Almost Ten Years Ago…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Almost Ten Years Ago…

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds odd. At the same settings/resolutions there shouldn’t actually be any difference performance wise.

Did you maybe change the FPS cap in the mod settings? Leave that at 66%, which would cap at 60fps. Also please leave the the sync option at default for maximum FPS. ‘Favor Latency’ will reduce the framerate.

jacketrooper
    Participant

Thanks so much for.. Instant reply!

I have a 3080ti do you have an optimized settings for this card? Thank you!

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s abit difficult to give universally applicable suggestions since I don’t know how important raytracing is for you.

My personal suggestion for 3080Ti would be to set the ‘Resolution Quality’ to the second highest setting in the vorpX menu, and graphics details in the game options to ‘High’, no raytracing, no DLSS. That will get you a super crisp image.

However if you consider raytracing more important than the best possible image crispness, that might not be what you prefer.

Tourist
    Participant

Ralf
    With all respect. With my 6600XT with Nicer preset, I have 48 fps then I move forward and it drops to 10. I disabled Fidelity Clarity and suddenly it became 48 fps I walked around for about 30 sec and then suddenly it dropped down to 10-20fps. Same with Nice preset.

Also, my friend with Reverb G2 can’t get it working with OpenXR in Config. It works only with SteamVR.

luka2099
    Participant

@ralf, headtracking dont work. Its normal?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t really know what to tell you: your GPU barely meets what the start message recommends for ‘Nice’ with ‘Low’ graphics settings in the game’s options menu. Try that and then check whether you get anything better working sufficiently well or not. Keep in mind that you are trying to force the most demanding game available into VR with a mid-tier GPU.

No problem if your friend can’t get OpenXR to work. In earlier vorpX versions SteamVR was significantly worse for WMR headsets, but that’s not really the case anymore.

jacketrooper
    Participant

Thanks again Ralph. Ray tracing is not important to me at all! All I want is 60 or 90 stable fps and visual clarity. What preset/options do you recommend?

Ralf
    Keymaster

For your 3080Ti what I wrote above: ‘Resolution Quality’ in the vorpX menu to ‘Great’ (or *maybe* even ‘Phenomenal’), and graphics details in the game options to ‘High’. Should largely suffice for 60fps.

luka2099
    Participant

I have 3060ti and ryzen 5 5600x
    Oculus qu3st 2 connect with airlink and openxr
    Resolution 2560×1440 ray on dlls performance . The game run very well without shutternig or other problem. But the headtracking dont work. I can see around only with right stick(mouse and keyboard imput setting). Anyone can help me?

kia75
    Participant

I’m not certain what the problem is, but now the game crashes when it starts, freezing at the first logo. If I Re-install the mod, it works for exactly the first time it’s run, but afterwards it crashes at the first screen. I’ve completed uninstalled and re-installed Cyberpunk, and this continues to happen. No idea what’s causing the crash.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not sure if it was you who had other mods installed, but if so, please try entirely without any other mods. If that helps, add your other mods back one by one to find the offending one.

kia75
    Participant

No mods, this is a completely new and clean install.

Ralf
    Keymaster

OK, I had a weird issue one time (and only one time) earlier today where all of sudden a config file for Cyber Engine Tweaks was missing and the game refused to start at all afterwards. Was a bit different than what you described above though, it didn’t even open its window, just crashed without anything happening. Might still be worth to check that. The file in question was ‘[Cyberpunk Folder]\bin\x64\global.ini’. If that file is missing, reinstall the mod.

luka2099
    Participant

ok, as Ralf keeps ignoring my question, can anyone tell me how to uninstall this mod? so I go back to using Cyberpunk with normal vorpx, since without headtracking this mod is of no use to me. Thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately I don’t really have an answer to that question. I answer what I can, but sometimes I just don’t have an answer. Try to reinstall the mod and for Oculus headsets make sure Oculus is selected as the headset type. Nothing more specific I can recommend, sorry.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 242 total)
  • The topic ‘Almost Ten Years Ago…’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!