Cyberpunk 2077

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk 2077

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Just to emphasize dborosev’s post: anyone experiencing occasionally garbled depth: please set ‘Color Precision’ to ‘High’ in the game’s graphics options. I’m 99% certain that this will reliably fix the issue.

There will be another hotfix pretty soon that does this automatically on game start.

Changing this setting doesn’t come entirely for free. Provided the GPU monitoring app I use measures correctly it costs about 100MB of GPU memory at 1080p (more on higher resolutions). Probably no big deal, but on lower end graphics cards it might make sense to dial something else back instead that potentially has an impact on GPU memory usage if possible, e.g. shadow resolution.

cbrobi
    Participant

thanks @ dborosev, and @ Ralf, yes I read previous posts. Yes It was caused by color precicion option….it works now

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try the ‘Color Precision’ to ‘High’ fix. Unless you experience yet another depth glitch that should help.

cbrobi
    Participant

thanks, it worked

Obneiric
    Participant

Raytracing seems to tank performance in vorpx way more than it does in flatscreen. Using the same settings that give me 80 fps in flatscreen with RT reflections on is unplayable in vorpx with massive framedips below 40 fps and freezes. Wonder why that is.

Meanwhile with RT off, my 3080 is running along smoothly with fluidsync on at 3200×1800, ultra settings and DLSS – quality.

Ralf
    Keymaster

“3200×1800, ultra settings” is the answer to your question. Try something slightly more modest. I played for several hours now on a 3080 at 2560×1440 and the settings the game chose automatically for the 3080. No framerate issues at all.

Obneiric
    Participant

I think you misunderstood, my game runs stable and smooth using fluidsync (maintaining 40 fps) in vorpx at 3200×1800 and ultra with RT off. These settings give me roughly 80fps in flatscreen.

On the other hand, turning RT reflections on tanks performance (dips well below 40fps and freezes) even if I try 1440p/medium, even though these same settings are getting me 80 fps on flatscreen. RT reflections only becomes playable at 1080p/low in vorpx.

Basically, RT seems to disproportionately affect performance in vorpx compared to flatscreen. Not a big deal, but it is pretty curious.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hard to tell, maybe enabling raytraced reflections at your res/settings tips the graphics card over the edge memory wise so that is has to use system RAM. Just guessing though. Just try something slightly more modest and you should be good, probably including raytraced reflections.

Obneiric
    Participant

Does seem likely its VRAM-related. Another reason to upgrade to the 3080Ti, I suppose…

david joe
    Participant

Now, is ver.21.1.0.2 the latest version?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, 21.1.0.2 is the current version. Updates should install automatically, so under normal circumstances you don’t have to check for them manually. If you are unsure whether you received the latest update, you can check the pinned release post here in the forum. It gets updated whenever a new version comes out.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Wait, does Cyberpunk 2077 works with VorpX in G3D?????

dborosev
    Participant

@ Michelangel0,
    No.

Warjunkie
    Participant

is g3d being worked on or is that not possible?

markbradley1982
    Participant

G3D might not work at the moment, but Z3D is looking fantastic (and I normally prefer G3D if available and my system can handle it) and performance is great.

How is everyone playing Cyberpunk? Right now I’m playing it sitting, but eventually I’d like to play it standing with a wireless controller or Vive wands like I did Fallout New Vegas.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!