Cyberpunk 2077

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk 2077

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

This game sure throws a sh!t-ton of stuff at you in the first 4 hours. Either that or I’m just getting old and prefer a nice slow ease-in.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just do it like me and play the start multiple times… After that you’ll know everything inside out.

Did you encounter any more issues with garbled depth in the meantime? I checked pretty much the whole game start up until the first mission in the city plus some walking around afterwards two times today. One time in ‘Generic Headset’ mode, one time with an actual headset. Not a single hiccup depth- or otherwise. Seriously beginning to think this might have been resolved by the latest nVidia driver update yesterday, which I didn’t have installed when I made the profile originally.

sgearr
    Participant

@Ralf

The Game runs around 30 FPS. On my Mid-Range gaming PC, it looks wonderful but it does crash’s a lot but I am also using Steamvr and Virtual desktop in addition to Vorpx and I am not sure if the problem is on one of those two. Is anyone else have the same issues?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe that’s just too much. Try to reduce graphics settings until you can reach half your headset’s refresh rate. At that point vorpX will cap the framerate and the GPU wouldn’t be completely overloaded anymore.

Also please try without Virtual Desktop. Better to remove anything from the chain that isn’t strictly necessary. Or does Oculus Link not work for some reason?

Also, just in case you overlooked my earlier reply in that regard: please make sure to have the latest graphics driver installed, both AMD and nVidia had updates for Cyberpunk 2077 yesterday.

And last, but not least, also just in case: no overclocking of any kind. That’s evil in general and it’s even more evil when bringing a PC to its limits by playing a game like this with vorpX.

dborosev
    Participant

Ralf,
    Yeah I bet you’re well versed in it by now. We’ll see if the info overload plateaus any time soon. Lol.
    No glitches at all since changing that graphics setting. Smooth as silk. Tho if I was a betting man, my money would be on those “scanning” crime solving clips I’ve seen.

dborosev
    Participant

As an aside Ralf, not sure if there is a way to hotkey toggling “3D”, but that might be useful for special sections of certain games where you need clear vision and the layers interfere with that. Or maps or menus where that sort of stuff interferes. Just a thought.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is some auto detection built into vorpX that tries to figure out whether Z3D should be on or off by checking how much is going on currently. Unfortunately something like this can’t be 100% reliable all the time since some (many) games render menus and similar screens simply in front of everything else, which basically breaks the workload detection. But for Cyberpunk 2077 it should work most of the time when you switch to the menu.

There also is a hotkey though for turning on/off 3D manually. Per default that’s ALT+X, can be changed to whatever you seem fit in the config app.

Another good, maybe even better, way to achieve what you have in mind is setting the EdgePeek 3D multiplier to 0.0. That way 3D is turned off whenever you switch to EdgePeek.

NSAgent
    Participant

I hate to sound like a noob (I am) so forgive me if my question has been answered in the past.

My characters hands look really big, what setting governs that? I think it’s resolution, if so, which should I use?

1080p monitor
    RX 3700
    GTX 1070ti
    Oculus Quest 2 w/link

Thanks a bunch, especially to Ralf, VorpX has been a great purchase

Ralf
    Keymaster

The biggest factor here is that the game is not made for VR, hands/weapons are often made larger by game devs in first person games to look good on a monitor. Sometimes that can be addressed, sometimes it can’t. I’ll have to dive into the bowels of the game somewhat deeper than I did so far to say whether or not something can be done in this case. A secondary factor is the way vorpX creates 3D for this game, which isn’t entirely accurate (but on the upside twice as fast as rendering everything separately for each eye).

NSAgent
    Participant

Good enough for me, thanks a ton. Still enjoying the experience!

spicyramen
    Participant

having trouble with choosing the right resolution and I keep seeing the borders at the bottom and sides. everything in my game is hard to read even after making a custom resolution for it. Using an oculus quest 2. Any advice? Just got vorpx yesterday.

moarveer
    Participant

I won’t be playing the game yet, but just passing by to say thanks to Ralf for making it work in Vorpx so soon, really appreciated.

cbrobi
    Participant

does someone gets a huge image\screen glitching when looking\pointing to containers, dead bodies to loot, and when using the scanner? This glitching sometimes disappears when looking away, sometimes stays there until I turn off 3d or load the save again….
    By the way vorpx is awesome, this game runs ok even on my intel i5 (everything on low, with immersive screen, but well playable)

dborosev
    Participant

@cbrobi, check out the discussions previous which address this.
    tldr: set color correction setting in graphics to high.

sgearr
    Participant

FYI New 1.04 Hot fix is out.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!