Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 8 THE VILLAGE

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    capnkimo
    Participant

SkillUp’s review is excellent (and funny). Eurogamer’s review is good as well, same mixed reception. im still eager to play RE8, but only in VR.

ac2334
    Participant

If the demo was playable there must be a way….

luka2099
    Participant

hi guys, even like you i’m stuck in this situation. fps nailed to 5 / 6fps. the demo obviously worked wonders. now i don’t know if it is useful for someone to understand the problem, the strange thing is that if i activate the virtual desktop performance overlay, it marks me 120fps. this has never happened to me in any other game. I hope they solve this problem quickly, I’m dying to play with it

ac2334
    Participant

wouldn’t think there would be dramatic differences in terms of the engine’s performance between a demo and the full game. I’ll look into it and see what I can find..

the-vr-realm
    Participant

Please add Geometry 3D, Z 3D is not good at all

This is not going to happen as it’s a DX12 game, G3D does not work with DX12 atm

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that I have it working here.

There will be a hotfix later today with a little code change that addresses the framerate issue with the retail version of the game and also includes a working Z3D profile.

The profile will have settings dialed in for both immersive screen and FullVR mode. The latter isn’t perfect due to the low FOV, but I’ll include optional instructions to set things up in a better way with the FOV mod someone mentioned above.

TheBalt
    Participant

Just a heads-up that I have it working here.

There will be a hotfix later today with a little code change that addresses the framerate issue with the retail version of the game and also includes a working Z3D profile.

The profile will have settings dialed in for both immersive screen and FullVR mode. The latter isn’t perfect due to the low FOV, but I’ll include optional instructions to set things up in a better way with the FOV mod someone mentioned above.

Sounds great! Thanks for tackling this one so quickly, great work and thank you for taking the time to get this kind of stuff sorted out for us.

We really do appreciate how involved you are with Vorpx when we know we are a niche community to a degree, thanks for keeping on top of it when you can.

steph12
    Participant

great news !

Ralf
    Keymaster

The update is ready. You should get it when you launch vorpX next time.

Works out of the box for both FullVR and immersive screen mode. For an enhanced FullVR experience make sure to check the instructions in the top/left corner of the game window.

VRan
    Participant

Ralf, you are a rockstar! Much much love!!!

steph12
    Participant

that was fast, kudos and thank you very much Ralf :)

luka2099
    Participant

many complain about the cost of vorpx, but I think it is worth all the money, just for the great support it provides !!!!!!! mythical Ralf !!!! thank you so much!

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Was just about to try it and the profile disappeared? Oh you change its name!

Ralf
    Keymaster

You don’t have to download any profile. It’s actually not even in the cloud currently. The profile comes automatically with today’s vorpX hotfix release.

VRan
    Participant

It works perfectly Ralf, Amazing frame rate and head tracking is a delight! thank you!

One question… For some reason, the Hide Touch controller option is not available with the profile… Only gives me option to show as hands or controllers

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!