Almost Ten Years Ago…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Almost Ten Years Ago…

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    nebukanezzar
    Participant

Looks like there is an uninstall file in the cyberpunk folder with the vorpx icon. Thats probable it, but I haven’t tried it.

jacketrooper
    Participant

https://gyazo.com/12783ae5a0f7b693e96ac8ed9f93165b just installed and set the Windows Headset Preset, using Reverb G2 and on 3080ti but the game crashes on load.

Stryker_66
    Participant

Thank you Ralf for this mod, your hardwork and talent in this area of gaming is much appreciated!

A couple of observations which may help others related to OPEN XR. Setting the mod up with OPEN XR caused a game crash. Switching the mod set up to SteamVR worked fine. This lead me to what I have done in the past with other game mods favoring OpenXR. With a little trouble shooting I found out that changing the SteamVR Settings as follows, I was then able to set the VorpX VR mod to OpenXR.

STEAMVR -> SETTINGS -> DEVELOPER -> “Current OpenXR Runtime” to “SteamVR”

I do have the HP G2 and I do get best perfomance using OpenXR. Perhaps this is placebo for me because using SteamVR also in setup worked ok. Perhaps Ralf has some better technical insight into this.

I’ve setup the mod using Immersive Screen along with a 2560×1440 and turned off a few graphic settings and things look and perform quite well. I’ve increased the FOV to max within the mod and the G3D strength is not bad, gives a good sense of depth. I recogonize that 3D strength preference is subjective for each individual, but is there any way to make this a tad stronger. Ralf, I know you’ve heard this a million times, but I sincerely think that some further G3D settings would be a terrific option for adjusting to ones subjective preference. In any case, not a complaint but a suggestion. Honestly, terrific job on the G3D implementation for this game.

The last thing, perhaps Ralf you can make a suggestion on where to look on this last minor issue. I am using a Mouse/Keyboard setup and everything is buttery smooth with the exception of turning left or right with the mouse. There is very subtle shutter and I mean very slight which fortunately does not ruin the experience. Is there anything you can suggest for what settings to look at, lead the horse to water so to speak. There seems to be a correlation with the mousing sensitivity. When I adjusted and lowered x and y sensitivity to 3 in the game options menu, this mitigated the problem quite significantly. It is only very slight now.

That is all the feedback I have for now and once again, thanks for this Xmas gift. Wish everyone all a happy holidays!

thetommyboy2002
    Participant

sorry double post.

thetommyboy2002
    Participant

ok, as Ralf keeps ignoring my question, can anyone tell me how to uninstall this mod? so I go back to using Cyberpunk with normal vorpx, since without headtracking this mod is of no use to me. Thank you.

Windows arr/remove programs in control panel.

watakah
    Participant

no way works for me, oculus rift S, rtx2060, 32gb ram. no oculus, no steam vr, no openxr, no antivirus, no cinema screen on steamvr … a shame since I waited all night for this … I have vorps for more than 6 years, but the application’s cyberpunk profile I’m not convinced … I was expecting this as a dream, anyway.

kia75
    Participant

OK, going into the Geoforce experience and resetting my graphic options fixed the issue where the game would no longer start. This turned ray tracing back on, but I just turned it off again. There was probably some graphic setting somewhere that wasn’t compatible with the mod.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Stryker_66

For a Reverb using SteamVR as OpenXR runtime doesn’t really make sense. That will just translate OpenXR to SteamVR calls, better use SteamVR directly in that case, avoids the unnecessary extra translation.

SteamVR as OpenXR runtime only really makes sense for native SteamVr headsets like Vive or Index. For Oculus or WMR headsets it’s always better to use the native OpenXR runtime and skip SteamVR altogehther.

I’ll take a look at the cinema mode mouse glitch, although that probably just stems from the fact that the game runs at a lower frame rate than the headset, but not an at an even fraction. In FullVR mode that gets all factored into the frame interpolation, but in cinema immersive/mode you might want to ensure an even game to headset FPS ratio by capping the FPS to 50% of the headset refreshrate.

@ kia

Awesome, glad you got it sorted.

jacketrooper
    Participant

Thank you Ralf for this mod, your hardwork and talent in this area of gaming is much appreciated!

A couple of observations which may help others related to OPEN XR. Setting the mod up with OPEN XR caused a game crash. Switching the mod set up to SteamVR worked fine. This lead me to what I have done in the past with other game mods favoring OpenXR. With a little trouble shooting I found out that changing the SteamVR Settings as follows, I was then able to set the VorpX VR mod to OpenXR.

STEAMVR -> SETTINGS -> DEVELOPER -> “Current OpenXR Runtime” to “SteamVR”

I do have the HP G2 and I do get best perfomance using OpenXR. Perhaps this is placebo for me because using SteamVR also in setup worked ok. Perhaps Ralf has some better technical insight into this.

I’ve setup the mod using Immersive Screen along with a 2560×1440 and turned off a few graphic settings and things look and perform quite well. I’ve increased the FOV to max within the mod and the G3D strength is not bad, gives a good sense of depth. I recogonize that 3D strength preference is subjective for each individual, but is there any way to make this a tad stronger. Ralf, I know you’ve heard this a million times, but I sincerely think that some further G3D settings would be a terrific option for adjusting to ones subjective preference. In any case, not a complaint but a suggestion. Honestly, terrific job on the G3D implementation for this game.

The last thing, perhaps Ralf you can make a suggestion on where to look on this last minor issue. I am using a Mouse/Keyboard setup and everything is buttery smooth with the exception of turning left or right with the mouse. There is very subtle shutter and I mean very slight which fortunately does not ruin the experience. Is there anything you can suggest for what settings to look at, lead the horse to water so to speak. There seems to be a correlation with the mousing sensitivity. When I adjusted and lowered x and y sensitivity to 3 in the game options menu, this mitigated the problem quite significantly. It is only very slight now.

That is all the feedback I have for now and once again, thanks for this Xmas gift. Wish everyone all a happy holidays!

So it gives you an error when you set it to OpenXR right? I did the same as you did, set the setup to SteamVR and then set SteamVR runtime to OpenXR. I’m wondering if the game is actually running on OpenXR though.

Stryker_66
    Participant

For a Reverb using SteamVR as OpenXR runtime doesn’t really make sense. That will just translate OpenXR to SteamVR calls, better use SteamVR directly in that case, avoids the unnecessary extra translation.

SteamVR as OpenXR runtime only really makes sense for native SteamVr headsets like Vive or Index. For Oculus or WMR headsets it’s always better to use the native OpenXR runtime and skip SteamVR altogehther.

Got it, thank you. I always challenge myself with things that might be placebo. I’ll use SteamVR in this case.

I’ll take a look at the cinema mode mouse glitch, although that probably just stems from the fact that the game runs at a lower frame rate than the headset, but not an at an even fraction. In FullVR mode that gets all factored into the frame interpolation, but in cinema immersive/mode you might want to ensure an even game to headset FPS ratio by capping the FPS to 50% of the headset refreshrate.

Cool, I’ll take a look at the FPS ratio.

5yn
    Participant

Just tried it. The 3D looks amazing as expected, but performancewise, it’s currently unplayable for me.
    The fps counter shows a locked 60 fps most of the time but moving and looking around is really jarring, as if there’s screen tearing goin on or something.
    I’ve tried to set everything to low and playing around with Vsync and fps options but none of those helped. Turning off geometric 3D is an improvement but still leaves the game somewhat stuttery.
    Specs: 3060 Ti, i7 4790k, 16GB ram. Rift CV1

Another issue I noticed; there is no pitch/horizon-lock. Moving the right thumbstick up/down causes the camera to go up/down as well so it never aligns with my real looking direction. I know that some games with direct VR fix this and I thought it would be the same here.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not really sure about the FPS issue. Stable 60 should feel smooth normally, at least if the second number in the FPS counter also is stable and shows the refresh rate of your headset, usually 90.

Gamepad pitch is reduced to 1/3 of the normal stick sensitivity as a compromise between locking it entirely and having full y-axis movement. Some like it entirely locked, others hate that since occasionally you may need y-axis movement in some games. Here for example when aiming down sights. So it’s always difficult to choose a good default that fits everyone. The reduction to 1/3 is a decent compromise since it makes it hard to inadvertantly change the pitch.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

SteamVR works ! But openxr, via mixed reality portal crashes. Mixed reality portal is set to standard openxr runtime on my HP Reverb G2.

I would prefer to play it with the new official vorpx profile, because i have more experience with the full vorpx app. When is the release of vorpx 21.4.0 ?

luka2099
    Participant

then, in this video, I show various settings with relative performances.
    I also show my two problems. the first is that despite having reinstalled the mod, both with the oculus settin and with the openxr setting, I don’t have the headtracking. in the vorpx ingame menu in the headtraking section, it says headposition not available. the second problem is that the edge peek button doesn’t work. or rather it has no effect on the game screen. to get the real full vr screen, I have to switch from immersive screen to fullvr several times for the fullvr view to activate. I don’t have any other mod installed.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please reinstall. The controllers are supposed to function as gamepad, which is also the default setting. Do not change that. There isn’t really any need to tinker with settings aside from finding the right balance between performance and fidelity for your PC.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 242 total)
  • The topic ‘Almost Ten Years Ago…’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!