Windows Mixed Reality with VorpX?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Windows Mixed Reality with VorpX?

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    VRluvin
    Participant

Since it is asking if you want to make exception, likely the a antivirus program is still running in the background and blocking the”hook” into the game as it’s invasive to the target program and is interpreted as malicious code. Maybe try turning your antivirus off, then using taskmanager find all entries that are related to your antivirus and end them, then try again. I tried to add exception to my antivirus but that didn’t work, so I had to stop my antivirus entirely before starting vorpx, then, no issues.

Mox
    Participant

I’m using Windows Defender, but disabled it before latest attempt. I’ll go through the task manager entries and end them. I also use Zonealarm firewall so I’ll try disabling that as well.

Mox
    Participant

Seems Zonealarm was the problem, once axed works fine now, apart from the HMD occasionally being put in a white room with grid lines when starting some games/apps.

VRluvin
    Participant

Glad to hear it. I was irritated and having the same problem as you about a year ago. Until I killed all the antivirus programs.
    The white room with the grid is the purgatory/loadscreen from steam VR.
    Enjoy

Mox
    Participant

After tinkering for a few days, it seems non-Steam games work ok though have to adjust the FOV etc manually as none of the local or cloud profiles seemed to work right with the picture very zoomed in. Problem is that none of the Steam games work, with it just going straight to the SteamVR home room on the headset with nothing happening with VorpX, even when the games .exe is run from its directory.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!