Windows Mixed Reality with VorpX?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Windows Mixed Reality with VorpX?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    krogan
    Participant

Just an update on lenova if when starting mixed reality portal if ur choosing seated look left and right but dont look down at floor if u do when u play halo recruit you will be viewing from floor and tracking wont work, now i got halo recruit to work properly . As for steam vr i can only use the big screen program and i used iut to play eso in 2d for 3 hours straight. The text chat is super clear and the sides of screen arent blurry i can see the whole screen perfectly and the screen door effect isnt noticeable even in white screens u can barely make out pixels. It is also so light and comfortable with no light leakage from nose area. I recommend this hmd i hope my controller tracking is issue with iogear bluetooth, if not i will return and
    get a replacement. As yet no vorpx so no 3d sigh

krogan
    Participant

I got tracking to work in steam I didnt realize u have to have a lighted room ,I have acer projector so i have lights out. The next problem is u cant use seated setup as it needs boundaries to engage the 6 dof. Not sure where i place headset when i do this since it looses tracking when im in between headset and controller while i do room setup
    I have a 7 by 15 foot room with projector and recliner and tv etc so not sure if i can do it .

krogan
    Participant

i installed oculus and revive but when i set vorpx on generic or oculus rift no
    thng happens im still in steam vr room the revive shows up on dashbard when i launch skyrim so i click on it wirh controller trigger. I think ralph said earlier to use steam vive so i wont run oculus when i try that next. 3 am im pooped.

Thick8
    Participant

I don’t select generic, I select Vive. You can set up room scale in the Windows cliff house if you want room scale. Then just turn off the boundary lines from the left side of the mixed reality screen.
    To fix the floor height in the Steam house click on one of the programs in the middle pane and select details. Then open the steam settings and follow the directions to set the floor height.
    Yes the lights must be on and you can’t be looking at a blank wall. I face away from my desk to where I have curtains and pictures hanging on the wall. I will probably put up a ceiling border as well as I loose tracking when looking strait up.

krogan
    Participant

YAY its working with steam vive, the only thing left is this artifact when im using cinema mode is the avatars face or head gear sitting in the theatre is partly noticable like my fov is like im almost inside his head and can notice the polygons at the edge of my vision. its barely noticeable but still annoying. So thick8 when ur making your boundary using the controller where do u have your headset? Since you cant leave it in the middle since the controller looses tracking if you go behind it or to the side of it?

dunkeroni
    Participant

I still can’t get anything to be stable in VorpX on the Samsung HMD Odyssey. Every game I run freezes within the first ~10 minutes. I mostly test with Skyrim since it reliably crashes during the opening sequence or start menu.

I’ve tried adjusting all the rendering settings, higher and lower resolutions, all 3D modes, turned off anti-virus, vsync, ran everything in administrator mode, and a long list of other system/game specific stability fixes. Regular SteamVR games run fine, only VorpX crashes everything it runs in supported DirectVR games as well as unsupported games just in 2D cinema mode.

This is a new computer with a fresh install of Windows 10. Everything is up to date. i7-7700K and GTX1080, I get stable 45/90 framerates up until it stutters and freezes a few minutes into gameplay. I’ve read through and tried everything in the general debug info, as well as every WMR post with suggestions. Is anyone else having this issue, or does anyone have a suggestion that isn’t already mentioned here?

cornfzd
    Participant

dunkeroni, I second your finding with the WMR Samsung Odyssey. I tried DirectVR with Borderland Pre-seq, and Virtual Cinema with Mass Effect Andromeda. I tried both a couple time, with restarting SteamVR, VorpX, and the computer. It locks up after a very short time in game. The game itself seems to freeze as you can see your controller still tracked (that look like Vive wands).

I do not recommend anyone with Windows Mixed Reality buy VorpX until it’s officially supported. There is no way to get your money back, if it doesn’t work.

krogan
    Participant

the lenova works fine in cinema mode eso online looks fantastic in z 3d mode

Longtree
    Participant

I’d love to know if Ralph can gives some feedback on this. I’m on the point of buying but I have a Windows MR set and I’m not sure if will work correctly.

prophet360
    Participant

This message is mainly for krogan , but I will gladly hear anyone.

the lenova works fine in cinema mode eso online looks fantastic in z 3d mode

Could you give a detailed install guide? I too have a lenovo and I have been trying forever and I cannot get ANYTHING to work (not even ESO). Well, I got the cinema but I could not launch anything as I have no cursor. If I used my regular mouse to click on the icon on my regular (non-HMD) desktop, it would just launch on my regular monitor. What am I missing?

krogan
    Participant

i think if u run in windowed mode u wont have cursor problem

krogan
    Participant

also make sure u have apps in background minimized like steam and mixed reality menu

Violins77
    Participant

I agree, we need official word from Ralph to mention if it has plan to be supported or not, as there is no way to refund if it doesn’t work properly. I am really close to buying, but would just like official word on compatibility with Mixed Reality. I have a Samsung Odyssey.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nothing to announce regarding native WMR support at this time. I will evaluate the options for vorpX in this regard early next year and then decide whether native support makes sense or not.

Currently Steam VR is the way to go. However, a lot seems to depend on the headset vendor’s Steam VR drivers. Judging from the posts here so far, Samsung seems to be more problematic, while others, e.g. Lenovo, seem to work fine. That’s based on a fairly small amount of feedback though, so take it with a grain of salt. As an Oddyssey owner I would currently wait until Samsung’s Steam VR implementation matures a bit more.

Violins77
    Participant

Nothing to announce regarding native WMR support at this time. I will evaluate the options for vorpX in this regard early next year and then decide whether native support makes sense or not.

Currently Steam VR is the way to go. However, a lot seems to depend on the headset vendor’s Steam VR drivers. Judging from the posts here so far, Samsung seems to be more problematic, while others, e.g. Lenovo, seem to work fine. That’s based on a fairly small amount of feedback though, so take it with a grain of salt. As an Oddyssey owner I would currently wait until Samsung’s Steam VR implementation matures a bit more.

Thank you for responding. I also do not think native support is required, SteamVR could do just fine, but just a sanity check of Vorpx to make sure nothing is broken when using the SteamVR driver for Mixed Reality would be a good addition. If it is indeed crashing in 15 min on some headset, this has probably something to do with Vorpx as SteamVR games themselves work usually fine.

Also, the Mixed Reality support analog sticks, even in steamVR mode, which is something different than the vive.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!