Any news on Vive

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any news on Vive

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    Usvart
    Participant

DCS? What’s that?

Sam123456
    Participant
    Weretiger
    Participant

I will marry Ralf when this works and throw money at him afterwards!

der-blaue-max
    Participant

Stop this, if you say you will marry him, I think he will never finish

Kampinisu
    Participant

Is it possible to get Positional tracking working (somekind of movement hack) with VorpX? Room Scale would be great in older games too!

Marco
    Participant

Hi there Ralf! I write here in hope for an hint. I know u r not disclosing the release date of Vorpx for Vive until the right time has come.

Still, could u tell us if it’s something likely to happen on the next weeks or month, or if we’ll have to wait longer? (for ex. 3 months)

Thanks in general for ur work.

Congo1986
    Participant

Made an account just to post on this thread. I have been lurking here for quite a while, since even before I got my Vive. I imagine there are many others that are waiting for this too. Altspace is filled with Vive users, and almost every one of them that I have talked to is familiar with what Vorpx is and is curious about it. I am sure there are many other Vive users that are very interested.

I cant help but wonder, here with Marco, what kind of time-frame are we looking at? I know also you don’t want to give out a date, so people don’t end up getting disappointed with delays. Can you give hints on possible time-frames? Or the current status? I’m looking forward to this with EAGER anticipation! Anything really would be nice!

Weretiger
    Participant

This guy is asking the important questions! Also do you work on the weekends? I feel like an idiot looking on this website every 5 seconds on the weekends.

KahranRamsus
    Participant

Same here, I’ve been constantly refreshing this thread all day for a week now. Once this is released I will finally be satisfied with the current available content for my Vive. More excited for vorpx support than I am for most made-for-vr games.

Lupinthegreat
    Participant

Chalk up one more person waiting for a Vive Vorpx release. I still have a few weeks before it should arrive, but its great that it is in the works.

Totally want to experience Alien Isolation on the Vive.

SirChancelotx
    Participant

PSA for everyone waiting for Vorpx Vive support:

If you have not tried a FPS in VR before as a seated experience ( Vorpx will not and will never make Skyrim roomscale for those who did not know ), motion sickness is a very real possibility, even if you have an iron stomach. I never used a DK2 or had any other experience before my Vive came and have absolutely no problem with Motion sickness when it comes to native Vive games (no history of any prior motion sickness IRL either). In preparation for Skyrim VR, I tried The vanishing of Ethan Carter VR sold on Steam and from the beginning of the game something just felt “wrong”. I wanted to experience a similar situation that I would find myself in with Fallout and Skyrim. I , more or less, was fine for the first 15 min. I thought I was good to go until I stepped inside a house and then I had to take the HMD off. Everything in my gut, neck and back of my head just felt “sour”.

Long story short if you don’t have any experience with VR motion sickness, read up on it. Buy some ginger Ale and Ginger chews. I bought some Dramamine just in case because I don’t want anything to ruin the fun. Just trying to keep anyone from having a bad first experience if they aren’t prepared. :)

Weretiger
    Participant

Thanks for the warning and the tips, but I will risk throwing up all over my computer if that is what it has to take to play Skyrim on the Vive!

SirChancelotx
    Participant

Thanks for the warning and the tips, but I will risk throwing up all over my computer if that is what it has to take to play Skyrim on the Vive!

Hehehe fair enough :) then tip number 2:

Disable all mods, specifically ENB. They can make VorpX either not work or they cause issues in the game

Noble
    Participant

Hello, just made an account to ask this question.

Will I still need to purchase Virtual desktop? Will Vorpx be able to play movies, and any game in a theatre mode fashion like VD does?

I also know that SteamVR has a theatre mode where you can play any game, not sure how good it is compared to Virtual Desktop though.

I don’t need the “virtual desktop” feature, just wanting to play non-VR games and watch movies.

grodenglaive
    Participant

I’m very happy to hear vive support is coming along. I’ve been using vorpx with DK2 and have gotten great use out of it. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!