vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Hugh
    Participant

hello! I wanted to take part in BETA testing, downloaded and installed, but some picture pops up with Registration Dialog. What am I doing wrong? tell me

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ luka:

There is no need to uninstall it. Like said in the last reply it won’t get enabled unless you run the desktop viewer.

Just in case, since you gave that (extremely bad) advice in reply to someone else a few days ago: do NOT stop/disable the vorpX service. By doing so you break the entire desktop viewer/virtual display system, including vorpX’s ability to switch the virtual display on/off. The service is a vital component since this beta. I’ll make sure you can’t accidentally mess with the service before the next beta release.

@ Hugh:

You need a valid license, it’s not a free-for-all beta, sorry.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Brief heads-up that the Cyberpunk 2077 profile’s mod component has been updated with the latest CyberEngineTweaks modding framework for Cyberpunk 1.62.

I believe I never mentioned that before: vorpX 23.1 comes with a new profile update system that makes handling profile updates for games with advanced (mod) functionality more convenient for both me and you. Instead of having to push a full vorpX update whenever any profile’s potential extra files need updates (e.g. because of a mod breaking game update), these are now handled independently and download/install automatically if necessary. Prior that was only possible for the profile database that contains ‘normal’ profile definitions, now any potential extra files an advanced profile may require can also be updated independently from vorpX itself.

When you launch CP2077 (without having updated CET for 1.62 manually yet), you should see a message about a CP2077 mod update being available. After clicking ‘Yes’, the game will close and vorpX will install the latest version of the profile’s mod component. On next launch CP2077 should work again with all extra features the mod component provides. Magic. ;)

Since this is very new and untested in the field I’m not entirely sure whether it works 100%. If you encounter issues with the automatic CP2077 profile update, please let me know.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that the next beta will be out tomorrow (Friday).

Most important additions are various changes to the DX12 pipeline, which finally allow stable support for both The Last of Us and Uncharted 4. May also help with other DX12 games that didn’t work at all so far, but I haven’t tested anything else yet.

Sorry for the wait. I needed a little break from staring at code last week. Not that I got away from the PC very far, of course… Instead I dived a bit into AI image creation. Looks like useless junk at first, but after a few days, still merely scratching the surface, you can already create some really interesting stuff with a bit of imagination (plus a lot of trial error). Way beyond the flood of anime girls that is overflowing half the AI-related internet. If occasionally you get bored of gaming, use your GPUs for some AI art creation. Quite addictive.

Anyway: this weekend will finally be The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 time for you (and me too as far as The Last of Us is concerned).

matteo39
    Participant

i hope that in z-normal, play to tlou is affordable for my poor 2060

FrankHorigan
    Participant

RE: matteo39 – z-normal is ok.
    But you need 1.0.4.0 version game, 6core CPU and textures on medium… (If you have 2060).
    TloU now works perfect.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’ve noticed with the beta that vorpX never survives a system hibernation. Maybe this is by design for safety, but just thought I’d mention it.

I’m used to having vorpX always running in my tray, but now I have to remember to restart vorpX each time my system wakes up. Not a big deal, just checking that it is intentional.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s semi intentional. The main purpose of the standby/resume monitoring is to ensure that the virtual display is disabled when the machine wakes up. vorpX itself being disabled after standby is a side effect. Might or might not change in the future. Personally I consider it quite useful actually, but on the other hand it’s admitteddly a bit against what one would expect.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The next beta release is now available. The most important change is a partially rewritten and extended DX12 pipeline that works with more games.

Three new DX12/Z3D profiles have been added: Far Cry 6 (FullVR), The Last of Us (Immersive Screen), Uncharted 4 (Immersive Screen).

Note that these aren’t 100% complete. Most notably there aren’t any gestures yet. Being a FullVR profile especially the Far Cry 6 experience will benefit hugely from being played with motion controller gestures. I’ll upload a profile database update with gestures sometime next week. If you don’t want to wait, you can add your own. That’s super easy. Check the video in the first post for details.

Concerning The Last of Us there is a little caveat: the game’s renderer apparently works heavily asynchronously and on top of that switches between different depth buffers often, which makes it quite hard for vorpX to figure out which is the right one to use for which frame. I implemented a bunch of workarounds to deal with that and things look stable with a few savegames I checked, but if you encounter heavy depth flicker or weird distortions on your machine, you may have to resort to playing in 2D.

BETA DOWNLOAD

Ralf
    Keymaster

IMPORTANT BETA FEEDBACK HINT

You can use use this thread to discuss your experience with the beta, and of course as always I’ll try to answer what I can, but if you want me to look into something that you think might be a bug:

Please send all beta bug/issue reports including relevant log files via e-mail to support at vorpX com. You can create an archive with log files and some basic system information with a single click on the trouble shooting page of the config app. That’s infinitely more valuable for me than just a forum post, and thus in the end for you. Thanks!

james002
    Participant

I still have not installed beta. For installing beta do I have to Uninstall regular version?
    Will profile of farcry6 be available in regular version or this is only for beta?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need the beta for Far Cry 6. You can simply install it over your existing install.

If later you want to go back to the regular version in case something doesn’t work right, you can do that too by reinstalling with your non-beta web installer.

james002
    Participant

It means I don’t have to Uninstall the regular version for installing beta.
    If I need the regular version again I don’t need to Uninstall beta, simply install the regular version over it,right?

luka2099
    Participant

@ luka:

There is no need to uninstall it. Like said in the last reply it won’t get enabled unless you run the desktop viewer.

Just in case, since you gave that (extremely bad) advice in reply to someone else a few days ago: do NOT stop/disable the vorpX service. By doing so you break the entire desktop viewer/virtual display system, including vorpX’s ability to switch the virtual display on/off. The service is a vital component since this beta. I’ll make sure you can’t accidentally mess with the service before the next beta release.

forgive me ralf but I have not given any advice to anyone. I just explained what happens on my pc with the new beta, ie that the first time I launch vorpx after accessing the pc, the program crashes. but it remains active in the task manager the vorpx.exe process remains active. and until i close this process, vorpx doesn’t restart/run.
    my problem is that even now that i have uninstalled vorpx completely, i still have two monitors on my system. how do i permanently delete the virtual monitor created by vorpx?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Don’t want to nitpick, but you gave that advice about two weeks ago in the techincal support forum: click. Again, just in case: never, ever mess with the service! Among other important things the service ensures that the display driver only gets enabled when it is supposed to. Disabling the service breaks that and a lot more.

Anyway: the display driver should uninstall when you uninstall the vorpX beta. However: it does not uninstall when you just install the last regular build over the beta without uninstalling first! So please try to install and then uninstall the beta directly afterwards. That should do the trick.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 23.1.0 BETA’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!