Cyberpunk 2077

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk 2077

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

After 17 hours playing in Night City, mainly sidequests, i’m fed up with this catastrophic graphic engine. The game is a work of art, but the technology behind that is junk !

To prevent most of the Frame Rate Drops, i have to reduce the resolution and graphic settings more than it would be necessary most of the time of the game.

The only way to keep a very high pixel density is to choose a 1:1 resolution like 1920×1920, 2160×2160 or 2400×2400, the game supports that in borderless window without any restrictions, but Z3D is flickering and has other visual problems.

@Ralf

May you please check 1:1 resolutions and tell me what i’m doing wrong ?

sgearr
    Participant

@ralf

On the quest 2 screen the game is either not centered or not zoom in enough. The zoom stops at 80% now. Is there. Way to make the zoom go up to 90 our 100% like it was before the update? Thanks

Dave
    Participant

100% Zoom needs a FOV 135 and that causes massively graphic issues. That is the reason why the zoom is limited to 80%.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In general: never use an exact 1:1 resolution, that will confuse the depth buffer heuristics, use something slightly below (e.g. 9:10) or above (e.g. 10:9), but never exactly 1:1. There is a warning hint supposed to be shown when vorpX detects a 1:1 res, I’ll check whether maybe that isn’t displayed anymore.

In case of Cyberpunk however you will want something wider anyway due to the reduced zoom. If you select a resolution quality on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu instead of setting the res manually, vorpX will pick 4:3 or 16:10 (depending on your headset) resolutions from the list of available ones, which is the right choice here.

Dave
    Participant

thx ralf !

matteo39
    Participant

which is the best custom resolution for vr and an entry level pc?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to that question. It all depends on the game. The best resolution is always the one that works with a high enough framerate to not feel uncomfortable for you.

General rule of thumb: For FullVR mode games ideally try to find a combination of game detail settings and resolution that safely works with half your headset refresh rate. Technically vorpX works with framerates below that on most headsets, but if you are prone to motion sickness, things may start to become uncomfortable beyond that point.

markbradley1982
    Participant

I noticed ever since the FOV hack update the intro screens and video jitters a bit and that includes the VorpX hint screens. Is anyone else experiencing this? Everything stop jittering and is normal once the Cyberpunk title screen shows up.

Mazzle
    Participant

I just want to add a positive comment now that I’ve gone through about half the game in vorpx mode. After the recent updates to Vorpx and Cyberpunk, everything has been working like a dream. I rarely get any crashes any more and am getting a very solid 45/90 on my 2080 Super. (I do have to turn of DLSS. It was fine in the starting missions, but started to slow things down too much once they let you loose in more crowded areas.) Vorpx makes the game so much more immersive; Cyberpunk’s first-person perspective makes it feel like it was made for it.

FWIW, I found the readability of the UI in VR could be improved a bit by using one of the mods that changes the UI text/HUD color from red to yellow. (I’m not sure if links are frowned on here, but they’re at nexusmods.com if you want to try it.) And, FYI, adding –launcher-skip to launch options in Steam will skip the Project Red launcher.

Dave
    Participant

yes that’s true, vorpx does a great job. The Z3D is fantastic, and close to G3D. I’m going to finish all sidequests before starting Act 3, because the game is a work of art, but that’s exactly why the technical condition is annoying. But all in all its the best vorpx experience since Red Dead Redemption 2.

Even people who don’t like vorpx in general, praise the vorpx experience in Cyberpunk 2077. It is very close to regular VR Games, that is the reason why they like it.

VRluvin
    Participant

Just loaded up cyberpunk 2077 on my RTX 2060 (low-midrange) and was surprised at how well it ran on lounge mode with a black background w/ vorpx using Samsung odyssey. Even with raytracing it was playable for me (although in crowded downtown driving it does struggle a bit). THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH for continuing to support VR with VORPX as you have made so many games that much better to play. I LOVE 3D and since nvidia stopped supporting it, this is the only way to experience my games in 3d but now on a massive virtual screen.
    And User 77, I agree RDR2 with vorpx (3D on)…going on horseback into Saint Denis seeing gas lights at night with fog is amazing! I would stop doing the mission and just wander around admiring the atmosphere, I cannot wait for the next gen games to arrive and up the quality of titles even more now that ps5 is out (seems quality follows console capabilities)…and once 3080/3090s get back in stock I think I might have to upgrade my graphics card to improve the experience further.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work Ralf! We appreciate it

markbradley1982
    Participant

“Even people who don’t like vorpx in general, praise the vorpx experience in Cyberpunk 2077. It is very close to regular VR Games, that is the reason why they like it.”

I hope this turns them into believers. All I ever expected from VorpX back when I bought it on March 2017 is to give my VR headset all of the functions of a really nice 3Dtv for my non VR PC games and it has far exceeded those expectations. I have logged hundreds of hours with VorpX.

Dave
    Participant

I will pay 40$ for a vorpx license yearly, if Ralf hires a second developer to give us more stuff like the CP77 Profile. The vorpx community is small but most of us are adults, and could support Ralf to keep vorpx alive. The competitor product to vorpx is in struggle for survival because of the introduction of DX12 and Nvidia RTX 3000 and needs more support of the community and i hope this does not happen to vorpx one day, too.

Dave
    Participant

How many users does vorpx have ? There are 3 Million SteamVR Users in the statistics and i think many of them own vorpx, but how many user has vorpx in one month ?

Redwense
    Participant

Is there a list of files which vorpX edits for Cyberpunk? I reset the settings to “pre-vorpX” using the app, but I can’t shake the feeling that the game now looks and feels… different (worse)… when back in pancake mode, somehow. Is it just my imagination? Or do I have to get rid of some .ini or something to be sure?

I tried vorpX for a bit, and though it was interesting whether in Full or Immersive mode, my “VR legs” aren’t good enough yet to handle motion sickness in Cyberpunk 2077 ):

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!