Almost Ten Years Ago…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Almost Ten Years Ago…

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

I uploaded a little update that adds a hood cam for driving. You can change between the normal in-car view and the hood cam with the game’s usual vehicle camera switch button/key. Hopefully without any unwanted side effects. Didn’t test it too long. Anyone annoyed by the overbright colors in cars when driving in bright daylight should definitely grab this.

Also the hood cam is a cool way to drive around anyway.

onetoo
    Participant

This isn’t it. Maybe it’s time to refocus on older games instead of trying to make these already high resource behemoths work in VR.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Why that? You just have a to be go a bit easy on the graphics settings and it even runs fairly well on mid tier-hardware. With the recommended minimum settings from the start message (game graphics settings at ‘Low’, and resolution in vorpX at ‘Nice’) you’ll largely get 60fps on a GTX1080/5700XT and it doesn’t look too shabby.

And with a newer high end card, you can even make it look really good. If you have an RTX card, I’d recommend to trade raytracing for a higher resolution, although that’s a bit subjective, of course.

onetoo
    Participant

I have a 3060ti. It’s running sluggish. Maybe it’s something with my system. I turned everything down. Turned off all I could.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Judging from the usual benchmark comparison sites that card appears to be closer to the minimum I checked here (GTX1080/5700XT) than to current highend, so you’ll definetely have to be a bit careful with graphics details. Resolution one notch higher (‘Nicer’) in the vorpX menu than the default and graphics details in the game options at ‘Medium’ sounds it could work out well enough on your GPU.

onetoo
    Participant

I could only get it to run with SteamVR or OpenXR for some reason. That could have a big impact. I’m getting a crash with Oculus mode. I tried it with Airlink.

Oculus runtime erorr:
    LibOVRRT signature check failure. (-3021)

mrbrock
    Participant

This is pretty great, its awesome being able to drive around the city inside of the car. Was finding the bumps in the road to aggressively jarring in directvr mode though so I switched it to the z-adaptive which seems to tone that down a bit. The scale gets a little weird on somethings but it also sharpens up some world details that were getting fuzzy.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ onetoo

Did you try OpenXR? If in doubt, I’d prefer OpenXR over SteamVR for Oculus headsets. Closer to the metal.

@ mrbrock

Yeah scale being off is probably the biggest downside of Z3D vs. the DirectVR 3D. One other thing you could try is switching to EdgePeek mode while driving, which will be less immersive but more comfortable. Depending on your preferred input method: mouse wheel click, gamepad: right thumbstick click, motion controllers: right grip button click. Or you could even switch the ‘Play Style’ option to ‘Immersive Screen’ or ‘Cinema’. Although I’d do that only as a last resort.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Hope to have time to give the G3D a test soon!

Out of curiosity, I see some references to older game versions possibly being an issue? I’ve rolled back to 1.23 and stayed there because the visual degradation in 1.3whatever were just awful. Even after they fixed the ‘water isn’t wet’ bug, it still just looked awful compared to 1.23. That’s been a consistent issue with Cyberpunk, each ‘upgrade’ brings worse graphics and in many cases doesn’t even improve performance (on anything other than the consoles I guess).

I hope this will work with v1.23, or if the entire thing won’t, I hope at least the G3D portion will.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Latest game version only, I’m afraid. At least I’m 99.9% certain that the dedicated mod portion won’t work with older versions. Doesn’t do anything without that.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

The Cyber Engine Tweaks part of the mod works with openxr. I changed the binding for my needs and in-game menu works well.

But the vpxCP2077 part of the mod let the game crash on launch with openxr. How can i create a log file for you of the vpxCP2077.asi and the files in the vpxCP2077 folder ?

My System:
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
    Nvidia 497.29
    Fresh Game Install 1.31 Steam
    All Game settings reset
    VR Cinema Mode deactivated
    Mixed-Reality-Portal (linked to openxr)

HP Reverb G2
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Ryzen 7 5800x
    16GB Cruical Ballastix
    Gigabyte B450 Gaming X
    2TB Samsung EVO 970 Plus

kgian
    Participant

I did some more testing. I have set the quest 2 to 80Hz.

Vorpx resolution 3rd down from the top. In game settings to medium. Vorpx % set to disabled I get almost always 80fps even on outside places. Seems playable. I have got a 3080ti but it gets hit hard with 80% usage. CPU is stuck at 100%. i5 11500.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Raytracing or dlss activated ?

Lawrence1962
    Participant

@All

Has somebody openxr working with a HP Reverb G2 ? May you give me an advice ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Don’t bother, appears to be broken indeed. I’ll take a look at that after the Holiday break. Stick to SteamVR, the original downsides of SteamVR for WMR headsets are largely gone anyway. I overhauled the whole headset syncing system recently for the next vorpX version and these changes are already included in the mod.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 242 total)
  • The topic ‘Almost Ten Years Ago…’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!