Windows Mixed Reality with VorpX?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Windows Mixed Reality with VorpX?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    spacecadet102
    Participant

Ralf ^^^

Ralf
    Keymaster

You don’t have to care about the refresh rate normally. Whenever possible vorpX disables any vsync and then provides its own frame timing, 45fps with FluidSync enabled and 90fps with FluidSync disabled.

To be extra sure that works as intended you can force disable VSync in your graphics driver, but usually that should not be required.

spacecadet102
    Participant

You don’t have to care about the refresh rate normally. Whenever possible vorpX disables any vsync and then provides its own frame timing, 45fps with FluidSync enabled and 90fps with FluidSync disabled.

To be extra sure that works as intended you can force disable VSync in your graphics driver, but usually that should not be required.

Thank you sir. Keep up the excellent work! ;)

spacecadet102
    Participant

Any idea when vorpx 18.0 is getting released? I’m excited. I saw you mention it somewhere on the forum and am also hoping the Win MR support is included… :) The trackpad is crap and I want to use the thumbstick to move. Plus looking at Vive wands to see controls while holding a Win MR controller is confusing. BTW…It seems to me that the Win MR works better than Oculus FPS wise playing Skyrim. Seems very stable and smooth.

Sgt_Nick_Fury
    Participant

Are there plans to support the WMR format directly? Given the popularity of these sets I am hoping so. Given the price of software I really want to know my Odyssey is going to have full support coming and not be the red headed step child. Given it has identical screen to the upcoming Vive Pro..I would hope it will…..but reading through the posts I think I am going to wait and see if Vorpx starts to support the WMR sets directly. STEAMVR and WMR for STEAMVR causes quite a bit of overhead and slow down.

spacecadet102
    Participant

I am blown away. Not only does the Samsung Odyssey work with Skyrim on Vorpx, but it works better than my Rift does. WAY better! Since the pixel count is almost 2x as high I can turn down the resolution and get a way better solid FPS. Not only that but when I turned the res down it looked better than a higher res on my Rift and the FPS was crap on the Rift with a higher res due to my only having a GTX970. The FPS was SOLID on the Odyssey. I think it only skipped/stuttered like 2x in about 1 to 2hours. Now Vorpx just needs the WinMR controllers thumbstick support and the in-game visualization of the controllers and it will be great. Also the ability to customize its controls. VR in general needs the ability to customize controls btw. Would def prefer an entire new setting for Win MR as opposed to Steam VR for both Vive and Windows MR. Great though. I’m very happy so far. :D Thanks Ralf.

Phubarrh
    Participant

Can anyone point to a guide for starting out with VorpX in Windows Mixed Reality? I just spent an hour or so with my Lenovo Explorer in Skyrim SE, but I get the feeling there’s still so much more I can do to get it running. For a start…on the configuration menu, what should I use as my device selection, “SteamVR” or “Generic VR Headset”?

spacecadet102
    Participant

Can anyone point to a guide for starting out with VorpX in Windows Mixed Reality? I just spent an hour or so with my Lenovo Explorer in Skyrim SE, but I get the feeling there’s still so much more I can do to get it running. For a start…on the configuration menu, what should I use as my device selection, “SteamVR” or “Generic VR Headset”?

SteamVR mode
    Make sure to run the directVR scan and center view with the other button on the in-game menu first page.
    You can get to the in-game menu by hitting Delete
    set to geometry mode if you can maintain game FPS of at least 45fps so directVR mode can run at 90fps. You can see keybinds in the vorpX configuration application in the “In-game key bindings” section but pressing Alt f in game will display vorpx FPS info.
    If you can not maintain 45FPS game fps so directVR fps is 90 + or – 1 or 2 fluxuating or solid so moving looks smooth then you need to lower your settings/turn off shadows(Not sure how in Special Edition). Or just lower resolution(5:4 resolutions work best for Skyrim LE…not sure about SE).
    Skyrim LE or Vanilla is recommended for vorpX last I heard.Skyrim SE is not recommended. Not sure if that has changed.
    z-normal or z-adaptive are similar and honestly I can not tell the difference between the two. They are an alternative if your pc can not handle geometry mode. I prefer geometry though because it looks more 3D to me. More real. I got it working barely and I got a gtx970 so you can use that for reference. Your experience may differ drastically because I use Skyrim LE and not SE.
    Any more questions just ask.

If I’m giving bad or outdated info here someone please correct me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Phubarrh: “Steam VR” is the right headset choice in the vorpX config app.

Phubarrh
    Participant

Thanks for the advice! Don’t have time today, but I’ll definitely fiddle with things tomorrow.

spacecadet102
    Participant

Hey Ralf. Love the program. Really appreciate all the hard work. Really getting my money’s worth. I was hoping for more support for Mixed Reality. Are there any plans for in-game visual controllers and thumbstick movement. Its hard for me to use the Mixed Reality controllers when I’m looking at the Vive ones. Also, I really would like to use the thumbsticks instead of the trackpad.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Eventually that will happen, I just don’t have a timeline for it yet. You can expect it in one of the next updates, probably not the next one though.

spacecadet102
    Participant

GREAT news! Thanks! :D

machine
    Participant

Kind request for your advice how to get Samsung HMD works with vorpx and Skyrim LE.
    I have tried following previous posts:
    1. Started WMR (house by the sea, etc)
    2. Started SteamVR (no Vive discovered, nothing discovered by SteamVR)
    3. Started Vorpx – SteamVR mode
    4. Started Skyrim – vorpx is activated – picture is splitted on the screen – nothing is happening in HMD(house by the sea – I hear Genesis song every time I write it down).

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best Regards,
    AM

VRluvin
    Participant

Likely you need to download “windows mixed reality for VR” on steam. Search for it in the steam store. Then all should be good.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!