Windows Mixed Reality with VorpX?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Windows Mixed Reality with VorpX?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    machine
    Participant

True. I’ve figure it out after posting. Sorry for bothering. Rookie mistake. Last but not least many thanks for quick answer and help. Btw any chance to improve resolution in SkyrimLE+Samsung Oddysey? Next question about ENB (hack only, no visual effects). Questions, question :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can choose a preferred resolution on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu and also apply an upscale multiplier there (image page).

ENB mods can cause a conflict since they hook into DirectX like vorpX. There is an ENB injector available on the ENB website, that is probably your best bet.

machine
    Participant

Many thanks!

Forkster
    Participant

I have an Acer VR Mixed Reality headset. Do the games that work with VorpX and WMR VR need to be installed with Steam? Or are they just going to piggy-back off of SteamVR framework?

Would be nice if there was native support for WMR instead of having to use another platform.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s just Steam VR that has to be running, the games do not have to be on Steam. You can also run your UPlay/Origin/GOG etc. games.

spacecadet102
    Participant

Machine, you can also edit the “SkyrimPrefs.ini” file in user/Documents/MyGames/Skyrim to tweak the game AND edit the resolution (use in windowed mode). You can enter ANY resolution in there. Note you will need to make the SkyrimPrefs.ini file read only in the properties – general tab checkbox. Do this to make sure settings are not changed back when starting the game. You can also edit the Skyrim.ini in the same folder in the same way. It just has different settings.

You will need to look up what all these settings do in google or something. This will help you to get your game running the way you want. You probably already know this stuff if you use mods though, just read that derp…hope this helps someone

machine
    Participant

Many thanks for advice. My main challenge now is some free time to test configs. If I’ll succeed with reasonable config with ENB I’ll share details.

GSJ
    Participant

Hello Ralf, is the WindowsMR coming in the next release? I’m just waiting for the support to get it! :D

Thanks!

Sgt_Nick_Fury
    Participant

I am waiting for the WMR controller support as well, any news? Also has anyone tried running this with Enderal? That would be nice is possible.

dunkeroni
    Participant

For anyone waiting around…

Official WMR support is coming, but it may be a little while. Technically WMR should already be supported, since the headsets are supposed to integrate with SteamVR which VorpX supports. Many headsets and games already work with VorpX. Samsung seems to have issues with its drivers, but some people have confirmed Lenovo and Acer HMDs to work. Read through the posts and see if anyone with your headset has succeeded/failed, or try it yourself and post results here if nobody has mentioned your headset yet. Be sure to keep updating your Windows OS, Steam, and GPU Driver in case one of their patches fixes the issue.

tsilliev
    Participant

Hello,

I bought Vorpx yesterday and I played Prey MoonCrash, Viscera Cleanup Detail and 7 days to die on my Samsung Odyssey mixed reality headset.

A few comments:

1) Thumbsticks for movement is a must, trackpads for buttons (because trackpad after 15+ minutes offsets and need to restart the controller)
    2) Current 0.25 rightpad x sensitivity is really high, I bring it down and when I swipe it still makes me turn so much and I start getting a bit of sick, maybe implement static 45* snap turn on trackpad push down/right thumbstick moved
    3) Maybe a button for auto-tweak of headset tracking sensativity by looking left/right up/down?

Mox
    Participant

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but I can’t seem to get any games to work now on my Dell WMR headset. It was working fine when I first bought VorpX some months ago, this is the sequence I use –

Start Mixed Reality Portal
    Start Steam VR
    Start VorpX
    Start game

The game only shows up on the monitor, with the headset showing the SteamVR home room and can’t bring up VorpX menu etc.

VRluvin
    Participant

I usually turn off my antivirus (will prevent hooking of programs), then start vorpx, MR, then steam, followed by steam VR.
    Hope that helps!

Mox
    Participant

Thanks, tried that and still the same. Though I do note that it does take a while after the games started for the VorpX hook dialog box to come up and sometimes shows 3 options of “add exception”, “close program” or “do nothing”.
    Nothing happens after clicking any of the options.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Mox, are you running vorpX in steamVR mode?

What antivirus do you have?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!