Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    RooksGambit
    Participant

I was constantly crashing before even landing on the main menu with either “Cyberpunk has flatlined” errors or Vorpx “DX12” errors. When I finally got those errors fixed, the game was blurry AF and jittery.

Here are some things I did to get it to run / run better on Quest w/Nvidia GPU –
    – Make sure you have the latest version of the mod
    – Make sure your game is patched
    – Update your graphics driver, I got CTD’s until I did this
    – Turn off DLSS or you’ll get DX12 errors and CTD before even getting to the menu. If you already installed the mod then uninstall it (temporarily), go to ->windows settings -> add/remove programs -> uninstall the mod. Then load the game (mod free) and turn DLSS off. Reinstall the mod and it should be fine
    – In the Vorpx ingame menu (DEL), turning off “3D Reconstruction” made a hugely significant improvement to image quality and jitters

ExplodedAxo
    Participant

I tried turning off DLSS and RT but still no go.

Still end up with non responsive title screen ( only displaying on desktop ) with the headset just showing the Vorpx intro menus with a small cyberpunk loading icon in the corner.

Interesting when i change between gamepad and keyboard to try pass the title splash the game recognises and changes UI on desktop screen to say press space to continue / press ‘a’ to continue in audio is still playing, so game hasnt appeared to crash entirely , i just can’t continue.

my specs:
    Reverb G2 (cyberpunk VR config set to Open XR )
    Win 10
    rtx 3080
    24GB RAM

beemzy
    Participant

HI Ralf,
    If you had to make a guess, do you think that your CP2077 standalone mod will be able to be updated to work with the Phantom Liberty DLC some time after its launch?
    Thx!

beemzy
    Participant

Encountered the ‘Evelyn at Lizzie’s bar’ glitch too during testing. Just a guess, but after fumbling around a while to get that resolved my final conclusion was that maybe the level designer who scripted the sequence forgot to set some some flag. Essentially the game doesn’t seem to report a player state change after the conversation ends, hence the mod is still in conversation mode while walking to Judy’s room. Fairly weird. When you save/reload later in Judy’s room, the state is reported correctly and thus the mod correctly is in gameplay mode.

Hi Ralf, Im replaying CP2077. At the very start of The Heist you meet Dexter Deshawn and T-Bug with Jackie at a special privacy room at the Afterlife nightclub. There is a long cut-scene when Dexter goes over the plan. At the end of this sequence the game is supposed to revert to VR mode but stays in the cutscene. You have to leave Afterlife and then save and reload the game in order to get back to VR play mode. Is there any way to not have to do this? Or is it a bug within the game that cant be resolved? Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s a game glitch. The mod requests the current game state (interactive, combat, cutscene, driving) etc. via the game’s scripting language and then switches vorpX into its according mode, e.g. it enables EdgePeek in cutscenes, applies camera tweaks and context sensitive gestures for driving and fighting, and so on.

After said cutscene for whatever reason the game still reports to be in cutscene mode for a while, so there is no way for vorpX to know that the cutscene has ended. Pretty weird glitch. IIRC the game state changes eventually after a while though, so you should be able to simply play in EdgePeek mode for a minute or two until the game reports the correct game state again.

beemzy
    Participant

Yes, it reverts eventually. Would be nice if possible to have a VorpX hotkey to trigger VorpX’s VR. I found that after exiting Afterlife, I could save/reload to get back into VR. The issue doesnt seem to recur again in any of the later cutscenes.

beemzy
    Participant

Patch 1.63 is out. Should we wait for an update to the standalone VorpX for CP2077? CET is still on v1.62 as well

Ralf
    Keymaster

Updating CET should suffice. I’ll upload a fresh build when CET got updated, but that won’t do anything else than updating CET manually.

On a sidenote: if you haven’t done so alreedy, read the *very* useful instructions in the vorpX launch room after starting the game. Stuff like this is explained there.

beemzy
    Participant

Updating CET should suffice. I’ll upload a fresh build when CET got updated, but that won’t do anything else than updating CET manually.

On a sidenote: if you haven’t done so alreedy, read the *very* useful instructions in the vorpX launch room after starting the game. Stuff like this is explained there.

Thanks for the confirmation Ralf

beemzy
    Participant

CET 1.63 has been released. Updating to patch 1.63 and then CET 1.63 broke my VR (the screen just looked like the immersive cinema flat screen within my headset). I had to do a fresh reinstall of the stand-alone mod and then replace the standard VorpX mod settings with my own backups. Took me a while to get to that outcome so maybe my sharing will be helpful to someone. Will be interested to hear other people’s patch 1.63 update experiences

fubar
    Participant

Is there a way to play the game in G3D and synced eye rendering at the same time?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ beemzy:

Works fine here. Double check whether you copied the CET update into the right folder. The ‘bin’ folder in the CET .zip has to be copied directly into your CP 2077 main folder, overwriting the existing one.

I’ll upload an updated mod installer later today or tomorrow.

@ fubar

Either Z3D or G3D with alternate frame rendering.

beemzy
    Participant

@ beemzy:

Works fine here. Double check whether you copied the CET update into the right folder. The ‘bin’ folder in the CET .zip has to be copied directly into your CP 2077 main folder, overwriting the existing one.

I’ll upload an updated mod installer later today or tomorrow.

@ fubar

Either Z3D or G3D with alternate frame rendering.

CET was in the right place. All my CET-reliant (non-VorpX / conventional) MODs worked, just in a flat screen rather than proper DirectVR. I still got the VorpX starting CP2077 menu but the actual game couldnt be started in DirectVR. A clean reinstall of CP2077 and then CP2077 VorpX mod solved the issue

mr_belowski
    Participant

i uninstalled then reinstalled the mod, and reinstalled CET, but it no longer works for me. It was OK before today’s small game patch, nothing changed except the patch (I reinstalled CET and the mod after i found it broken). I’ve not deleted and reinstalled the entire game.

I get no 3D reconstruction for DirectVR (but z-normal seems to work), and full VR mode doesn’t work – it’s just an immersive screen but with a slightly bigger screen than regular immersive screen mode. It’s definitely using the mod – i get the intro / help screens about gestures etc

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you reinstalled the mod, you have to copy the latest CET afterwards. Not the other way around.

Reinstalling the mod should not be necessary though normally. Just updating CET is enough when a CP2077 beaks CET.

BTW: If you haven’t done so already, please read the instructions in the launch environment after starting the game. Stuff like this gets explained there

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!