Pay now / Alpha or Beta version?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Pay now / Alpha or Beta version?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    GrimDarkDarrel
    Participant

At least post a news update. Last update I’ve read suggested vorpx would be out in June and there’s hasn’t been a blog update since April. That’s pretty weak.

Valez
    Participant

Well, I don’t know why Ralf let some people try it and write about it, but doesn’t release a Beta. Doesn’t make much sense, but he certainly has his reasons.
    Complaining about it every 2-3 days won’t change much about it, though.

MrGeddings
    Participant

i guess not.

but i wanna run around world of warcraft in the rift “sniffles”. :-( oh well the closest i can get now is loading up the stormwind map in minecraft :-p

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hate to say it but Vorpx is starting to look a lot like vapor

Anonymous
    Inactive

Valez, complaining about it is just about the only thing we can do to change Ralf’s mind about releasing it. Holding out at this point I feel is self-destructive on Ralf’s part. Timing is everything, but even Ralf should know that now is the time to cash in on the Rift. Anyone who is making money in the “Rift economy” right now will surely be making much more come consumer-time. Regardless, all we can do is keep voicing our frustration on Vorpx.com until he figures this out. Ralf, release it and get the reputation you deserve.

wolf5
    Participant

The program might be usable and a few “trusted” people get to try it out.

But to give it out to the rest of the world raises an issue when money is involved.

I bet the program does not have any kind of anti-theft created yet, which means once this program gets out as it is, it will go wild. So some kind of clever way to prevent piracy of the program has to be made or bought and implemented into the software before it can be released.

my 2 cents

velurian
    Participant

Wild = 10 000 people for now, who all have paid for the rift. I am sure the majority will value your contribution and will make the purchase. Also adding a simple serial key system should not be very difficult afaik.

Or do it through steam or sth. Greenlight.

wolf5
    Participant

True. The users who yearn for it did pay big bucks for the rift. So odds are they’ll pay for it.

I would REALLY love it to come out before i get my Rift. 1-2 weeks away.

ElectroPulse
    Participant

Yup, would love for this to happen too… Getting my Rift tomorrow, and am going to be looking for solutions to some of my current favorite games.

wolf5
    Participant

Damn. I got my rift way earlier than expected. Now I want this driver!

MrGeddings
    Participant

PLEASE please were begging you release vorpx soon there really isnt that many “games” to play on the rift right now please if you can release this soon!

MrGeddings
    Participant

Ok Im sorry a lot of us are getting pretty frustrated here. I call for a petition that you release the beta already. IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE PERFECT!

this is a DEV KIT anyways we DONT EXPECT it to be perfect, you dont need to polish it so much that it has to be a “consumer level product” looks like what you have now is still way better then the Perception drivers. it really is frustrating. you give out a few free betas to a few people but the real people who want it most who are willing to PAY to have it even in beta stage you just ignore.

and honestly its also poor that you stopped doing ANY updates whatsoever on your website it makes us feel like you really dont care about us and that your just locked in your little world and you’ll only release it when you “decide” its ready.

The Oculus Rift has VERY FEW actual games to really play on it right now..and yeah its a dev kit but a lot of us arnt game devs we are just passionate about the idea so we supported it. Having an instant selection of 80 games to work with the RIft would be a huge plus, even if it wasnt perfect.

and as i said many times at the Very LEAST could you at least update the games list with the 80 games so far you have planned to work with it?

your commication is even worse then Oculus was at times and i just dont understand why we are pretty much begging you to release it even in beta form and we are willing to PAY you to do so……why you refuse.

and at leas for Gods sake give us a release date estimate you TOLD us that it would come out shortly after rifts started shipping, its been MONTHS.. and you only had a beta preview over at ReadtoVR a mmonth ago but nothing else since.

PLEEASE RELEASE IT already!!!!!! because otherwise whenever you “decide” to come out with it my first comment would be

freaking christ its about damn time!

either that or someone who has the beta should leak it to a torrent if you ask me since this guy is not going to bother to let us have acesss to the beta even if were willing to pay for it then i dont mind paying for the full thing once you “decide” to actually come out with it.

redilicous ..and it sucks for YOU too because you are not making any money right now…if you released the beta now you could be making an actual profit from it.,

so the ONLy logical reason i can get is for you not to release it simply because you are just a super perfectionist who WILL NOT release anything uless you think its”perfect”

just great…..just who we needed to develop this thing……..release the damn thing already. this is ridiculous.

museumsteve
    Participant

Whilst many share your frustration, to have the cheek to say on vorpX’s official forum that someone should release any form of the software as a torrent is shocking. I dont think that will do you any favours at all.

Susu986
    Participant

The torrent might be a little harsh, but otherwise I have to completely agree with MrGeddings. The fact that Ralf is not releasing any updates, nor there is any communication whatsoever is distasteful. Why would it be so hard to release a daily update of a few words like ‘Today is was optimizing the code for Flight Simulator X’, etc. Hell, we don’t even no if the project is still a go, or not… As someone pointed out Ralf could be even dead by now, it wouldn’t make a difference.
    And even though I don’t have my Rift yet, this complete lack of communication is really pissing me off.
    I also don’t see the point why VorpX is not relased yet. As we could all see, it already works with many games, and besides, no one ever heard of software update??? Vorpx will need to updated nevertheless when the consumer verison comes out, to support 6 DOF tracking. Or at least I guess so. So, if software update will be necessary than what harm would be done by releasing it now, even strictly as a work-in-progress version? Look at Arma 3! The guys released the Alpha version on Steam, and thousands of people bought it already. The game is in Beta stage now, and all Alpha users updated to Beta, as they will be updated for the final version as well, when time comes. Meanwhile they are releasing DAILY updates in a few sentences, so people now what’s going on. And yeah, they already have a ton of money from it, and the gamers are happy, despite the fact that they have paid for and using a yet unfinished product.
    The situation with VorpX is really disappointing, and I don’t know if we can count on it, or it will never be developed. I don’t know, because the only thing I get is complete silence.

Arni1984
    Participant

Ralf! We will show that we understand that you are still alive! ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!