Cyberpunk 2077

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk 2077

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

90hz in G2 and 45fps limit in CP77 will work, too !

Fluidsync simply double the fps by upscaling, and will work in 60/120, too. But you need nearly stable 60fps to get stable 120fps with Fluidsync

In Cyberpunk with average 40-45fps, FluidSync at 45/90 is the best choice.

Press ALT + F to benchmark your fps.

(If you can’t get stable 90fps, than reduce the resolution to 2880×2160, that is very sharpen, too !)

sgearr
    Participant

@raif

The update seems to fix the crashing on my Radeon.
    The new update seems to increase judder in cyberpunk a lot, is there any setting that helps to decrease it? Also the zoom amount only goes to 80 is there a way to increase that.

Dave
    Participant

The higher FOV in the new profile needs some performance, but have you reseted the CP77 profile before starting the game in vorpx control app as suggested by Ralf ?

Edgenier
    Participant

I can’t achieve 45/90fps but i could achieve 40/80. How do I change fluidsync from 45/90 to 40/80???

Ralf
    Keymaster

The second framerate depends on your headset, 80 is what Rift S uses, most other PC headsets do 90. The only way to change it would be your headset software if it has such an option. Unsure about the G2, other WMR headsets typically support 60 and 90, which can be changed in the WMR portal.

Dave
    Participant

For example the 45/90 or 40/80 are not settings of fluidsync itself. Fluidsync simply divides your refresh rates 80hz or 90hz of your headset by two, and that are 45 or 40 which are upscaled by Fluidsync to 90fps or 80fps. It is not the same full quality of real 90fps or 80fps but you can play the games without judder with Fluidsync, even though you reach only half of the fps your G2 needs without Fluidsync. If your Reverb G2 supports 60hz you can play your games in 30fps upscaled to 60fps, in 80hz Mode with 40fps upscaled to 80fps and in 90hz with 45fps upscaled to 90fps.

Change your refresh rates of your G2 in the WMR settings, and press Alt + F to show your fps after booting into Night City. The first Value are your real fps and the second value your upscaled fps. In my setup the graphic settings are changed to settings which are most of the time stable 40fps upscaled to 80. The second Value of 80fps has to be stable most of time, too.

WMR call it Motion / Vector reprojection it is related to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asynchronous_reprojection

markbradley1982
    Participant

I just got the new VorpX version downloaded to my PC (Version 21.1.1).

Cyberpunk starts with 3D reconstruction turned off by default after the update and I have to set it back to Z-normal and increase the 3D effect to 2.0. Any ideas why this behavior happened? Before this update my settings were tweaked a bit because I changed it from VR mode to Immersive Screen mode but other than that I left it alone.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to reset the profile to default in the config app. There have been several changes from the preliminary profile. Among other things the profile comes with automated FOV and various tweaks for FullVR mode now.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Thanks for the update and new release.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Cyberpunk related 21.1.1 changes for convenience:

• Improved: Cyberpunk 2077: DirectVR FOV added, .ini tweaks for FullVR comfort. If you played Cyberpunk 2077 before with vorpX, resetting the profile to default in the config app is recommended.
    • Improved: DX12 changes to circumvent Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with Radeon GPUs
    zero_nanometer
    Participant

I started using the HP G2 last night and started getting frequent crashes on my 5600x/3090 set up. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have tested both the Steam and the GoG version for several hours now and am confident to say that there are no crash conditions in conjunction with using vorpX. The only vorpX related crash condition was a conflict on AMD Radeon cards in some nVidia code the game uses, which apparently does something else on AMD GPUs than it does on nVidia GPUs. That has been fixed with yesterday’s update.

The best advice I can give you is resetting the profile to default in the vorpX config app, using the latest GPU drivers, not cranking everything up to max in the game’s graphics options and checking for potential conflicts with interfering background apps on your PC that also hook into games.

Just in case: if you happen to overclock anything in your PC, try with default clock rates.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Due to the lack of 3D reconstruction, I decided to reset VorpX to factory settings. This reset VorpX to default settings. So now Cyberpunk starts in VR mode with 3D enabled to correct settings. It looks like this update has the hacked FOV settings, they look great and it’s having me reconsider using VR mode now instead of immersive screen.

One issue. My middle mouse button that is the scroll wheel is physically broken as a mouse button. The scroll wheel works, but the middle mouse button function of the scrollwheel is broken. So I am unable to use edgepeek in the default settings. No problem right? I can just change the in-game bindings right. Well I changed it to Mouse X1 which is my mouse’s left side button. Unfortunately despite changing this keybinding in VorpX and confirming it’s saved, it doesn’t work when I try to enter edge peak mode. I remember having a similar problem like a year ago too. No matter what I do, I can’t remap it to Mouse X1. Would it be possible to look into this Ralf? I am having this issue right after a factory reset too. Otherwise everything is perfect!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I will look into it, can confirm that Mouse X1/X2 for some reason don’t do anything. No idea why currently, but shouldn’t be too hard to fix. For the time being remapping to any keyboard key instead should do the trick, you probably already did that.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Thanks for this Christmas release

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!