I set “Generic Device” but I have a “none” in the Head Tracker section.

Ralf
    Keymaster

WMR headsets will work with vorpX through Steam VR.

I’m not sure whether Steam VR drivers are available already for all WMR headsets, but as soon as the headset manufacturers have their Steam VR drivers fully functional, WMR headsets will work like any other Steam VR headset.

If a Steam VR driver is already available for your headset, you have to install Steam VR and then select “Steam VR (HTC Vive)” as your headset in vorpX.

VRluvin
    Participant

Has anyone got this too work? I have the Samsung mixed reality headset. I have not been able to get the virtual theater to work in either steam VR itself or VORPX (the superior virtual gaming theater). I waited until the consumer version of steam VR/mixed reality software release but still no go.
    If anyone had got this too work then I will try to uninstall and reinstall everything to get things working but if no one has yet, it’ll save me the multiple prolonged failed attempts.
    I also have the Oculus Rift and the vive and both work flawlessly (thanks for the hard work), but I would like to virtual game (witcher 3 (in 3d)/rtcw new Colossus) with the higher resolution.
    Thanks for any info.

Thick8
    Participant

It all works for me.
    Start the WindowsVR app, then the SteamVR app, then OculusVR, then VorpX. So far I’ve tried DCS, HL2, Skyrim, and SkyrimSE. So far everything has worked. The Virtual gaming theater works as well. I run the VR programs as administrator so that might be making the difference if you are not.
    How to run programs as administrator:
    1. right click on the program icon.
    2. Left click on the “compatibility” tab.
    3. Left click on the “run as administrator” box.
    Do this for all 3 VR managers as well as VorpX.
    This will insure that the program will run in administrator mode each time you use it.

VRluvin
    Participant

Thank you, yes this made a difference. I’m able to load witcher in 3d virtual theater. Froze after 10 min but it was noticable difference in quality from the first gen VR screens. Now to get it a bit more stable…
    Again thanks for the reply as I gave up, thinking it would be an update further down the road.
    Game on!
    … And thanks Ralf for all the hard work getting this to work with all these games that were not designed for this!

krogan
    Participant

i got the lenova today and installed the new steam mixed reality driver.
    It doesnt appear to like the touch controllers and the message lost tracking with blinkin controller icon. I only can use the touch controller in the house i can teleport and click on the movie and photo windows on the walls the left controller seems to flake out even here thou . i installed the halo recruit demo and my field of view was off i was below the floor and could see the pistols if i looked straight up. I am retired and find the controllers very sensitive my hands are a bit shaky and i think id be better of with a xbox controller . I will try resetting controllers to factory defaults and see if that helps. Hope its not the blue tooth adapter its iogear . Let me know if anyone has got new steam app working properly

Thick8
    Participant

I’m assuming you also have the Rift. Do you have all the pertinent programs running that I listed above. You may even Need Revive running as well.

krogan
    Participant

no i removed oculus as i got an error first time i set up lenova but i think it was the displayport to hdmi adaptor so i switched my monitor and lenova hdmi connector.
    steam vr seems to work without controllers as i am able to use the free bigscreen software from steam that uses keyboard, and the demo the lab loads but as touch controllers dont work i cant play it. i dont have option for admin rights on steam vr

icon just vorpx has admin rights for launching but doesnt work when i try skyrim with settings on generic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!