Final Fantasy XIV

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Final Fantasy XIV

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

@dellrifter22

so you dont play the game but you took the time to download the trial and spent your weekend making a profile in G3D for pple here who were dreaming playing this game in G3D with vorpx ?

this is very nice of you, thank you so much man :)

that being said, i’m wondering, where is stored the dxgi.dll hooker file in vorpx directories ? or is it created from others files when it’s needed ?

dellrifter22
    Participant

I just enjoy seeing how vorpX can enhance the immersive experience of any game, and I want others to discover and enjoy these experiences too. It’s a fun challenge to configure a working profile for a new game and see what is possible, so I experiment with as many games as my time and money can allow. It defiantly helps when the game has a free demo :)

Really it’s thanks to Ralf and the platform and tools he has given us. Every week I am learning a little more how they can operate to create 3D. For me it’s easily as fun as playing the game itself.

Well steph, since you were my main motivation to give this game a try, I hope this profile will work for you also. I hope Ralf doesn’t mind if I upload the dll for 24 hours. It would probably be useful in the future if the Helper was more accessible in the config app.

dxgi.dll – 24 hours on privfile.com

Erase the extra numbers generated on the dll name and paste it into the ff14 game folder. Fingers crossed it works on your setup.

Everything is set to what works best in my headset, but you are welcome to adjust how you like. Enjoy.

steph12
    Participant

well i feel honored for being your main motivation to make this profile, i thank you once more :)

to be honest, i have so many solo games to play with vorpx that right now i dont have time to play ff14, but i’m going to try your profile to see if it works for me as well.

thanks for sharing that dll ! :)

like i said, many pple were hoping to have a working ff14 profile, yours could be a dream comes true if it indeed works for everyone.

so i hope you’ll get more feedbacks !

Strinder
    Participant

Is there any way you could take the time restriction off of the link? I have no way to generate the required Hook Helper file and can’t imagine I am alone.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’ll put it back for the weekend, but I’d rather not leave it open without Ralf’s permission. Hopefully the next vorpX will provide a better way.

dxgi.dll on privfile.com

Put in the same folder as ffxiv_dx11.exe

Strinder
    Participant

You’re the man, thanks!

b4sementb0b
    Participant

i was a few days late to the party, any way you can re-upload that dll> not even sure what it is, but it seems i need it for VORPX to hook the game for me? im trying to get the game to run with vorpx, but my vorpx experience is very low. also do i wanna run this thru steam VR or occulus? (i am using a quest 2) thank you for all your effort :D

b4sementb0b
    Participant

id be willing to do the trick to get the hook helper from another game, but i dont know how that works either, if it involves downloading a 71 gig game and then running vorpx to prompt the download, im SOL lol cause i cant do that, limited hard drive space :(

Aaroncls
    Participant

Hey thank you so much for getting these steps down, I was able to replicate them and got it to work. G3D is very decent, just make sure to tweak the settings as Dellrifter says.

On the dxgi.dll file hook, this is what I did:

– Downloaded MGS Ground Zeroes, booted it, closed it.
    – added the MGS executable to another profile (MGS GZ does not have a profile)
    – Launched MGS game again with Vorpx on.
    – Vorpx failed to hook, waited for the pop up with suggested actions.
    – Selected “Install hook helper” or something like that.
    – Navigated to the MGS GZ directory and copied the dxgi.dll file to the FF14 executable folder.
    – Notice that the launcher directory is NOT the correct folder, find where the actual game .exe is. Put it there.
    – Added FF14 launcher to the “Excluded programs” on Vorpx dashboard.
    – Launched FF14, boom. G3D, baby!

b4sementb0b
    Participant

ok, so what all games can i choose from to do this hook thingy? i dont own MGSV or a lot of other games :(

dellrifter22
    Participant

I had hoped Ralf might have replied by now. I guess if it’s a problem, please remove the link.

dxgi.dll on privfile.com (it should last for a month this time)

password: vorpx

Reevethelion
    Participant

Hi,
    could I ask for a reupload of the file?

Also, has anyone else had any luck with the G3D mode for this game?
    I am half tempted to get back to FFXIV but I think I’m probably only gonna do it if it actually works so I’d like to know if this has also worked for everyone else who has tried the above mentioned trick :)

Thanks again for all your work on the testing!!!

steph12
    Participant

yes G3d works but you have to follow dellrifter guide with turning off or reducing down some settings, else you’ll get graphical glitches.

Aaroncls
    Participant

Hey gang,
    On my end looks like the G3D feature was lost after latest Vorpx update.

Only getting Z3D which works very well, but for G3D I am only getting some horizontal moving lines.

Anyone having this issue as well? If so, are there any methods to restore the G3D functionality?

dellrifter22
    Participant

I don’t have time to test this again for a week or so, but I’ve experienced the horizontal lines issue in one other G3D game already. Try changing between the new FidelityFX modes that vorpX just updated. That seemed to both cause this issue and also fix it again, depending on the level you have selected.

dxgi.dll on privfile.com

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!