Any news on Vive

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any news on Vive

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    Weretiger
    Participant

I think that it’s best for vorpX not to hit steam. I haven’t bought or tried vorpx yet (waiting for Vive), but it seems that you will need to adjust some settings in some games to make them work optimal.

I am willing to make that sacrifice, but I believe (this is an assumption) that the majority of users on Steam are more of the plug and play kind. Because of this, I believe (assumption again) that vorpx will not get very good ratings on Steam. Aka “X game doesn’t work on vorpx! Negative rating, refund!”, without messing with that game’s settings.

But hey, I’m not an expert on this. Don’t take my word on it!

Ralf
    Keymaster

You *can* adjust a lot of things in vorpX, but you don’t have to. Doing so can make sense to get the perfect experience, but there also is a very simple 3-step preocedure to get almost any game up and running in 10 seconds.

That doesn’t always provide the 100% result that is possible with some of the advanced stuff, but it always provides a playable experience.

queadlunnrau
    Participant

$40 to turn my $800 Vive equipment to more then just an expensive novelty with flashy demos being counted as games.

I was starting to regret my pre-order of the vive hoping more AAA title would be out at launch, however finding information about VorpX soon to support the Vive gave me a good sense of happiness in my upcoming VR equipment again.

I’m happy the list of officially supported games match the games I love.

Just thought I’d register and give my $0.02 of positive re-enforcement to the developer(s)

Lexlagger
    Participant

Is there a way to get on a notification list for when Vive support comes in? Did you get yours yet? Looking forward to that support and once it’s here you’ll have another sale.

NastyN8
    Participant

Steam users are not dumb however I can see what you are getting at. But the majority of Pc gamers use steam, if they aren’t than they probably are just getting it for free and how good is vorpex at anti piracy. Sometimes I am looking for software that does something specific and when I find it I search tpb for it. When its on steam I don’t think twice. I know that I’ll get my auto updates news and community for every bit of software on steam and if it doesn’t work even after fucking with the settings (mydream swift) I refund it.

DoctorDigital
    Participant

For me Software doesn’t necessarily need to come off of Steam. In fact, I usually prefer something I can download and install the good old way.

Anyhow – I don’t mind if software is on Steam. If I have a choice with same prices, I’d pick the non-Steam version. If I can get a special price on Steam, I’ll take that.

Thing is – we need Vive support. And on my part, I’d like it sooner than later. Because all Software at the moment for Vive is just some live-action game, like a Wii excersice program. And I just want to be able to play my shooters, with mouse and keyboard, on the Headmount. ;-)

jamescobalt
    Participant

Registered just to say, also, that I would love to get this on Steam (for Vive), and would even pay a higher price there versus here for the convenience.

Wille
    Participant

Long time DK2 owner turned Vive fanboy. I bought Vorpx just to support development for Vive. Plus, I’ve been itching to play Guild Wars 2 in VR.

edo
    Participant

Also prefer steam but I am a Vorpx supporter no matter where I have to go to get it. My Vive is up and running on all the eye candy demos. neat but kind of empty. My trusty DK2 hasn’t seen action in a few weeks. hard to go back to its much more noticeable screen door now.

Cant wait to try a real AAA game like Fallout 4 in VIVe w geometry mode and back to finishing Skyrim in all its mod glory for 2nd time w Vorpx.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 16.2.0 with beta HTC Vive support has been released.

Read more about it here.

LittleZ
    Participant
    edo
    Participant

omg

Participant

I bought the VorpX software before the Vive support was even listed, assuming VR was VR, little did i know… but glad to see official support coming, I have only one complaint with the vive, the games are all EXPENSIVE demos.

I have bought and played a ton of them, and I have to say, if anything kills VR its the lackluster sub-par “pre-alpha” demos for sale at retail prices.

Ralf might be the savior for VR, at least for me… I cannot WAIT to play some actual AAA titles in VR.

Speaking of which, do you have an ETA for when you might first introduce Vive support?

List of games in my personal order of worth the money:

*.) Minecraft (minecrift-Vive) EPIC levels of fun! but no 1.9 support….
    1.) Final Approach – Super Fun and interesting use of VR(full game)
    2.) Budget cuts (demo) – Wicked fun, but a demo
    3.) Space pirate trainer – Wicked fun (sold as full game, but its Pre-alpha)
    4.) Vanishing Realms – Really Fun (Chapter 1 of X)
    5.) Job Simulator – Really Fun first time through (kind of 4 demos)
    6.) The Lab – fun (Demo Pack)
    7.) Windlands – Oddly fun (only a short way into it)
    8.) TheBlu – not really worth the $10 but i kept it – (3 Short Demo’s)
    9.) Fantastic Contraption – mediocre (came with my HMD)
    10.) Cloudlands VR Golf (refunded) Terrible music, hard to see where you need to teleport to, and the courses are odd
    11.) Call of the star seed The Gallery – (refunded) REALLY short, not that fun, not optimized, odd glitches and $30 (2hours of gameplay) for the first chapter of the game!!!!!!!!!!!
    12.) Descent underground (refunded) – Runs like crap on my 4.8Ghz 980Ti-SLI PC, Multiplayer or Bots only, head movement locked to monitor refresh rate, almost made me vomit.

Anyone try the out of ammo, elite dangerous, Luca, or 5089?

Fredthehound
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Kept my word. You released Vive comparability and I just bought the program.

Now all I need is for HTC to deliver the vive…It’s always something ;)

LittleZ
    Participant

I bought the VorpX software before the Vive support was even listed, assuming VR was VR, little did i know… but glad to see official support coming, I have only one complaint with the vive, the games are all EXPENSIVE demos.

I have bought and played a ton of them, and I have to say, if anything kills VR its the lackluster sub-par “pre-alpha” demos for sale at retail prices.

Ralf might be the savior for VR, at least for me… I cannot WAIT to play some actual AAA titles in VR.

Speaking of which, do you have an ETA for when you might first introduce Vive support?

List of games in my personal order of worth the money:

*.) Minecraft (minecrift-Vive) EPIC levels of fun! but no 1.9 support….
    1.) Final Approach – Super Fun and interesting use of VR(full game)
    2.) Budget cuts (demo) – Wicked fun, but a demo
    3.) Space pirate trainer – Wicked fun (sold as full game, but its Pre-alpha)
    4.) Vanishing Realms – Really Fun (Chapter 1 of X)
    5.) Job Simulator – Really Fun first time through (kind of 4 demos)
    6.) The Lab – fun (Demo Pack)
    7.) Windlands – Oddly fun (only a short way into it)
    8.) TheBlu – not really worth the $10 but i kept it – (3 Short Demo’s)
    9.) Fantastic Contraption – mediocre (came with my HMD)
    10.) Cloudlands VR Golf (refunded) Terrible music, hard to see where you need to teleport to, and the courses are odd
    11.) Call of the star seed The Gallery – (refunded) REALLY short, not that fun, not optimized, odd glitches and $30 (2hours of gameplay) for the first chapter of the game!!!!!!!!!!!
    12.) Descent underground (refunded) – Runs like crap on my 4.8Ghz 980Ti-SLI PC, Multiplayer or Bots only, head movement locked to monitor refresh rate, almost made me vomit.

Anyone try the out of ammo, elite dangerous, Luca, or 5089?

I completely agree with everything you said. I was going to cancel my vive preorder until i came across this forum saying vive support was in the works.

I have played 5089, it’s a good game but i ended up returning it. The guns put the vive controller at a 90 degree angle from the barrel, unlike space pirate trainer, which sits at a more natural angle. I didn’t think i could deal with that long term.

Does the cost of Vanishing Realms cover the upcoming chapters? I read it was short, only 2 hours… so i avoided it because it’s so expensive. It does look like the coolest launch title though.

Although, none of this matters now that vorpx supports the vive. I’m reinstalling Fallout 4 now ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!